Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Jan 20th 2018, 5:52 pm
Just Joined

Edatefi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

When applying for spouse visa, is there any point in submitting social media chats as a proof of communication? Does it carry any weight?
Old Jan 20th 2018, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

Thanis90 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mmabater
Hello everyone! Positive note here I'm happy to share that my 2nd application has been successful. Visa approved, vignette from 24JAN-23FEB. Timeline(s) posted in the other thread including the 1st application.

Any advice about what to do next please? Do I need to bring the TB result/certificate? It's with the husband now, Sheffield sent back the originals last January 18, 2018.

Thank you and here's hoping to hear more positive notes from those still waiting.
Congratulations! Happy for you two!

My immigration lawyer advised that it's not necessary for my husband to bring the TB test certificate along with him on entry, however it will be needed when registering with a doctor. I however have told my husband to keep a copy on his person just in case, as the original is still with me (after being sent back from Sheffield).
Old Jan 20th 2018, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

Thanis90 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Edatefi
When applying for spouse visa, is there any point in submitting social media chats as a proof of communication? Does it carry any weight?
I see a lot of people here saying that it's not used as evidence. I however do not believe that as it's the only evidence we provided with our application of time spent communicating (other than one fortnight holiday we had together after the visit I made when we got married, and also one visit before we got married.)

Myself and my husband did the bulk of our communicating on Whatsapp, Telegram and a little on Facebook right back in the beginning.

I was worried about this as I heard a lot of stuff about the Home Office not accepting it as evidence of communication (which is just bonkers) and clearly that's not the case as we just had our visa approved a few days ago.

EDIT: I would say that frequency may be the main issue in some cases.
Old Jan 21st 2018, 2:56 am
Forum Regular

mmabater is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you Thanis90
Old Feb 1st 2018, 7:12 pm
Just Joined

Fashon is an unknown quantity at this point

Just a quick question. I am a Jamaican citizen my eife and I got married of oct 30th 2017 we made our application a week after we got married I did biometrics on the first of December and documents was scanned to Sheffield on that same day. On the 11th of December I got three consecutive emails from Sheffield stating that:
1: no return envelop was sent
2: no tb test was presented
3: no proof of English language

Please not that Jamaica was not on the listed country for to or English language test so non of those was presented. My wife sent the a letter a day after but haven't heard from them since. It has bee 41 working days today from biometrics. Should I be worried? Btw I was given a 60days wait.

Last edited by Fashon; Feb 1st 2018 at 7:17 pm.
Old Feb 2nd 2018, 2:24 pm
Just Joined

Godschild is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Did you submit your Jamaican Birth Certificate along with your documents ?
I believe it's an error on their path but you can contact them again to ensure that they send out an acknowledgement of your letter.

Fingers cross you will get your visa soon
Old Feb 2nd 2018, 3:36 pm
Just Joined

Hi I am a Jamaican citizen my husband is British citizen his background is Jamaican he has his own home etc..

I lived in the UK for 14years with my grandparents I was legal for 8years as a student, I feel ill just before my leave expire and couldn't work to fund the renewal of my student visa.

I have no criminal record my only crime is overstaying which I regret to this day as I am person who obey the rules.

In 2012 I submit a new application base on discretionary leave to remain ( As I was caring for my grandparents with terminal cancer/ dementia in 2008 my grandfather passaway and grandmother also passaway in 2013) but my application was refuse a year later we sent a review letter but we didn't receive an acknowledged from HO.

I have attended my church since I arrived in the UK 2003 involved in many ministries,In 2013 my husband asked me out and we decided to get married 2 years later, So our families and friends including our Pastor travel to Jamaica June 2016 where we got married. My husband was working part time when we got married so we waited until he got a job that meets the financial requirements.

We then apply in July 2017, On the 25th Oct 2017 we receive an email stating that our application is not straight forward and will not process within the time.

We wait them call 15th Nov 2017 for an update to find out if they want us to send more information etc...

We received the same email a week later stated to wait as application is not straight forward.

On the 4th December 2017 a family member in the UK where I was living send me an invoice from NHS asking me to pay for services that I used while I was illegal (the letter was sent date 21st November with instructions with immediate payment in full as this will affect your visa application) anyway we made the payment within in 2 days.

We email and called HO to inform them that we made the payment- we receive an acknowledgement from them of this information.

On 8th Jan 2018 we called again for an update we receive an email stating that the application is in the final processing stages and a decision will be made soon since them we have not heard from them

What should we do? We have been waiting more than a 120 days now since we made the application our patience as been exhausted.

Please can someone anyone advice us on what to do next
We would really appreciate your help. Thanks
Old Feb 2nd 2018, 4:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

You have a complicated application - and an overstay situation - you can only continue to wait for a decision.
Old Feb 2nd 2018, 5:32 pm
Just Joined

Fashon is an unknown quantity at this point

How could I get to them tho. Bcoz I have found and email but it's saying I need to pay to send an email like seriously
Old Feb 2nd 2018, 6:04 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fashon
How could I get to them tho. Bcoz I have found and email but it's saying I need to pay to send an email like seriously
Yes, you have to pay for an email response. But why do you need to contact them? As said above, with being in the UK illegally for so long your application is going to take longer, so there's not a lot you can do but be patient and wait.
Old Feb 2nd 2018, 6:59 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
You have a complicated application - and an overstay situation - you can only continue to wait for a decision.

Thanks for your reply.

My husband called today for update they told him a decision is made and will get an email Monday or Tuesday, she also said there is a note on their system saying that passport should be collected no later than 16th February. We are praying and hoping it's a positive outcome.
I will update accordingly
Old Feb 2nd 2018, 7:02 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Fashon
You can call aswell very costly though. The number and email address is on there website. I wish you the best of luck.
Old Feb 2nd 2018, 9:38 pm
Just Joined

MichaelaShannonMensah is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey everyone,

So happy I have found this page! I have been searching for a long time during the process of getting married, getting paperwork together etc.

I am happy I have finally found a forum that is up to date!

So me & my husband (him from Ghana) me from England, have been together over 2 years & married since the 14th October 2017. Finally sent off for the visa (online app) Wed 24th Jan. Biometrics on Friday 26th Jan along with all of the supporting documents that my lawyers sent to Sheffield. Received email yesterday (1st Feb) with the generic email of 'Your online application has been received to the decision making centre)

& now is my long awaited wait I have paid for the priority service & have read good & bad stories so here it is to my hopefully not too long wait. Has anyone else been in my position with there partner coming from Ghana recently on a priority visa?

We both have no issues at all that should get in the way & the lawyers have been a great help with all the bits to detail.

I look forward to getting involved & being here with you all on my journey,

Kayla x
Old Feb 14th 2018, 12:45 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Godschild
Hi I am a Jamaican citizen my husband is British citizen his background is Jamaican he has his own home etc..

I lived in the UK for 14years with my grandparents I was legal for 8years as a student, I feel ill just before my leave expire and couldn't work to fund the renewal of my student visa.

I have no criminal record my only crime is overstaying which I regret to this day as I am person who obey the rules.

In 2012 I submit a new application base on discretionary leave to remain ( As I was caring for my grandparents with terminal cancer/ dementia in 2008 my grandfather passaway and grandmother also passaway in 2013) but my application was refuse a year later we sent a review letter but we didn't receive an acknowledged from HO.

I have attended my church since I arrived in the UK 2003 involved in many ministries,In 2013 my husband asked me out and we decided to get married 2 years later, So our families and friends including our Pastor travel to Jamaica June 2016 where we got married. My husband was working part time when we got married so we waited until he got a job that meets the financial requirements.

We then apply in July 2017, On the 25th Oct 2017 we receive an email stating that our application is not straight forward and will not process within the time.

We wait them call 15th Nov 2017 for an update to find out if they want us to send more information etc...

We received the same email a week later stated to wait as application is not straight forward.

On the 4th December 2017 a family member in the UK where I was living send me an invoice from NHS asking me to pay for services that I used while I was illegal (the letter was sent date 21st November with instructions with immediate payment in full as this will affect your visa application) anyway we made the payment within in 2 days.

We email and called HO to inform them that we made the payment- we receive an acknowledgement from them of this information.

On 8th Jan 2018 we called again for an update we receive an email stating that the application is in the final processing stages and a decision will be made soon since them we have not heard from them

What should we do? We have been waiting more than a 120 days now since we made the application our patience as been exhausted.

Please can someone anyone advice us on what to do next
We would really appreciate your help. Thanks

Update!!!
Receive my visa today
Patience is a virtue.
Praise be to God!!
Old Feb 14th 2018, 2:03 pm
Just Joined

Dani.nica is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone applying for a spouse visa at the Bogota VFS centre? if yes can you please tell me how long did you application take in order to get an answer?

Citizen from: Nicaragua
Biometrics taken: Panama Jan 10th
email stating that they recieved my scanned documents : Jan 11th

Have not recieved anything since then, It has been exactly 5 weeks now since the Biometrics appointment.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.