Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Jan 5th 2018, 8:29 pm
Just Joined

Tabi85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Hi Tabi. Although there might be an outside chance that you'll get very lucky and your application approved with the late submission of your decree absolute, no one can say this with any certainty. The rule is appeals are only successful if the original case officer made an error in refusing your application, and that's not the case here.

For certainty, a fresh application would be best (providing you met all other requirements), but I do understand that it's an expensive process. Best of luck whatever you decide.
Hi,
Thank you very much for your response and help.
Good luck you too
Old Jan 6th 2018, 8:43 am
Just Joined

Edatefi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by j4v3d
Fairly quiet in here, anyone recently had any approvals? What was it like over the Xmas holidays? Luckily, i got mine before that.
I’ve just sent off my application using the priority service. Stay tuned!
Old Jan 6th 2018, 9:26 am
Forum Regular

Thanis90 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by j4v3d
Fairly quiet in here, anyone recently had any approvals? What was it like over the Xmas holidays? Luckily, i got mine before that.
Just waiting here patiently! (As patiently as is possible!). Coming up to 60 working days for us.
Old Jan 6th 2018, 10:25 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Thanis90
Just pwaiting here patiently! (As patiently as is possible!). Coming up to 60 working days for us.
Did you go for priority service? Does priority service mean shorter appeal time if we have to go for an appeal?
Old Jan 6th 2018, 11:25 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Edatefi
Did you go for priority service? Does priority service mean shorter appeal time if we have to go for an appeal?
Priority service doesn't have anything to do with appeals, when you first apply for your visa you have a choice between standard processing or priority. Even if you've chosen priority for your application, it doesn't have any impact on the time it takes for an appeal decision.
Old Jan 6th 2018, 4:51 pm
Forum Regular

My lawyer said that a priority payment wouldn't make the process any quicker because there is such a backlog - so we decided against it. But I sincerely wish we had, if I'm honest...
Old Jan 15th 2018, 3:23 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Thanis90
My lawyer said that a priority payment wouldn't make the process any quicker because there is such a backlog - so we decided against it. But I sincerely wish we had, if I'm honest...
There is a petition going on. Please sign and spread the news.
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/206568
Old Jan 15th 2018, 3:55 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

There is a petition going on. Please sign and spread the news.
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/206568
The petition is about the criteria for visit visas, which isn't what this thread is about.

HTH.
Old Jan 19th 2018, 12:44 pm
Just Joined

Lp09 is an unknown quantity at this point

Application submitted: Spouse visa settlement (Husband)
Priority / non priority: (Non priority app) Online app : 17/10/2017
Biometrics: Islamabad Pakistan: 23/10/17
Supporting documents sent to Sheffield: same day 23/10/2017
Acknowledgement email and supporting documents received from Sheffield 31/10/2017
Projected timeline given: 12 weeks
No emails received in between, no on hold or not straight forward email, no emails requesting additional info.
Emailed UKVI for an update on: 15/01/2018 (12th week) was told a decision was made on 10/01/2018 and to wait for official email and passport collection, it’s been 7 working days days but have not received a decision made email or sms to collect a passport.

It’s been 61 working days exactly today. Any one else with a similar timeline or experienced this ?
Old Jan 19th 2018, 3:45 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Lp09
Application submitted: Spouse visa settlement (Husband)
Priority / non priority: (Non priority app) Online app : 17/10/2017
Biometrics: Islamabad Pakistan: 23/10/17
Supporting documents sent to Sheffield: same day 23/10/2017
Acknowledgement email and supporting documents received from Sheffield 31/10/2017
Projected timeline given: 12 weeks
No emails received in between, no on hold or not straight forward email, no emails requesting additional info.
Emailed UKVI for an update on: 15/01/2018 (12th week) was told a decision was made on 10/01/2018 and to wait for official email and passport collection, it’s been 7 working days days but have not received a decision made email or sms to collect a passport.

It’s been 61 working days exactly today. Any one else with a similar timeline or experienced this ?
We were at 50 working days when we received an email saying decision had been made. We did not get an email to say to go and collect the passport, but my husband went the following day and he got his passport back. Although I hear a lot of people talking about getting a "collect your passport" email, some people never seem to get them... Can you call the application centre near you to find out if it's ready to collect? If you are close by, you might as well go and ask. But I understand if you're far away you wouldn't want to travel all the way to be turned away.
Old Jan 19th 2018, 3:50 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for your reply.
The thing is I was only told a decision was made when I emailed to ask for an update. I have not had an official email and my husband hasn’t had any phone call or email either. It worries me thinking why it would take this long to dispatch the passport if decision was made on 10/01/18
Old Jan 19th 2018, 4:10 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Lp09
Thanks for your reply.
The thing is I was only told a decision was made when I emailed to ask for an update. I have not had an official email and my husband hasn’t had any phone call or email either. It worries me thinking why it would take this long to dispatch the passport if decision was made on 10/01/18
Oh, I see. Sorry. I missed that. Well, I wouldn't worry. It's probably just an issue they are having with communication between departments. If they said a decision has been made, and you haven't' had a "not straightforward" email, then it's probably just about to be ready to get collected. Wait until mid next week and see what happens. I know it's incredibly frustrating... The whole thing is... But if they said a decision has been made, then you know that you don't have long to wait. Good things come to those who wait and all that! Haha

Good luck.
Old Jan 19th 2018, 4:37 pm
Just Joined

Lol thanks for the reassurance it was much needed. Congratulations also
Old Jan 19th 2018, 11:28 pm
Forum Regular

osakamackem is an unknown quantity at this point

My wife just had her appointment at VFS Osaka (Japan) yesterday. We paid for the priority service and were told this would mean a decision made up to 30 working after Sheffield receive our application documents. It's up to 60 for non-priority.

Saying that, it's hard to know how much they can be sure of this. It really does seem like communication between UKVI Sheffield and VFS is poor; they weren't able to answer any of the queries we had about what to submit to Sheffield. Plus a good deal of the information provided on the UKVI webpages, VFS webpages, and to me via the fee-charging helpline, did not match what happened at the appointment yesterday.
Old Jan 20th 2018, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

mmabater is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone! Positive note here I'm happy to share that my 2nd application has been successful. Visa approved, vignette from 24JAN-23FEB. Timeline(s) posted in the other thread including the 1st application.

Any advice about what to do next please? Do I need to bring the TB result/certificate? It's with the husband now, Sheffield sent back the originals last January 18, 2018.

Thank you and here's hoping to hear more positive notes from those still waiting.

Last edited by mmabater; Jan 20th 2018 at 4:58 pm. Reason: rephrase

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.