Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Nov 9th 2017, 2:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

j4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Originally Posted by JimmyBlue76
We escalated and asked again why our case was considered not straightforward and they gave another none answer today "We have previously advised you your application is not straightforward, we continue to work on it, no timeline."

1. Didn't answer the question, we asked why and they didn't say why.
2. If they continue to work on it why hasn't it been updated since July 26th?
3. How can they still not know? My guess is they have actually lost it.
I don't think they've lost it. Probably just stuck in that never ending pile of applications. Can they not send the army in and get them to help process them!

This waiting game is excruciating.
Old Nov 9th 2017, 2:46 pm
Forum Regular

PaManjang is an unknown quantity at this point

Collected passport with Visa approved today (144 working days/ 29 weeks)
Thanks everyone on here for the support & advice.
Keep engaging MP's, mine wasn't very helpful but did get some info from her towards the end (after 6months).
Old Nov 9th 2017, 3:33 pm
Forum Regular

mystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PaManjang
Keep engaging MP's, mine wasn't very helpful but did get some info from her towards the end (after 6months).
Congratulations and all the best for the future.
Old Nov 9th 2017, 4:24 pm
Just Joined

Mannuatif is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PaManjang
Congratulations and goodluck. good to know that it ended on a positive note for you after such a long wait
Old Nov 9th 2017, 5:07 pm
Just Joined

1dmanu is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys.
I am one of those applicants who's waiting since April.got a not straightforward email in July. My husband got a call from HO about his work .since then we are waiting .got the 31st October email too but nothing happened. Don't know what to do. Haven't met my husband since March. God knows what they are doing with our application
Old Nov 9th 2017, 5:15 pm
Forum Regular

tempestadesm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 1dmanu
Hey guys.
I am one of those applicants who's waiting since April.got a not straightforward email in July. My husband got a call from HO about his work .since then we are waiting .got the 31st October email too but nothing happened. Don't know what to do. Haven't met my husband since March. God knows what they are doing with our application
Where did your papers go?

Apparently everything is stuck and only god knows why?

My papers are in Bogota, and although I was told a decision has been made on October, 23rd. It has not been posted yet.
Old Nov 9th 2017, 5:19 pm
Just Joined

1dmanu is an unknown quantity at this point

My papers sent to sheffield. I got them back within a month after submitting my application.
Old Nov 10th 2017, 12:51 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mystikal2k2a
Congratulations and all the best for the future.
Thanks, best wishes you too.
Old Nov 10th 2017, 12:52 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mannuatif
Congratulations and goodluck. good to know that it ended on a positive note for you after such a long wait
Thanks.
Old Nov 10th 2017, 7:38 am
Forum Regular

mystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond repute

My wife received an email last Friday (3rd Nov) from the decision making center which stated -

Thank you for your enquiry.
The application is in the final processing stages and a decision will be made soon.

Can I treat this as an indication that a decision is actually going to be made in the very near future (days/1-2 weeks)?
Old Nov 10th 2017, 8:48 am
Forum Regular

JimmyBlue76 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by j4v3d
I don't think they've lost it. Probably just stuck in that never ending pile of applications. Can they not send the army in and get them to help process them!

This waiting game is excruciating.
Got a response from my MP - they won't tell him why the application is not straightforward either. They said it is with an ECO awaiting a decision. Of course, they also told us that in June. And every month since then.

They seem to give us one of a couple of variations of the exact same non-answer. We never get any new information, and still have no idea what is going on. We even got yet another email from Sitel yesterday saying they aim to complete 100% of applications within 24 weeks:

131 days, week 26.

Old Nov 10th 2017, 9:10 am
Forum Regular

tempestadesm is an unknown quantity at this point

My wife received an email last Friday (3rd Nov) from the decision making center which stated -

The application is in the final processing stages and a decision will be made soon.

Can I treat this as an indication that a decision is actually going to be made in the very near future (days/1-2 weeks)?
Sadly not, nobody knows.

I was told a decision had been made on October, 23rd and my papers haven't been posted yet.

Depressing.
Old Nov 10th 2017, 9:14 am
Just Joined

Robbo sorehead is an unknown quantity at this point

Application send start of July 17 non priortity
Email in sept 17 processing of application not straightforward
Email end Sept stating decision possibly by 31 October
Email yesterday saying processing not straightforward and no timescale.
Past 18 weeks.
Application from Cuba
No answer to questions asking why it's not straightforward. Confirmed they are not looking for further clarification or documents from us.

Hang in there
Old Nov 10th 2017, 9:44 am
BE Enthusiast

j4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond repute

It's a matter of sitting and waiting now. No one knows when it will be decided other than the ECO.

Originally Posted by JimmyBlue76
Got a response from my MP - they won't tell him why the application is not straightforward either. They said it is with an ECO awaiting a decision. Of course, they also told us that in June. And every month since then.

They seem to give us one of a couple of variations of the exact same non-answer. We never get any new information, and still have no idea what is going on. We even got yet another email from Sitel yesterday saying they aim to complete 100% of applications within 24 weeks:

131 days, week 26.

Absurd. Absolute shambles. I hope this nightmare comes to and end for you sooner rather than later.
Old Nov 10th 2017, 11:02 am
Forum Regular

garyede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud of

It has now been 2 weeks since my wife and daughter joined me in the UK. They arrived in Manchester on 25 October (having endured 2 long flights via Oman) My wife was asked at least 10 questions at Manchester airport.
Roughly something like this, what is your name, what is your husbands name, Do you receive support from your husband, is your husband British, Where did you meet, where is your husband now.What is your husbands address in the UK.Nothing complicated. We picked up the BRP.s from our nominated post office the next day. You must take your visa letter and passport, They also asked for some ID from me i provided my driving license. I don't want to stray of topic too much but when we registered my spouse and doctor with my GP they had to complete some forms which needed their IHS numbers. This caused some confusion as my daughters IHS number only had 9 digits. I had to pay the NHS fee late because of problems with the Home Office computer system. Anyhow i sent 3 emails to the IHS section in Sheffield to confirm the 9 digit number and they ignored the lot. Some things don't change! I forgot to say that when you receive your BRP it has the
date of entry to the UK and the end date which is 33 months from date of entry. Hope i have not strayed of topic too much!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.