Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Nov 7th 2017, 11:28 am
Just Joined

Bola A is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Originally Posted by PaManjang
Congratulations Bola.
How long has it taken from when you found out a decision has been made to when tls contacted to say passport ready for collection?
I've had confusing messages, all from last week. Phoned UKVI 01/11/17 and was told decision made, wife contacted MP who phoned UKVI 03/11/17 and was told case worker approved and has gone to manager since 27/10/17.
Phoned tls contact for my passport today and was told file is still with dmc(decision making centre in UK) 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️
I found out the decision had been made on the 27th ( i called UKVI), that the decision was made on the 24th. Then i called TLS on the 31st when i didnt receive a mail from them. The person i spoke to informed me there was an error in their system, and it would be fixed by friday (PS passport had already gotten to them). Come Friday i got both decision made email, and passport return email in a span of 30 mins. I think you should call UKVI again, as it seems the issue is at their end.
Old Nov 8th 2017, 11:49 am
Forum Regular

PaManjang is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bola A
I found out the decision had been made on the 27th ( i called UKVI), that the decision was made on the 24th. Then i called TLS on the 31st when i didnt receive a mail from them. The person i spoke to informed me there was an error in their system, and it would be fixed by friday (PS passport had already gotten to them). Come Friday i got both decision made email, and passport return email in a span of 30 mins. I think you should call UKVI again, as it seems the issue is at their end.
Ok, was thinking it'll take longer for passport to arrive but it seems in my case it won't be too long.
I've got decision made emails from both UKVI & Tls, so just waiting for passport collection email. Nervous wait though I must say.
Thanks.
Old Nov 8th 2017, 2:48 pm
Forum Regular

tempestadesm is an unknown quantity at this point

Would anyone please tell me: from the day you get your passport and visa, what is the period that you have to go back to U.K.?
Old Nov 8th 2017, 3:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

j4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PaManjang
Ok, was thinking it'll take longer for passport to arrive but it seems in my case it won't be too long.
I've got decision made emails from both UKVI & Tls, so just waiting for passport collection email. Nervous wait though I must say.
Thanks.
Good luck!
Old Nov 8th 2017, 5:29 pm
Just Joined

Mannuatif is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tempestadesm
Would anyone please tell me: from the day you get your passport and visa, what is the period that you have to go back to U.K.?
It gives you a timescale usually around 28 days for you to travel within that time
Old Nov 8th 2017, 10:00 pm
Forum Regular

PaManjang is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by j4v3d
Good luck!
Thanks.
Old Nov 9th 2017, 5:40 am
Just Joined

press1977 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Does anyone receive decisions applied on July non priority? I didn't see any post here someone receive visa applied from July non priority. Please update if anyone received decisions applied on July non priority.
Old Nov 9th 2017, 6:32 am
BE Enthusiast

j4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond repute

Slowly approaching the 50 business day mark non priority, just round the corner.

The end of this month will be the 60 business day mark where around 67% Pakistan applications have a decision made.
Old Nov 9th 2017, 8:28 am
Forum Regular

JimmyBlue76 is an unknown quantity at this point

Slowly approaching the 50 business day mark non priority, just round the corner.

The end of this month will be the 60 business day mark where around 67% Pakistan applications have a decision made.
Today is day 130 for us. Sitel says our application hasn't been updated since July.
Old Nov 9th 2017, 9:46 am
Forum Regular

Thanis90 is an unknown quantity at this point

As I'm new here, can anyone explain why different countries have different processing times? Seen as they are all being processed in Sheffield anyway. It doesn't make any sense to me...
Old Nov 9th 2017, 9:52 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Thanis90
As I'm new here, can anyone explain why different countries have different processing times? Seen as they are all being processed in Sheffield anyway. It doesn't make any sense to me...
Some countries are considered more high risk of forged documents etc than others, also there are countries where peoples names are more likely to match ones on the watch lists.
Old Nov 9th 2017, 10:07 am
Forum Regular

Thanis90 is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh, it's unfortunate that we live in a world where people feel the need to terrorise others and forge documents.

Because it's the rest of us that are affected the most...*Sigh*.
Old Nov 9th 2017, 10:57 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, it's unfortunate that we live in a world where people feel the need to terrorise others and forge documents.
You'd be amazed at the amount of forged documents out there. On a daily basis, us mods have to get rid of threads advertising fake IELTS certs, marriage certificates, birth certificates, passports etc. They're so easy to find on the internet these days, luckily most governments are wise to them, but it just takes longer to make sure documents are genuine sadly.
Old Nov 9th 2017, 1:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JimmyBlue76
Today is day 130 for us. Sitel says our application hasn't been updated since July.
Yikes, 130 days for you. Seems like the application is stuck in a pile, hopefully you hear back this month. It's ridiculous how they drag it all out & cause nothing but grief to the applicants/sponsors.

Because it's the rest of us that are affected the most...*Sigh*.
Criminals are criminals - they don't care about anyone else other than making money and satisfying their needs. Unfortunately we are the ones that have to suffer. Not surprised that Sheffield take longer on applications due to other people's crimes.
Old Nov 9th 2017, 2:18 pm
Forum Regular

JimmyBlue76 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yikes, 130 days for you. Seems like the application is stuck in a pile, hopefully you hear back this month. It's ridiculous how they drag it all out & cause nothing but grief to the applicants/sponsors.
We escalated and asked again why our case was considered not straightforward and they gave another none answer today "We have previously advised you your application is not straightforward, we continue to work on it, no timeline."

1. Didn't answer the question, we asked why and they didn't say why.
2. If they continue to work on it why hasn't it been updated since July 26th?
3. How can they still not know? My guess is they have actually lost it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.