Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Nov 6th 2017, 7:58 am
Forum Regular

JimmyBlue76 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Originally Posted by mikelincs
I feel that the biggest problem over these visas was the time delay people were expecting, which was correct BEFORE Sheffield took over all the processing. People on here are expecting that quick service to have continued, but because of staffing problems it has slipped considerably. Many other countries have long visa processing times, but there are no threads about it on BE, it's onlt because the visa processing people failed to tell applicants that due to the changes in methods processing times would be very much increased, and maybe give a time of, say, 10 months. If that was the case this, and other threads like it would just not be needed, people getting visas in less than the stated time would be overjoyed and saying how good they were at Sheffield.
When I was working (NHS) we often had people ringing up to ask how long a test would take. I always told the staff to tell the enquirer a much longer time that the test actually took, so say it was a 30 min test, we told them 45 mins, then when they got the result in 390 mins they thought how good we were. It's always to do with perceptions of service.
Yes, it's out fault for expecting UKVI to stick to their own published standards - standards they still continue to claim they are meeting in their reports and on their website and in their correspondence with us and our MPs. How dare we?

60-120 days isn't even quick - my wife was originally granted IDLR back in 2000 in a matter of a couple of weeks, before we were even married.

But hey, as long as other countries take longer we should just stop moaning everyone. I really have never understood the need to excuse failings by saying "Well, other people are worse."

It's not the incompetence, lies and lack of consideration. It's us for having expectations.

EDIT: It occurs to me this response is very indicative of the problem I have found with the UK since returning - don't actually provide good service, lie about your worst service to make the bad service seem better by comparison.

Last edited by JimmyBlue76; Nov 6th 2017 at 8:00 am. Reason: Additional comment
Old Nov 6th 2017, 8:43 am
BE Enthusiast

j4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond repute

The staffing problems isn't our problem, i guess we've paid more than enough to ensure that our visa's are processed quickly, some people have been waiting over a year and that is not acceptable. Why should we bare the brunt of the bad organisation of the home office?
Old Nov 6th 2017, 9:14 am
Forum Regular

Blackpearl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by j4v3d
The staffing problems isn't our problem, i guess we've paid more than enough to ensure that our visa's are processed quickly, some people have been waiting over a year and that is not acceptable. Why should we bare the brunt of the bad organisation of the home office?
U r right javed.. and still we are the people bearing it past 8 months or so🙁.. these people are giving worst service and charging us bomb.. even emails, calls are expensive and we get no proper update in return... horrible people.. the least they can do is just accept that they are incompetent and cannot keep up to their standards .. so we can have a sigh of relief.. that its their problem and nothing wrong with our application..
Old Nov 6th 2017, 10:32 am
Forum Regular

Benjamin Kwartengsnr is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ampem
Hi Benjamin, i also applied in February and still waiting for a decision. In my case i got my passport back when the documents were being returned after the processing was put on hold. Are you in same situation as me?
Have you got a decision?
I sent my apple on 28th April and still waiting I haven't gotten a decision nor my passport
Old Nov 6th 2017, 2:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

j4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Benjamin Kwartengsnr
I sent my apple on 28th April and still waiting I haven't gotten a decision nor my passport
I guess that apple has become rotten now and disappeared in thin air.

On a serious note i hope you hear back this week!
Old Nov 6th 2017, 2:28 pm
Forum Regular

Benjamin Kwartengsnr is an unknown quantity at this point

I guess that apple has become rotten now and disappeared in thin air.

On a serious note i hope you hear back this week!
I hope so too
Old Nov 6th 2017, 3:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Good luck to everyone that is waiting, let's hope this is the week where we see a stream of decision made emails. Sheffield have had enough time now.
Old Nov 6th 2017, 4:49 pm
Forum Regular

Thanis90 is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh dear, I just came across this forum to look at real life experiences of the UK Spouse Visa processing times as my husband submitted his application at the end of October there, and this thread isn't inspiring much confidence!

Good luck to everyone still waiting!
Old Nov 6th 2017, 5:09 pm
Forum Regular

JimmyBlue76 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Thanis90
Oh dear, I just came across this forum to look at real life experiences of the UK Spouse Visa processing times as my husband submitted his application at the end of October there, and this thread isn't inspiring much confidence!

Good luck to everyone still waiting!
128 days so far, don't hold your breath.
Old Nov 6th 2017, 5:19 pm
Just Joined

Bola A is an unknown quantity at this point

Update with my application:
- TLSContact sent 2 emails on friday: 1) decision made, 2) Passport ready for pickup
- Picked up today, and i got the visa :-) its been a long 38 weeks, but glad it ended positively.

Everyone, keep the hope up
Old Nov 6th 2017, 5:27 pm
Forum Regular

Thanis90 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bola A
- TLSContact sent 2 emails on friday: 1) decision made, 2) Passport ready for pickup
- Picked up today, and i got the visa :-) its been a long 38 weeks, but glad it ended positively.

Awesome news! That wait must have been excruciating!
Old Nov 6th 2017, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

PaManjang is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations Bola.
How long has it taken from when you found out a decision has been made to when tls contacted to say passport ready for collection?
I've had confusing messages, all from last week. Phoned UKVI 01/11/17 and was told decision made, wife contacted MP who phoned UKVI 03/11/17 and was told case worker approved and has gone to manager since 27/10/17.
Phoned tls contact for my passport today and was told file is still with dmc(decision making centre in UK) 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️
Old Nov 6th 2017, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

tempestadesm is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck to everyone that is waiting, let's hope this is the week where we see a stream of decision made emails. Sheffield have had enough time now.
How the decision to where our visas processing goes is made?

Mine is in Bogota, it's my second application and the first also went to Bogota.
Needless to say, the bad quality of standards are the same.
I was told a decision was made on October, 23rd and they still didn't post it! 😱

Last edited by tempestadesm; Nov 6th 2017 at 9:23 pm. Reason: How de decision is made
Old Nov 7th 2017, 4:51 am
Just Joined

Crownjewel is an unknown quantity at this point

A big congratulations to you Bola!
Old Nov 7th 2017, 8:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Huge congratulations to you! So happy for you!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.