Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Nov 1st 2017, 12:40 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Originally Posted by j4v3d
So you do all the leg work, then when you have the requested documents for the Home Office they don't want to know. Christ! They really are a bunch of no good so and so's.
I don't think the HO requested the documents, the OP omitted to send them with the application.
Old Nov 1st 2017, 2:25 pm
Forum Regular

PaManjang is an unknown quantity at this point

Just thought I'd update.
Received nothing since the 31 October email.
Phoned int'l contact centre just now and lady said decision has been made and that I'll receive correspondence soon(could take 10 working days) when passport is ready to be collected from my application centre.
Hope it's a delaying tactic again as usual.
Old Nov 1st 2017, 3:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

j4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond repute

Been very quiet on here today. Hoping to see some granted visas on here this week!
Old Nov 1st 2017, 3:37 pm
Just Joined

Tabi85 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,
Thanks everyone who is sharing their experiences in this page.
After I got email on Monday that they can't give a decision of Visa yet. I am very worried. I am thinking to write them to ask for the status of my application or to write MP asking help. Do you think is good idea or is better to wait. My application is 113 working day today.
Old Nov 1st 2017, 3:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

j4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tabi85
Hi all,
Thanks everyone who is sharing their experiences in this page.
After I got email on Monday that they can't give a decision of Visa yet. I am very worried. I am thinking to write them to ask for the status of my application or to write MP asking help. Do you think is good idea or is better to wait. My application is 113 working day today.
I'd get the MP involved and get him/her to make enquiries on you're behalf.
Old Nov 1st 2017, 4:00 pm
Just Joined

Walker87 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PaManjang
Just thought I'd update.
Received nothing since the 31 October email.
Phoned int'l contact centre just now and lady said decision has been made and that I'll receive correspondence soon(could take 10 working days) when passport is ready to be collected from my application centre.
Hope it's a delaying tactic again as usual.
Same here as well
Old Nov 1st 2017, 4:12 pm
Just Joined

I'd get the MP involved and get him/her to make enquiries on you're behalf.
I will try maybe he will help me
Old Nov 1st 2017, 4:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

I will try maybe he will help me
All they can do is just keep calling Sheffield and try getting them to make progress with the application. Plus it won't cost you any further money.
Old Nov 1st 2017, 5:02 pm
Just Joined

All they can do is just keep calling Sheffield and try getting them to make progress with the application. Plus it won't cost you any further money.
I will try but I am confused because someone told me that is not better to push immigration.
I am really worried
Old Nov 1st 2017, 6:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by leemur
We sent in tax documents to prove my husband's financial status. The Home Office wanted pay slips from his work as well. Our local MP had been in contact with them for well over a month asking how he could pass on this extra evidence and they ignored his phone calls and emails. Finally, they emailed him back asking for the financial evidence but denied our application within hours of this email before we had a chance to send anything back. We were so shocked.
The ECO's are under no obligation to ask for additional documentation, especially if they feel that it would not make much difference to the outcome of the application.

Your sponsor did not provide payslips - an important and major element of any spouse application. Wonder if you provided bank statements.

You were rightly refused- getting your MP involved when you had not completed your application correctly was unreasonable to say the least.

In the newspaper story your husband was talking about how long appeals could take.

Do not appeal, just re-apply and provide all the documentation asked for.
Old Nov 1st 2017, 8:42 pm
Just Joined

Mannuatif is an unknown quantity at this point

I have suffred in exactly the same situation. I had to fly out straight after my misscarriage to see my husband because I needed nothing else than just having him by my side at that time. Its left me with depsression and stress of still managing 2 jobs at a time to meet the income requirement and there is still no assurity if he can join me anytime soon
Old Nov 1st 2017, 9:01 pm
Just Joined

leemur is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mannuatif
I have suffred in exactly the same situation. I had to fly out straight after my misscarriage to see my husband because I needed nothing else than just having him by my side at that time. Its left me with depsression and stress of still managing 2 jobs at a time to meet the income requirement and there is still no assurity if he can join me anytime soon

I am so, so sorry 😞. The sorrow is like nothing I could have ever imagined and to go through that without your spouse is even more heart breaking. The only reason we agreed to an interview about everything that happened, was because we knew there had to be other people in this situation too. I will be praying for you that you guys that you can be together very soon and that this will just be a distant bad memory.
Old Nov 2nd 2017, 2:01 am
Just Joined

worriedobv is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

We're new to the whole waiting thing, applied online Sept 22nd, received ECO email from Sheffield Oct 2nd. Got to say reading all these horror stories is pretty damn scary.

Question: Would any of you who have been waiting >12 weeks consider yourselves to have a "very straightforward" application, i.e. easily meeting all criteria? Also, does anyone know if how "straightforward" an application is even makes a difference or is it mostly just delays and lies no matter your situation?

Our situation...
Legally married > 1 year, provided proof
Been to together > 7 years, provided proof
Lived together when possible > 5 years, provided proof
No children or dependants
Applicant exempt from English requirement due to MSc degree done at UK university (why we met)
Applicant has had > 10 visitor UK visas (student/extension/multiple visit)
Sponsor is a born British National/Citizen
Sponsor salary exceeds finance requirements (>50%)
Sponsor is employed full-time (>6 months) in the UK by a recognized institute (a university in my case), payslips provided with signed employer confirmation
Both applicant/sponsor have university-level educations.

Basically, we had no idea about all these delays/backlogs and my wife also now has a dream job offer hanging by a thread pending hearing back from them soon.

I know you probably can't answer but hey, it's 2 am and I'm stressing out and felt like venting...
Old Nov 2nd 2017, 2:12 am
Just Joined

Orson Carte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by worriedobv
Hi all,
Question: Would any of you who have been waiting >12 weeks consider yourselves to have a "very straightforward" application, i.e. easily meeting all criteria? Also, does anyone know if how "straightforward" an application is even makes a difference or is it mostly just delays and lies no matter your situation?
We've been waiting 34 weeks and you couldn't have a more straightforward application than ours. "Not straightforward" is purely a euphemism for a huge backlog of applications for which the HO hasn't been staffed sufficiently to handle. They tell everyone that, including the MP that enquired on our behalf recently. But in recent weeks the number of approvals has increased and it appears inroads are being made into the backlog. We can only wait and hope ...
Old Nov 2nd 2017, 7:29 am
Forum Regular

Blackpearl is an unknown quantity at this point

I will try but I am confused because someone told me that is not better to push immigration.
I am really worried
There is nothing about pushing.. you have to atleast keep following up.. otherwise they will forget about it and the time will pass .. people have also waited for a year or so.. seems people who have applied not so long ago are getting their visas and the older ones are just kept on hold..ask the mp to follow up.. tgough the ho is not replying much but atleast we have to keep trying.. I am so so disappointed... and traumatised.. giving up🙁

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.