Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Oct 30th 2017, 12:20 pm
Forum Regular

JimmyBlue76 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Originally Posted by mikelincs
What they said was they would UPDATE YOU by 31st October, and that is what they have done, Sorry it's so frustrating but the time span is still a lot quicker than many other western countries.
No, on 25 September they said :

"We aim to make a decision on your application before 31 October. If for any reason we are unable to do so, we will write to you to update."

They did not say just that they would update by the 31st as you imply.
Old Oct 30th 2017, 12:22 pm
Just Joined

Paulakh is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mystikal2k2a
May I ask if anybody who received the blanket email today - there is UK sponsor is self employed?
i am self employed and got this email
Old Oct 30th 2017, 12:24 pm
Forum Regular

mystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paulakh
i am self employed and got this email
I am the UK sponsor for my wife and I am self employed.

It's just a hunch but I am guessing it's more work for them to review a self employed person's application and they are just being put aside for the moment
Old Oct 30th 2017, 12:25 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JimmyBlue76

"We aim to make a decision on your application before 31 October. If for any reason we are unable to do so, we will write to you to update."

But the second part of the sentence covers all the bases, it's PITA that they haven't been able to make a decision, but that problem is down to the current inept government, and it's those people that voted for Brexit and reduced immigration.
Old Oct 30th 2017, 12:29 pm
Forum Regular

But the second part of the sentence covers all the bases, it's PITA that they haven't been able to make a decision, but that problem is down to the current inept government, and it's those people that voted for Brexit and reduced immigration.
I agree and understand that - but the email today from UKVI implies that they only promised to update people, and that seemed to be what you were saying as well.

This is something that UKVI do from our experience so far (and let's face, governments in general) - they say one thing, but when they fail at that or it turns out not to be the case they imply that they never said what they did all along.
Old Oct 30th 2017, 12:29 pm
Just Joined

Tabi85 is an unknown quantity at this point

May I ask if anybody who received the blanket email today - there is UK sponsor is self employed?
Yes my sponsor (husband) is self employed.
Do you think this is reason that we are waiting for a long time for decision
Old Oct 30th 2017, 12:30 pm
Forum Regular

PaManjang is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JimmyBlue76

You're right JimmyBlue76, I was gonna point that out.
They said they aim to make a decision before the 31st October & if they're unable to, they'll write to update.
I haven't got the update yet, so hoping they'll send decision b4 end of the day.
Feeling for all those who received the non-sense email today.
Old Oct 30th 2017, 12:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

j4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Minho86
Hey guys my wife got a call that a decision has been made. Please pray that her visa gets approved. It’s 111days today. But they will post her passport etc to her. So we will know next day. Need everyone’s support
Fingers crossed you get the visa!

Originally Posted by Nneky360
Hi guys
So excited just recieved am email from TLS informed me that a decision has been made so happy
Good luck.
Old Oct 30th 2017, 12:56 pm
Forum Regular

hullmonkey is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Minho86
Thanks buddy 🙏 question did they give you a letter saying it’s granted alongside the passport? I’m just confused and so worried and nervous
Yes we received a letter as well as the vignette in the passport.
Old Oct 30th 2017, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

Blackpearl is an unknown quantity at this point

Got the same email as everyone else.. unable to make the decision... seriously... it was such a heart break.. they can never imagine the trauma v r goin through.. especially people who are waiting past 6 months..
In the earlier mail there was atpeast some date like 31 Oct.. and now there is nothing.. until when should we keep waiting? 🙁
I am thinking of wasting my money and contacting their customer service .. whats say ? May be whoever of us has got this email we all could barge them with the status update email.. I doubt if that would even help.. these people don’t seem to care about the emotions.. all they have is a big fat sorry.. a sorry and they are done.. am so so so sad..
Old Oct 30th 2017, 1:08 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

I have to disagree with that, Mike. The delay in processing visas is down to the processing of settlement visas being brought on-shore without adequate numbers of trained staff to process them, and also the Court ruling.
Absolutely nothing to do with the people who voted for or against Brexit.
Old Oct 30th 2017, 1:09 pm
Forum Regular

mystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tabi85
Yes my sponsor (husband) is self employed.
Do you think this is reason that we are waiting for a long time for decision
I am trying to jump on the back of the momentum to ask the question in order to establish a pattern of why we and who is waiting.

If anybody else who has received the same email today can confirm whether or not their UK sponsor is self employed that would help bring some sense to this wait.
Old Oct 30th 2017, 1:19 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
I have to disagree with that, Mike. The delay in processing visas is down to the processing of settlement visas being brought on-shore without adequate numbers of trained staff to process them, and also the Court ruling.
Absolutely nothing to do with the people who voted for or against Brexit.
I agree with your analysis.

I don't believe the current delays were news on social media, news outlets or known by immigration advisors last year or previous years.

The current government pledged in their election manifesto to reduce net migration in 2010 (which they have failed on keeping year on year may I add). So this isn't old news and the latest general election this year has a mandate of 5 years and I can guess Brexit is it at the heart of it rather a 'few spouse' visas.

Second, Brexit has no corresponding relation to the assessment of spouse visas. Brexit is currently being delayed by the so a called UK divorce bill settlement and guarantees over the rights of existing settled Europeans within the UK prior to trade negotiations beginning.

Hence, the assessment and rules that will be used to allow existing Europeans to remain post Brexit have not even been designed or decided yet.
Old Oct 30th 2017, 1:35 pm
Forum Regular

PaManjang is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree with your analysis.

I don't believe the current delays were news on social media, news outlets or known by immigration advisors last year or previous years.

The current government pledged in their election manifesto to reduce net migration in 2010 (which they have failed on keeping year on year may I add). So this isn't old news and the latest general election this year has a mandate of 5 years and I can guess Brexit is it at the heart of it rather a 'few spouse' visas.

Second, Brexit has no corresponding relation to the assessment of spouse visas. Brexit is currently being delayed by the so a called UK divorce bill settlement and guarantees over the rights of existing settled Europeans within the UK prior to trade negotiations beginning.

Hence, the assessment and rules that will be used to allow existing Europeans to remain post Brexit have not even been designed or decided yet.
Has there not been an increase in settlement applications from existing EU residents in the UK as a result of Brexit? If yes, Could this also not contribute to the delays?
Old Oct 30th 2017, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

I am trying to jump on the back of the momentum to ask the question in order to establish a pattern of why we and who is waiting.

If anybody else who has received the same email today can confirm whether or not their UK sponsor is self employed that would help bring some sense to this wait.
I'm the sponsor and I am not self employed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.