Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Oct 24th 2017, 4:57 pm
Forum Regular

cdfergus is on a distinguished road
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Originally Posted by KingsinOz
Has anyone else been told by email response from the helpdesk that a decision has been made and it may take a few days whilst passport etc is sent back? If so does anyone know how long it takes for VFS to get in contact? I'm getting even more impatient.
Yes, my decision was made Oct 17th, they tell me it will take 10 business days to receive documents by courier. So still waiting....
Old Oct 24th 2017, 5:34 pm
Just Joined

Crownjewel is an unknown quantity at this point

Pls is it true that if you've missed out a document that HO would always get in touch with the applicant to provide it? I have a document I need to send to fulfill the English requirement, and a customer service person has told my hubby that we can't send any document unless we are requested to. I just don't want them to make a decision without this apparently very important document.
Old Oct 24th 2017, 7:02 pm
Forum Regular

gaja00 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Crownjewel
Pls is it true that if you've missed out a document that HO would always get in touch with the applicant to provide it? I have a document I need to send to fulfill the English requirement, and a customer service person has told my hubby that we can't send any document unless we are requested to. I just don't want them to make a decision without this apparently very important document.
I think it really depends on whether you get lucky and have a caseworker on your application that is lenient. Quite a few people on these forums say they were rejected because they didn't send documentation that is part of a mandatory requirement so probably not worth taking the risk. mystical2k2a kindly suggested the below approach if it helps.

Originally Posted by mystikal2k2a
Can I suggest a direct and assured route if you wanted to send further documentation?

Contact your local MP who has account manager assigned at UKVI and let the MP send it on your behalf.

It's less formal and someone will use their head at the other end hopefully to include it as part of the application.

You can email them but their typical responses are not something that will give you confidence the task is trusted in their possession.
Old Oct 25th 2017, 3:19 am
Just Joined

Crownjewel is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gaja00
I think it really depends on whether you get lucky and have a caseworker on your application that is lenient. Quite a few people on these forums say they were rejected because they didn't send documentation that is part of a mandatory requirement so probably not worth taking the risk. mystical2k2a kindly suggested the below approach if it helps.
Thank you very much...I truly appreciate your help.
Old Oct 25th 2017, 6:24 am
Forum Regular

KingsinOz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by simonnz
My passport come back in 24 hours after it was decided, they sent me a text and rung me
Got the call this afternoon. Travelling down to Sydney to collect it tomorrow and assuming all approved etc we're looking to fly out on Tuesday. Fingers crossed the saga is over. 95 working days in total....
Old Oct 25th 2017, 7:39 am
Just Joined

Faisal93 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by j4v3d
I hope i don't get it either, but those that have not got it have been waiting longer than 60+ days. Hoping i hear back next month. Don't want to be going anywhere near the 3 months mark. 34BD today.

I hope so.

How long have you been waiting for and where are you applying from?

It can take anywhere from 2-3 days to more than a week - not everyone gets the passport back quickly. Just hope that isn't the case for you.
I applied from Pakistan and been waiting 125 working days.

How long you been waiting?

Does anyone know on average how long non priority are taking?
Old Oct 25th 2017, 7:55 am
Just Joined

Bola A is an unknown quantity at this point

Day 255 for me. My supporting documents just got returned to my husband's address, but yet to receive any email or call. Is this a good sign?
Old Oct 25th 2017, 8:01 am
Just Joined

Faisal93 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bola A
Day 255 for me. My supporting documents just got returned to my husband's address, but yet to receive any email or call. Is this a good sign?
Fingers crossed it shall be positive. You will get email confirming decision has been made.What country did you apply from and was it non priority?
Old Oct 25th 2017, 8:21 am
Forum Regular

MA17 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by poliphilus
Day 126.

5:20pm in Sheffield. Enjoy your fish-finger sandwiches and weak warm beer, jerks.
128 days lets hope today we hear back nshAllah
Old Oct 25th 2017, 8:42 am
Just Joined

Bola A is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Faisal93
Fingers crossed it shall be positive. You will get email confirming decision has been made.What country did you apply from and was it non priority?
Fingers and toes crossed :-). Applied from Nigeria, and it was non priority.
Old Oct 25th 2017, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: Sheffield Settlement Visa +90 Day Delays

Originally Posted by j4v3d
You need to take a step back and concentrate on you're health and not do anything silly. No one wants to see anyone mentioning suicide or having suicidal thoughts.
My husband has no house no money i am feeling guilty. He is staying with friend and unable to start a new job contract stuck waiting doing nothing apart from waiting.
Old Oct 25th 2017, 9:17 am
Forum Regular

Nneky360 is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=Bola A;12368084]Fingers and toes crossed :-). Applied from Nigeria, and it was non priority.[/QUOTE
Its ur turn now thank Goodness its positive already
Old Oct 25th 2017, 9:20 am
Just Joined

AkilahDN is an unknown quantity at this point

Just received an email from the Visa Application Center that a decision has been made, so now I have to wait for delivery to see what the result is... 111 business days since biometrics. Fingers crossed for the world's fastest courier service and a positive outcome.
Old Oct 25th 2017, 9:47 am
Forum Regular

PaManjang is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MA17
My husband has no house no money i am feeling guilty. He is staying with friend and unable to start a new job contract stuck waiting doing nothing apart from waiting.
Similar situation in here too. Being away from my other half & No job for over 6months, career & education on hold, end up spending money that I don't have.
although luckily I'm staying at a family member's house, Feel like I've been tricked to come here & made to wait forever.
So the struggle is real but we gotta stay strong & not give up as that's what the home office wants.
Bless!

Last edited by PaManjang; Oct 25th 2017 at 9:54 am.
Old Oct 25th 2017, 10:07 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by AkilahDN
Just received an email from the Visa Application Center that a decision has been made, so now I have to wait for delivery to see what the result is... 111 business days since biometrics. Fingers crossed for the world's fastest courier service and a positive outcome.
Congrats you will be approved nshAllah i have positive feeling for you xx we need all of 100 + visas today!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.