Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Oct 23rd 2017, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

MA17 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sheffield Settlement Visa +90 Day Delays

Originally Posted by ryongsong
Cheers. I'm sure your wait will be over soon.
Congrats for all who received their visa. I have feeling this week will be full of positive news i hope that all april/ may applicants are getting their visa before the end of this week.
Old Oct 23rd 2017, 10:14 am
Just Joined

Walker87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Originally Posted by press1977
Hi

It's a new week hope everyone will get their decisions and happy news. Does anyone here from Sri Lanka waiting more than 75 working days without any reply from HO. Hopefully this week will hear good news. Good luck for everyone waiting for their decisions.
114 working days from srilanka
Old Oct 23rd 2017, 10:45 am
Just Joined

press1977 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Walker87
114 working days from srilanka
Omg seriously I thought they are starting to issuing visas soon. I thought I will hear something from HO this week. So didn't you receive anything from HO? Even that 31st October mail. I didn't hear anything from HO. Didn't you call or email them asking the status of your application? Hopefully you will hear good news from this week. We all are waiting for our visas so long. Wishing you good luck.
Old Oct 23rd 2017, 11:03 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by press1977
Omg seriously I thought they are starting to issuing visas soon. I thought I will hear something from HO this week. So didn't you receive anything from HO? Even that 31st October mail. I didn't hear anything from HO. Didn't you call or email them asking the status of your application? Hopefully you will hear good news from this week. We all are waiting for our visas so long. Wishing you good luck.
Drama here 26th weeks i am falling apart been sick for a week with stomach ache from stress and thinking of this situation
Old Oct 23rd 2017, 11:36 am
BE Enthusiast

j4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond repute

Tick tock Sheffield - best be working hard and getting those visa's shipped out!!!
Old Oct 23rd 2017, 11:58 am
BE Enthusiast

j4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MA17
Congrats for all who received their visa. I have feeling this week will be full of positive news i hope that all april/ may applicants are getting their visa before the end of this week.
Fingers crossed
Old Oct 23rd 2017, 12:08 pm
Forum Regular

PaManjang is an unknown quantity at this point

Spouse visa application submitted 19th April 2017.
Received in Sheffield- 21/04/17
Received email on 59th working day stating that my application isn't straightforward and won't be decided within the target 60 working days.
Wife wrote to local MP on 19th July 2017 and she replied saying she spoke to UKVI and they said they have an upper limit of 6 months to complete applications including mine and that this was made clear to me at the time of my application.
Received the 31st October email.
131 working days(6months), no decision still.
Old Oct 23rd 2017, 12:27 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by PaManjang
Spouse visa application submitted 19th April 2017.
Received in Sheffield- 21/04/17
Received email on 59th working day stating that my application isn't straightforward and won't be decided within the target 60 working days.
Wife wrote to local MP on 19th July 2017 and she replied saying she spoke to UKVI and they said they have an upper limit of 6 months to complete applications including mine and that this was made clear to me at the time of my application.
Received the 31st October email.
131 working days(6months), no decision still.
I think they lost all of April applicant's documents or something weird is going on...
Old Oct 23rd 2017, 12:32 pm
Just Joined

Ampem is an unknown quantity at this point

Applying from Ghana

Biometric- 7th February 2017

Confirmation email that application received: 9th Feb

Application not straightforward email - 27th February

Application on hold e-mail as a result of mm judgement - 2nd March

Passport and Documents returned - 4th Narch

Aim to make a decision on application email by 31 Oct - 25th September
Old Oct 23rd 2017, 12:39 pm
Just Joined

Ampem is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PinkDia
Sharing timeline. I hope this helps someone
Applying from: Bangkok
Biometric date: 28th April
Receipt from Sheffield: 5th May 2017
No contact for 12 weeks then not straightforward email and asked for documents within 7 days: 24th July

Documents sent: 26th July

No news whatsoever for several weeks. Phoned call centre hundreds of times, escalated 5-6 times (useless), contacted MP MANY timed. My husband had a meeting with MP too. He didn't give up.
Got another not straightforward email end of August (since we demanded an answer from call centre/ or from MP enquiring, I think?)

Received email that they will aim to do it before 31st October (even though 24 weeks is 13th October). This was a blanket email to many on 25th September.

Received phone call from Bangkok embassy asking for the same documents that Sheffield had asked for: 3rd October
(Resent to them right away)

Another call from embassy asking new travel intention date: 4th October

Got Decision made email (from VFS not Sheffield): 4th October
*not recognised shows on the tracking page & appears inactive for months now

Received visa by post: 6th October
VISA GRANTED!

Total 22+ weeks till decision was made. 23 weeks exactly till I got my passport back

I have to say, keep calling your MP to follow up. I think that makes a difference. Also trust in the Lord. It will come!

I remember reading others' positive news and wondering if my turn will ever come.
It has been a very stressful time - thank you everybody for your support on these forums. I hope my experience will help give someone hope too.
Congrats. I also applied in February and got an email saying a pause on decision making. Received same blanket email on 25th September that they will aim to do it before 31st October.

Still waiting
Old Oct 23rd 2017, 12:46 pm
Forum Regular

mystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond repute

Is everybody on this thread non-priority, has received the 'non-straightforward email' and has also received the 31st of October email?
Old Oct 23rd 2017, 1:17 pm
Forum Regular

PaManjang is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MA17
I think they lost all of April applicant's documents or something weird is going on...
"They don't care about us"
Old Oct 23rd 2017, 2:16 pm
Forum Regular

Am141 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mystikal2k2a
Is everybody on this thread non-priority, has received the 'non-straightforward email' and has also received the 31st of October email?
All the above apply to me
Old Oct 23rd 2017, 2:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

33BD for me - when do you normally get the not straightforward email? On the 60th day?
Old Oct 23rd 2017, 3:09 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by PaManjang
"They don't care about us"
I wonder why...we pay them lots of money to show a bit of a care lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.