Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Oct 20th 2017, 2:06 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Originally Posted by mystikal2k2a
Please note what I said - "Further, I think it's both a case of bad luck and particulars related to the application itself that are not self evident because of the lack of communication and transparency provided by UKVI"

I sympathize with everybody on this thread regardless the length of time they have been waiting. Me and wife are i the same position having now waited 6 months.

Heightened emotions and tensions will not result in a decision though and thinking objectively will only be the source of finding a solution to extract a result from them
I have a lot of respect for you, you have such a clear and sensible approach to all this despite your very long wait for a decision. I hope you get your visa approved, and very soon.
Old Oct 20th 2017, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

mystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
I have a lot of respect for you, you have such a clear and sensible approach to all this despite your very long wait for a decision. I hope you get your visa approved, and very soon.
Thank you for your sentiments but I wish everybody the same success so that they can be with their loved ones once again.

You may not all realize this right now, but this struggle will make you bond with your partner more. As, when you come out of the other side your relationships will be tested through many more varied obstacles and challenges that life can throw at you.

The experience will embolden you to deal with the new challenges ahead with your partners.
Old Oct 20th 2017, 3:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

j4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gaja00
When I sent the documentation to Sheffield, I didn't send anything in the way of phone communications between us as this has been primarily via WhatsApp and FaceTime videos. Obviously FaceTime doesn't provide call history records and, because of our being together for a while and chatting every single day, we have several hundred pages of WhatsApp messages. I figured this would be too much to send so left it out of my wife's application as I already included evidence of us visiting each other with photos in different locations. I even provided bookings for flights that we took together from the UK to Washington DC on holiday. But after I read a post on another forum from someone that said their application was rejected due to not sending evidence of communications, I thought it might be worth sending all (or at least a subset) of our WhatsApp messages to avoid the risk of getting rejected for the same reason.

I agree with you though, with people's files getting misplaced all the time, it's probably best to see if they request this information first. Thanks.
You really should have sent all the communication evidence for peace and mind and to strengthen the case. Fingers crossed all works for you. I don't know where people stand in terms of sending in further documentation to Sheffield and whether they would accept this or not.
Old Oct 20th 2017, 3:56 pm
Forum Regular

mystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by j4v3d
You really should have sent all the communication evidence for peace and mind and to strengthen the case. Fingers crossed all works for you. I don't know where people stand in terms of sending in further documentation to Sheffield and whether they would accept this or not.
Can I suggest a direct and assured route if you wanted to send further documentation?

Contact your local MP who has account manager assigned at UKVI and let the MP send it on your behalf.

It's less formal and someone will use their head at the other end hopefully to include it as part of the application.

You can email them but their typical responses are not something that will give you confidence the task is trusted in their possession.
Old Oct 20th 2017, 4:09 pm
Forum Regular

cdfergus is on a distinguished road

Good Morning!

Yesterday I received this email in response to an email inquiry I made:

With regards to your enquiry about the status of your application, I can confirm that we have made a decision on your application. We cannot discuss the outcome of your application on-line or by telephone. If you have requested a courier service, you can track the location of your travel document on line. If you have opted to collect your decision from a VAC team they will notify you that your documents are ready for collection.

I paid for the courier service but as yet UPS says it has not been mailed. Has anyone had this same email? Is it genuine or are they trying to fob me off? If genuine, how long are people waiting before they receive everything back?

TIA
Old Oct 20th 2017, 4:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by cdfergus
Good Morning!

Yesterday I received this email in response to an email inquiry I made:

With regards to your enquiry about the status of your application, I can confirm that we have made a decision on your application. We cannot discuss the outcome of your application on-line or by telephone. If you have requested a courier service, you can track the location of your travel document on line. If you have opted to collect your decision from a VAC team they will notify you that your documents are ready for collection.

I paid for the courier service but as yet UPS says it has not been mailed. Has anyone had this same email? Is it genuine or are they trying to fob me off? If genuine, how long are people waiting before they receive everything back?

TIA

Congratulations!

I hope there is flood of decisions before the 31st of October for many others.
Old Oct 20th 2017, 4:17 pm
Just Joined

Fahad Net is an unknown quantity at this point

Spouse settlement visa:
VFS Global : Abu Dhabi , UAE
Type: non-priority
Online application: Aug 09,2017
Biometrics Application : Aug 14,2017
Sms & email that it has been forwarded to UKVI :Aug 14,2017
Not straightforward email : October 15, 2017

Awaiting decision email with good news
Old Oct 20th 2017, 4:21 pm
Forum Regular

cdfergus is on a distinguished road

Congratulations!

I hope there is flood of decisions before the 31st of October for many others.
I hesitate being excited about this as I am unable to track the package, meaning they have not shipped it yet. And who knows how long ago the decision was made?
Old Oct 20th 2017, 4:33 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by cdfergus
I hesitate being excited about this as I am unable to track the package, meaning they have not shipped it yet. And who knows how long ago the decision was made?
Hesitating being excited is the best place to be.

Your decision is made, your wait is over and you have overcome the biggest obstacle.

I wish you the best and hope you receive good news to make your future with your partner waiting for you in the UK
Old Oct 20th 2017, 4:45 pm
Just Joined

Fahad Net is an unknown quantity at this point

I will add I am frustrated after 125 working days still waiting for my wife to receive her spouse visa application decision but I understand the problem at the moment.

We are all in the same boat, we have limited options because the Home Office have designed their own rules (almost).

There are options however limited they maybe, so lets canvas opinion here and focus on what can we do as a collective, suggestions?
I agree with you, let's brain storming !!!
Old Oct 20th 2017, 4:59 pm
Just Joined

Traceben is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by j4v3d
Congratulations
Thankyou 😀
Old Oct 20th 2017, 7:34 pm
Forum Regular

Benjamin Kwartengsnr is an unknown quantity at this point

31 is approaching still no new news
Old Oct 20th 2017, 8:30 pm
Forum Regular

Nneky360 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Benjamin Kwartengsnr
31 is approaching still no new news
Good news will surly come let's all be hopeful and not loose hope
Old Oct 20th 2017, 8:54 pm
Just Joined

AkilahDN is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sheffield Settlement Visa +90 Day Delays

Hello,

Just checking in here as I am officially at 108 working days... Here's my rundown:

Date of Biometrics: May 22
Location of Biometrics: Madrid, Spain
Date of email receipt from Sheffield: May 23
Location Constituency of your sponsors MP: NE Derbyshire, Mr. Lee Rowley

Got all the same generic emails as everyone else here- "Not straightforward" on Day 60, "Expect to have a result by Oct 31" on Sept. 25. Hoping to hear something this next week, but after all this time has passed, my hope is running thin. MP has been following up with them, and he has escalated it a few times, but he doesn't get much farther since I am still waiting. Glad to see that others have started seeing results in the past few weeks. Trying to keep my chin up.

Akilah
Old Oct 21st 2017, 2:16 pm
Just Joined

Irin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sheffield Settlement Visa +90 Day Delays

Hi All!

I've got an email from HO that decision has been made on 1st October, but until now i still didn't receive my passport back!!! I also didn't receive "Decision made" email from visa centre (TLScontact) and on their website there is no update.
Ive contacted UKVI regarding this issue, but they said that its up to 10 working days for them to send passport, on day#11 they escalated the case and still nothing.

Has somebody experienced the same? Does it really take for UKVI more than 3 weeks to send a passport?

*there is no emails in spam/junk folder and TLScontact said last week that passport is still with UKVI

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.