Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Oct 19th 2017, 5:06 pm
Just Joined

SamBen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

I really don`t believe what your saying and trying to defending first the cost of processing applications was said to be over £200 by comity of MP yet the government may is charging us over £1300 not just that they not fulfilling their obligation to serve us on time there is no law where is the ombudsman are`t we citizens of this country is tough on immigration means stopping someone bringing his wife to live with ! is this how you stop immigration and for the lie they said is to stop the spouse claiming benefits you can`t claim with the visa anyway this government is doing the same what`s is doing to the disable and the people that rely on benefit , SHAME on this government !
Old Oct 19th 2017, 6:07 pm
Just Joined

Robbo8974 is an unknown quantity at this point

Couldn't agree more
Old Oct 19th 2017, 6:35 pm
Just Joined

Traceben is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MA17
I hope it is a yes after this long
Visa collected today 115 days thank god finally I will be with my husband after 9 months thankyou everyone for your support
Old Oct 19th 2017, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

gaja00 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by j4v3d
If they request more documentation then they will get in touch, however you sending them in just like that will probably not make it to you're file. So i'd rather you waited and see if they requested more information. What additional documents are you wanting to send in?
When I sent the documentation to Sheffield, I didn't send anything in the way of phone communications between us as this has been primarily via WhatsApp and FaceTime videos. Obviously FaceTime doesn't provide call history records and, because of our being together for a while and chatting every single day, we have several hundred pages of WhatsApp messages. I figured this would be too much to send so left it out of my wife's application as I already included evidence of us visiting each other with photos in different locations. I even provided bookings for flights that we took together from the UK to Washington DC on holiday. But after I read a post on another forum from someone that said their application was rejected due to not sending evidence of communications, I thought it might be worth sending all (or at least a subset) of our WhatsApp messages to avoid the risk of getting rejected for the same reason.

I agree with you though, with people's files getting misplaced all the time, it's probably best to see if they request this information first. Thanks.
Old Oct 20th 2017, 12:16 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAsh
Stats from HMRC for the past 4 years:
HMRC figures also show that EU migrants more than pay their way. Those who arrived in Britain in the last four years paid £2.54bn more in income tax and national insurance than they received in tax credits or child benefit in 2013-14. The Office of Budget Responsibility has estimated that their labour contribution is helping to grow the economy by an additional 0.6% a year.
https://www.theguardian.com/politics...g-british-jobs

Look, I get it. I get that the Home Office has woefully fallen down on processing settlement visas, and have exacerbated this by trying to 'government speak' their way out of it instead of being truthful with people. I get that people are so mad that they feel like strangling someone - I have no doubt that I'd feel exactly the same had I not been fortunate enough to have my spouse visa processed before the current debacle.

All I'm saying is that bringing another group of immigrants into it and demonising them isn't going to help anyone or anything.

I wish everyone still waiting for their visas the very best of luck and I'm so sorry that some of you have been waiting so long, it's horrible
Old Oct 20th 2017, 12:54 am
Forum Regular

PaManjang is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mikelincs
I suspect it's not a laid back attitude, but the government being stricter on applying the rules, they do have a mandate from the British public to be tougher on immigration, and they do have to apply the rules to all types of immigration, it got a lot tougher when they introduced the new financial requirements, which was, I suspect, a very deliberate action but it does show, to the people who voted for it, a commitment to implementing the things that the British people voted for. Moving the centre for all applications to Sheffield also shows that they are trying to save money by closing the centres in embassies around the world, the fact that they totally failed to staff Sheffield for the increased work load is another failure of planning on the government side, just like happened with passport renewals. They will increase the trained staffing levels but it takes a few months for them to do this, meanwhile, unfortunately, you people suffer.
Failure to staff Sheffield correctly for the increased workload is deliberate and in line with the tories efforts to frustrate, slow & reduce net migration.
This is my take on the issue & sadly for the vulnerable poor applicants, this trend will continue as long as nasty tories remain in power.
Old Oct 20th 2017, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

mystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PaManjang
Failure to staff Sheffield correctly for the increased workload is deliberate and in line with the tories efforts to frustrate, slow & reduce net migration.
This is my take on the issue & sadly for the vulnerable poor applicants, this trend will continue as long as nasty tories remain in power.
You are making an assumption that if the Conservatives remain in power that the current output by the Home Office UKVI department will remain.

Lets all throw some perspective back into this debate and refrain from allowing our emotions be the director instead.

1. The Home Office UKVI department has being going through a transformation process to cut over heads by relying on overseas embassies, consulates and agencies. We have arrived at the point of their 'go-live' and they were never fully prepared. With being understaffed and not fully trained as the 2 exasperating problems of this cause.

2. The supreme court judicial review of the minimum required income of UK sponsor in relation to a spouse visa application put many applications on hold from March until August this year. After the 'hold' status on these applications was lifted, naturally this caused a stack of applications to process

3. Student visas were processed ahead of other visas due to their need to be in place for university term time

All these issues/delays are beginning to plateau so hopefully we should start returning to normal service expectation times.

What isn't known is why some people haven't receive a decision when they have been waiting since last year? I think these applications are in the few rather than the many. Further, I think it's both a case of bad luck and particulars related to the application itself that are not self evident because of the lack of communication and transparency provided by UKVI.
Old Oct 20th 2017, 9:42 am
Just Joined

Orson Carte is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you mystikal2k2a for a constructive contribution.
Old Oct 20th 2017, 9:45 am
BE Enthusiast

j4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Traceben
Visa collected today 115 days thank god finally I will be with my husband after 9 months thankyou everyone for your support
Congratulations
Old Oct 20th 2017, 9:46 am
Forum Regular

mystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Orson Carte
Thank you mystikal2k2a for a constructive contribution.
I will add I am frustrated after 125 working days still waiting for my wife to receive her spouse visa application decision but I understand the problem at the moment.

We are all in the same boat, we have limited options because the Home Office have designed their own rules (almost).

There are options however limited they maybe, so lets canvas opinion here and focus on what can we do as a collective, suggestions?
Old Oct 20th 2017, 10:09 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Would people on here please use the quote function to reply to posts, there are two on here, #2357 and #2358 which make little sense as no-one knows what they are commenting on, PLEASE USE QUOTES WHEN REPLYING TO SOMEONE.
Old Oct 20th 2017, 11:03 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JimmyBlue76
Yet another interesting article. This story is basically exactly the same as our own:

'Top Gun' Royal Navy pilot who took on Taliban while flying upside down still waiting to bring American wife home
Follow up to this, visa granted.. shows what a bit of national publicity can do, however doubt that there are too many people like him around.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/exclusive-...210000309.html
Old Oct 20th 2017, 11:31 am
Forum Regular

JimmyBlue76 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Follow up to this, visa granted.. shows what a bit of national publicity can do, however doubt that there are too many people like him around.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/exclusive-...210000309.html
Yeah I saw a follow up in the Guardian because they had written about the story as well. Amazing how suddenly there is no backlog or a lack of resources and how non-straightforward miraculously becomes straightforward when they are made to look bad in public.

From the Guardian piece I read on this their experience is almost identical to ours, right down to timing and being asked for documents they weren't aware they needed to send even though they had sent other documents showing the exact same information. It's our story almost exactly, only they paid for priority and we didn't and they have only been married for a few months where we are 17 years!

EDIT: The absolute most annoying thing is not getting any information on why this isn't straightforward. Is it something we did? Is it just an excuse? Is there genuinely a problem? Who knows, because they won't say.

Last edited by JimmyBlue76; Oct 20th 2017 at 11:33 am. Reason: Addition
Old Oct 20th 2017, 12:29 pm
Forum Regular

PaManjang is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mystikal2k2a
You are making an assumption that if the Conservatives remain in power that the current output by the Home Office UKVI department will remain.

Lets all throw some perspective back into this debate and refrain from allowing our emotions be the director instead.

1. The Home Office UKVI department has being going through a transformation process to cut over heads by relying on overseas embassies, consulates and agencies. We have arrived at the point of their 'go-live' and they were never fully prepared. With being understaffed and not fully trained as the 2 exasperating problems of this cause.

2. The supreme court judicial review of the minimum required income of UK sponsor in relation to a spouse visa application put many applications on hold from March until August this year. After the 'hold' status on these applications was lifted, naturally this caused a stack of applications to process

3. Student visas were processed ahead of other visas due to their need to be in place for university term time

All these issues/delays are beginning to plateau so hopefully we should start returning to normal service expectation times.

What isn't known is why some people haven't receive a decision when they have been waiting since last year? I think these applications are in the few rather than the many. Further, I think it's both a case of bad luck and particulars related to the application itself that are not self evident because of the lack of communication and transparency provided by UKVI.
A case of bad luck!? Where are your facts to back this claim?
I think people will make assumptions, just like the one you just made unless the home office communicates as to the reasons for the failure to properly staff Sheffield.
Old Oct 20th 2017, 12:53 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by PaManjang
A case of bad luck!? Where are your facts to back this claim?
I think people will make assumptions, just like the one you just made unless the home office communicates as to the reasons for the failure to properly staff Sheffield.
Please note what I said - "Further, I think it's both a case of bad luck and particulars related to the application itself that are not self evident because of the lack of communication and transparency provided by UKVI"

I sympathize with everybody on this thread regardless the length of time they have been waiting. Me and wife are i the same position having now waited 6 months.

Heightened emotions and tensions will not result in a decision though and thinking objectively will only be the source of finding a solution to extract a result from them

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.