Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Oct 12th 2017, 10:13 am
Forum Regular

Minho86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sheffield Settlement Visa +90 Day Delays

Originally Posted by ryongsong
Just got an email from the VAC saying the passport is ready to pickup. Yet more stress waiting to see the result! But at least an answer.
Hi mate
Did you get an email saying decision made?
Old Oct 12th 2017, 11:03 am
Forum Regular

ryongsong is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Minho86
Hi mate
Did you get an email saying decision made?
No, nothing from UKVI. I think MonsterP (also China) had the same thing.
Old Oct 12th 2017, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

Minho86 is an unknown quantity at this point

No, nothing from UKVI. I think MonsterP (also China) had the same thing.
Fingers crossed buddy! Let us know
Old Oct 12th 2017, 12:15 pm
Forum Regular

hullmonkey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Day 111. Visa picked up today from Bangkok. A very happy chappy!!
Old Oct 12th 2017, 12:47 pm
Forum Regular

mystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond repute

can i ask is anybody applying for a spouse visa via the self employed route?

my wife received an email today stating her application is on not straightforward on working day 119

I am wondering if it's because of my limited company and being a director.
Old Oct 12th 2017, 12:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

MonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mystikal2k2a
can i ask is anybody applying for a spouse visa via the self employed route?

my wife received an email today stating her application is on not straightforward on working day 119

I am wondering if it's because of my limited company and being a director.
You might want to read the following thread about someone's success on the self-employment category:-
http://britishexpats.com/forum/citiz...ection-853513/

Additionally, don't worry about the "not straightforward" email too much. In a way, it's a good sign, as it looks like someone's picked up your application from the pile. Many of us have found that this message is usually a justification for missing the 60 day target, and perhaps, keep the stats looking clean!

Hopefully, all being ok, you'll get yours processed in the next couple of weeks or so. Many applications are being farmed back to the origin Embassies, and a nice flow of applications are being processed.
Old Oct 12th 2017, 1:11 pm
Forum Regular

shielacity is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hullmonkey
Congratulations
Old Oct 12th 2017, 1:13 pm
Forum Regular

JAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hullmonkey
Yay! Congrats!
Old Oct 12th 2017, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

rvg1212 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just got an email from the VAC saying the passport is ready to pickup. Yet more stress waiting to see the result! But at least an answer.
Did u get 31st October email?
Old Oct 12th 2017, 2:00 pm
Forum Regular

Old Oct 12th 2017, 2:02 pm
Forum Regular

mystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MonsterP
You might want to read the following thread about someone's success on the self-employment category:-
http://britishexpats.com/forum/citiz...ection-853513/

Additionally, don't worry about the "not straightforward" email too much. In a way, it's a good sign, as it looks like someone's picked up your application from the pile. Many of us have found that this message is usually a justification for missing the 60 day target, and perhaps, keep the stats looking clean!

Hopefully, all being ok, you'll get yours processed in the next couple of weeks or so. Many applications are being farmed back to the origin Embassies, and a nice flow of applications are being processed.
Hi

Thank you for your advice.

I didn't think of it that way.

I am just beginning to suspect now what might be wrong.

I checked the self employed category link you sent and I have submitted the same and more.
Old Oct 12th 2017, 2:14 pm
Forum Regular

ryongsong is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rvg1212
No, but got a not straightforward on Sep 29 after we enquired by email.
Old Oct 12th 2017, 2:35 pm
Forum Regular

Blackpearl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mystikal2k2a
Hi

My wife submitted her passport and biometrics on 28th of April and then she received an the 'we have yet to receive your supporting documents' email on day 59. My solicitor had sent the supporting documents twice already before this date.

She then received the '31st of October' email on 25th of September.

This morning marks 119 days for our non-priority application and she has received a 'your application is not straight forward'

What is this rubbish!

Will we still receive a decision before the 31st of October or not now?

Anybody else in the same situation?

It would have been 120 working days tomorrow for us.
Seems a lot of Indians are waiting...have applied in march from india and still waiting.. very very sad and frustrated...
Old Oct 12th 2017, 2:44 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Blackpearl
Seems a lot of Indians are waiting...have applied in march from india and still waiting.. very very sad and frustrated...
My wife is Moroccan and we know other British/Moroccan couples who applied before or around the same time as us and have received news already.

The only difference between me and them is that I am classed as self employed and they were employed.
Old Oct 12th 2017, 4:08 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Blackpearl

Yeah. I didn’t see anyone from other countries waiting who applied before April. I’m from India, waiting since December. Probably ECO handling our application is slower than turtle. He’s definitely trying our patience beyond all limits. 😢 I wonder if he has slightest idea how important Diwali is for us! Will be away from whole family on that auspicious ocassion too... Damn frustrating!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.