Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Oct 4th 2017, 1:45 pm
Forum Regular

mystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Originally Posted by Vendetta
Settlement Visa priority

Bio-metrics and documents scanned at VFS: 11th August
Decision made: 10 Oct
Bangkok, Thailand

39 working days
multiple calls/emails and MP
Courier passport

Interesting VFS called my wife this morning and asked her when she would like to come to England
Since Thursday 3 applicants from Thailand have all had their visas accepted and one from the Phillipines
Old Oct 4th 2017, 1:49 pm
Forum Regular

simonnz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mystikal2k2a
Since Thursday 3 applicants from Thailand have all had their visas accepted and one from the Phillipines
And none from Australia that I have seen 😭😤😡
Old Oct 4th 2017, 2:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

j4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond repute

Awesome stuff - many more visa's accepted to follow this month - the month of clearing!

Originally Posted by simonnz
And none from Australia that I have seen 😭😤😡
Hang in there - you'll be next!
Old Oct 4th 2017, 2:12 pm
Forum Regular

mystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond repute

I've just spoken with my immigration solicitor and I mentioned it will be 24 weeks for me and my wife on Friday next week.

I asked him what has this year been like for spouse visa applications. He replied a lot slower than usual.

He mentioned one applicant of his that was priority received a decision after 5 months. Also priority applications normally take up to 1 month are now taking up to 3 months.

This is nothing new but i reiterated we are entering an unknown after 24 weeks. Although my wife did receive the '31st of October' i cannot rely on them sticking to their target.

I intend to contact my local MP if I don't receive anything from them by next Friday. My local MP managed to get a good response from them in relation to our missing supporting documents. So I will try again through him to see if he can our application viewed more quickly.

My immigration solicitor sounded confident though that we should receive news this month.

I wouldn't like to go through this whole process again and the time it's taken. This is would be a horrendous scenario.
Old Oct 4th 2017, 2:18 pm
Just Joined

Vendetta is an unknown quantity at this point

Hope everyone gets there visa soon! I think they are starting to get on top of it now.

Thanks for the support x
Old Oct 4th 2017, 2:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

j4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond repute

I've just spoken with my immigration solicitor and I mentioned it will be 24 weeks for me and my wife on Friday next week.

I asked him what has this year been like for spouse visa applications. He replied a lot slower than usual.

He mentioned one applicant of his that was priority received a decision after 5 months. Also priority applications normally take up to 1 month are now taking up to 3 months.

This is nothing new but i reiterated we are entering an unknown after 24 weeks. Although my wife did receive the '31st of October' i cannot rely on them sticking to their target.

I intend to contact my local MP if I don't receive anything from them by next Friday. My local MP managed to get a good response from them in relation to our missing supporting documents. So I will try again through him to see if he can our application viewed more quickly.

My immigration solicitor sounded confident though that we should receive news this month.

I wouldn't like to go through this whole process again and the time it's taken. This is would be a horrendous scenario.
I'm sure you will hear back this month - stay positive, i know it's hard to, but you've got to.
Old Oct 4th 2017, 2:40 pm
Forum Regular

MA17 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am on 23 weeks a lot of August non priority heard back this week ..they are not workinh on date order or maybe our files are with some slow worker who doesnt give a monkey wh1t this delays are doing to us and our lives
Old Oct 4th 2017, 2:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Just wait till 31st October and see where you are at then, if no progress at all then get in touch with MP and bring lots of pressure to the door step of Sheffield. They can't drag this facade on any longer.
Old Oct 4th 2017, 2:51 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by j4v3d
Just wait till 31st October and see where you are at then, if no progress at all then get in touch with MP and bring lots of pressure to the door step of Sheffield. They can't drag this facade on any longer.

Does anybody have the facebook group link to the action group that kernowIan setup?
Old Oct 4th 2017, 2:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Does anybody have the facebook group link to the action group that kernowIan setup?
Sorry i'm not sure what group kernowIan set up.
Old Oct 4th 2017, 3:00 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by j4v3d
Sorry i'm not sure what group kernowIan set up.
Please PM him for details.
Old Oct 4th 2017, 3:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PinkDia
<snip>
Thanks - sent a request to join the group.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Oct 4th 2017 at 4:01 pm. Reason: Link removed
Old Oct 4th 2017, 3:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Default Re: Sheffield Settlement Visa +90 Day Delays

Originally Posted by MA17
How long you ve been waiting? Im feeling hopeless too trying to keep positive thoughts
You'll definitely hear back this month! I feel the positive vibes!
Old Oct 4th 2017, 3:21 pm
Forum Regular

IKInd is an unknown quantity at this point

anyone from India got decision post 31st October email. I applied on 7th April, nothing so far!!
Old Oct 4th 2017, 3:24 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by PinkDia
<link removed>
Thank you

I have asked my wife to join the group.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Oct 4th 2017 at 4:01 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.