Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Sep 26th 2017, 5:52 pm
Forum Regular

b813 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Originally Posted by Shirlspuipui
Country applied Hong Kong - priority
Biometric date 31st may
17th Aug Required sponsor extra financial documents
Rang them 5 times and each time status is still yet to be assessed
No other choice rang MP test and he said this is very common as many ppl rang him to chase up their application so no surprise
Last night same e-mail as everyone the 31st Oct deadline
Hi,

We are applying from Hong Kong, priority also. We just received an email from UKVI requesting for my sponsor to submit his supporting documents although we had scanned them in at the VFS centre given my sponsor is currently residing in HK with me. Can I ask, the email you received requesting for extra financial documents, did it explicitly say for you to send just extra financial documents? And if yes, how did you provide them with a pre-paid envelope to have it returned to you in Hong Kong?

Also, did you provide the original and copy or just the original?
Old Sep 26th 2017, 6:07 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rosy1910
If I were you I would resend and make complaints later, just to make sure they have all they need to process my application - that's the most important thing now.
Thanks Rosy1910!
Old Sep 26th 2017, 6:39 pm
Just Joined

Dr038293 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lolacrisp
Been religiously following this forum and it's comforting know that you're not alone in this agonising wait.

Thought I'd post an update here:
Type of visa: Spouse
Application from Kuala Lumpur
Non-priority
Online Application: 21 June 2017
Biometrics and Document Scanned: 28 June
Email confirmation from Sheffield: 30 June
Documents couriered: Today, 26 Sept
Visa approved on: 18 Sept
Visa validity: 25 Sept

The weird thing is I didn't get an email or SMS from VFS and my number still comes up as unrecognised on the online tracker.

So relieved that I finally got this exactly on the 60th working day. Wish you all good luck and hopefully you'll hear good news soon!
Congratulations on your visa! Did the courier basically turn up at your address with the package without any notice from UKVI or the visa application centre you applied from?
Our decision was made over a week ago (found out over the phone, no email updates sent to us) and I'm just trying to put my worries to rest that the passport might actually be on its way back to us even though we have received no update.
I have developed anxiety and it has been through the roof through this process and I'm getting to the point where I'm almost convinced that it's lost or there's a problem.. silly I know!
Old Sep 26th 2017, 6:42 pm
Just Joined

leemur is an unknown quantity at this point

I did as well.

Originally Posted by KernowIan
seven on the list for 31 October deadline. Any more?

Kernowian
Garyede
Scousejohn
Hullmonkey
Pinkdia
mystikal2k2a
Rosy1910
Old Sep 26th 2017, 7:04 pm
Forum Regular

IKInd is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by leemur
I did as well.
Received email today saying they will make decision by 31st October.
I am in my 24th week!!
Old Sep 26th 2017, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

Minho86 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All
Received the email saying about decision to be made by 31st october.
I’m on day 89.
Did anyone get an email after that requesting more documents?
Old Sep 26th 2017, 8:08 pm
Just Joined

Walker87 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Am141
I received the email as well
I received aswell today 95 days

Last edited by Walker87; Sep 26th 2017 at 8:10 pm.
Old Sep 26th 2017, 8:20 pm
Just Joined

Amna Munir is an unknown quantity at this point

It is really getting on the nerves now ive been waiting for more than five months since i submitted my papers and biometrics the only email i recieved was the not straightforward case was.I dont really know what to do
Old Sep 26th 2017, 8:25 pm
Just Joined

Amna Munir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Walker87
I received aswell today 95 days
What does the email say?
Old Sep 26th 2017, 8:27 pm
Forum Regular

Benjamin Kwartengsnr is an unknown quantity at this point

I jUst got the 31 October deadline
Old Sep 26th 2017, 11:40 pm
Just Joined

Walker87 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Amna Munir
What does the email say?
Thank you for applying for a UK visa.

Due to it being our busiest period, I am afraid we are unable to make a decision on your application within our usual timescale. We aim to make a decision on your application before 31 October. If for any reason we are unable to do so, we will write to you to update.

Staff at the visa application centres or contact centres have no influence on cases and cannot provide any further advice so we recommend you do not attend or call the contact centre. Please do not go to the Visa Application Centre until you have received written confirmation that a decision has been made on your application and that your passport is ready to be collected.

We understand this will be frustrating to you and regret any inconvenience c

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Sep 26th 2017 at 11:47 pm. Reason: Cocked up quote
Old Sep 26th 2017, 11:42 pm
Forum Regular

diane1982 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by b813
Hi,

We are applying from Hong Kong, priority also. We just received an email from UKVI requesting for my sponsor to submit his supporting documents although we had scanned them in at the VFS centre given my sponsor is currently residing in HK with me. Can I ask, the email you received requesting for extra financial documents, did it explicitly say for you to send just extra financial documents? And if yes, how did you provide them with a pre-paid envelope to have it returned to you in Hong Kong?

Also, did you provide the original and copy or just the original?
I also applied here in Hong kong and the staff who assisted me didn't charge me for the scanning fee, she said there is no fee. When I didn't hear anything from sheffield about them receiving my docs,and learned that there is really a charge for the scanning, I went back to the center and a manager I think,assisted me and explained to her what happened. I asked them to make it sure that my papers had been scanned properly by the staff who assisted me. They called sheffield and was reassured that they already got my documents. and so i did paid the scanning fee after. I suggest for you to go back to the center and asked them what happened to your documents.
Old Sep 27th 2017, 12:24 am
Forum Regular

JAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know how true it is, but I've been told that there was a time wherein the HO got backlogged so bad that it would take 16 years for them to sort it out so they just decided to approve all and properly sort it out next time they apply.
Old Sep 27th 2017, 1:33 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by diane1982
I also applied here in Hong kong and the staff who assisted me didn't charge me for the scanning fee, she said there is no fee. When I didn't hear anything from sheffield about them receiving my docs,and learned that there is really a charge for the scanning, I went back to the center and a manager I think,assisted me and explained to her what happened. I asked them to make it sure that my papers had been scanned properly by the staff who assisted me. They called sheffield and was reassured that they already got my documents. and so i did paid the scanning fee after. I suggest for you to go back to the center and asked them what happened to your documents.
Did you receive an email from UKVI asking for your sponor to send in supporting documents to Sheffield? We paid for the scanning fee in HK but also didn't receive notification that our "documents" had been received. Only received the email after completing my biometrics that my application had been received and is under consideration by an ECO.
Old Sep 27th 2017, 1:35 am
Forum Regular

adi16 is an unknown quantity at this point

I request everyone on this forum to send an email to Alan Travis and tell him about how Home Office is treating us all. Everyone can share there story regarding visa process and priority fee, and longest waiting time, HO losing all the supporting documents and asking again and again.
Alan Travis is a Home affair's editor for Guardian. Please everyone request him to write about our story and the way HO is working at the moment. He just recently wrote couple of stories about HO.
[email protected]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.