Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Sep 19th 2017, 10:54 pm
Just Joined

poliphilus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sheffield Settlement Visa +90 Day Delays

Date of Biometrics: 27 April
Location of Biometrics: Vancouver, Canada
Date of email receipt from Sheffield: 1 May
Location Constituency of your sponsors MP: Cambridge
Not-straightforward notice: 19 July
Not-straightforward request: Fiancée's divorce papers (not indicated as a requirement in the application guidelines)
Old Sep 20th 2017, 12:33 am
Forum Regular

mattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Originally Posted by PinkDia
Shall we do a joint email? There was an article in the Guardian recently re immigration and how HO is charging people a lot of money as compared to their cost.

Any ideas how to go about this?
Almost on queue, there was a question in the House of Commons regarding the delays on spouse and fiancé visas. I'm considering getting my wife to write to the honourable member who raised the question (Mike Gapes) to thank him for raising this question and direct him to this forum to show the depth of the problems these processing delays are causing.

Is there support for this approach?

Here's the question raised in Parliament on Monday: https://www.theyworkforyou.com/wrans...isas#g10258.r0

Matt.
Old Sep 20th 2017, 12:45 am
Forum Regular

mattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond repute

Date of Biometrics: 24 April (submitted priority)

Location of Biometrics: Canberra Australia

Date of email receipt from Sheffield: 24 April

Location Constituency of your sponsors MP: Ealing Southall
Old Sep 20th 2017, 2:43 am
Forum Regular

PaManjang is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Some visas they make money on, but they don't on others - and as a UK taxpayer, I'd much rather they made money on some so that it's not a service overall that has to be funded by my taxes! Sorry.
Which visas do they not make money on?
This nasty Tory government is just exploiting people at their most vulnerable by charging stupid money and offering them worst service.
Old Sep 20th 2017, 8:01 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by PaManjang
Which visas do they not make money on?
This nasty Tory government is just exploiting people at their most vulnerable by charging stupid money and offering them worst service.
Essentially, the government wants the immigration system to be self funding. So our visa fees cross subsidise border security and immigration control.
Old Sep 20th 2017, 8:07 am
Forum Regular

mystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mattthefat
Almost on queue, there was a question in the House of Commons regarding the delays on spouse and fiancé visas. I'm considering getting my wife to write to the honourable member who raised the question (Mike Gapes) to thank him for raising this question and direct him to this forum to show the depth of the problems these processing delays are causing.

Here's the question raised in Parliament on Monday: https://www.theyworkforyou.com/wrans...isas#g10258.r0

Matt.
Hi

I'm glad an MP has raised this very direct question. I was going to ask my local MP to ask the very same question.

I will contact Mike Gapes and share my experience about UKVI.
Old Sep 20th 2017, 8:14 am
Forum Regular

JimmyBlue76 is an unknown quantity at this point

Here's the question raised in Parliament on Monday:

Matt.
Notice that even though the report referred to in the answer was produced in August 2017 it only covers Q1 2017 for settlement visas, yet it includes Q2 for refugee and humanitarian applications. Then check the notes in the report referred to and you will see why most of us experiencing delays were told we have a 'non straightforward' case - it's because non-straightforward cases are exempt from the service standards:

Where a case is defined as non-straightforward due to its complexity (for example Human Right Claims) the case sits outside this service standard.
I'd love to know why our case was considered non-straightforward: I have somewhere for us to live, our children have UK passports, my salary is well above the required financial limit and we are lucky enough to have savings above the limit, neither of us have a criminal record, my wife is from the USA - what's not straight forward?
Old Sep 20th 2017, 8:19 am
Forum Regular

JimmyBlue76 is an unknown quantity at this point

I had a brief post pointing out how the HO is using the system to fiddle the figures slightly in their report of August 2017, but it's awaiting moderation for some reason. Essentially, they are declaring us all to be non-straightforward cases because that exempts them from the 12 week service standard.
Old Sep 20th 2017, 8:24 am
Forum Regular

mystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond reputemystikal2k2a has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MDoyle
I just sent an email to that Guardian journalist. Will let you all know if I get a response.

I did email another journalist a few weeks ago who had an article criticising the HO, also in the Guardian. He wrote back, and whilst sympathetic, said he didn't think my plight was newsworthy....

So I guess the more people who get in touch, the more likely the issue will be taken seriously.

Update: got an out of office response which says to resend any emails after 3rd October.
Hi

I emailed Amelia Hill this morning and received an out of office email to.

I will recommend anyone planning to send the email to her, to send it after the 3rd of October.

I will resend my email to her on the 3rd of October so it is at the top of her inbox.
Old Sep 20th 2017, 8:26 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rvg1212
Date of Biometrics : 30 Dec 2016
Location of Biometrics : Ahmedabad, India
Date of email receipt from Sheffield : 4 Jan
Date of "not strAightforward case" email: 6 march
No. Of escalations: 3
MP contact: 2 times
Solicitor contact: once

36 weeks over. Not a single clear response so far. Every time received annoying generic response. Please do something to resolve this problem.. 😢🙏🏻
Location Constituency of your sponsors MP: Edgware, Middlesex
That is shocking!

I feel for you.

It sounds unusual to for it to go on this long.
Old Sep 20th 2017, 9:01 am
Forum Regular

b813 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by adi16
I sent an email yesterday and today I got a reply saying that they will escalate my application since its over 30 days. my application is on 35th working day now. They asked me few details about my application such as GWF number, IHS number etc. I sent them.
Got another reply saying that they will be get in touch with me with 15 working days regarding the progress of my application.
I have also spoken to my MP through emails but my sponsor is meeting the MP in person on 13/09/2017. Lets see.

Good luck to everyone and best wishes.
Hi there - you had any luck with your visa?
Old Sep 20th 2017, 9:11 am
Just Joined

PaulandJoy is an unknown quantity at this point

Date if biometrics: 8th May
Place of biometrics: Bangkok
Documents received: 9th May
Non straightforward @ 60 days
Escalated via MP @ 60 days
Told documents with manager @ 70 days
Letter from UKVI @ 81 days stating there are many people waiting besides me and applications are processed on a first come, first served basis (BS!!)
Have spoke to my MP’s PA on about 15 occasions now, they are getting fobbed off too
Constituency: Havering
Old Sep 20th 2017, 9:42 am
BE Enthusiast

j4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by garyede
Seems that HO seem to be getting back on track regards the 60 day non priorities, especially those of you who applied in june and after!! Unfortunately us poor sods prior are still in the bar!! As much as i am pleased for everyone gettingtheir visas it is really annoying being in the 90 plus club!!!
Where have you got that stat from? From applicants timelines?
Old Sep 20th 2017, 10:07 am
Forum Regular

PinkDia is an unknown quantity at this point

Matt.
Great idea!
Old Sep 20th 2017, 10:09 am
Forum Regular

garyede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by j4v3d
Where have you got that stat from? From applicants timelines?
Yes that's right

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.