Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Sep 13th 2017, 8:32 am
BE Enthusiast

j4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Originally Posted by london_2005
Received an email this morning from the call centre as an update to my call and they said they now see the status as "decision made" - although TLS still shows "waiting for decision"
Fingers crossed the visa has been granted - keep us updated.
Old Sep 13th 2017, 8:41 am
Forum Regular

london_2005 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Quophi
Thanks for sharing, was it priority?
yes, and i still cannot believe it is decided and won't believe until i receive the passport
Old Sep 13th 2017, 8:42 am
BE Enthusiast

j4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by london_2005
yes, and i still cannot believe it is decided and won't believe until i receive the passport
Any ideas when you'll get the passport?
Old Sep 13th 2017, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

london_2005 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by j4v3d
Any ideas when you'll get the passport?
i hope next week but no information on that, and my wife needs to fly latest by next friday as she is pregnant and won't be able to fly afterwards - hate all this happening in the last minute
Old Sep 13th 2017, 8:58 am
Forum Regular

garyede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by KernowIan
Hi Gary, none of our docs have been returned. Case with our MP. Waiting....OUT!

Wife biometrics Bangkok 25 April.

This is turning into a disaster. Just about to lose my job as I cant keep to the shift pattern without my wife here to look after our son.
So many lives being ruined by these idiots. The stories from everyone really upset
and annoy me.
Old Sep 13th 2017, 9:00 am
Forum Regular

simonnz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mattthefat
Hi Simon. Your story sounds the same as mine back a while ago. I'm Canberra on 24 April, also priority. One thing I picked up along the way which would've been handy to know. When I've rang up and complained with the UKVI Contact Centre, they actually mentioned that the performance target for priority service is 30 days. The people in the Contact Centre have no access to your file to know you're priority so it's only when you say you paid the $1000-odd whatever it is that they will escalate.

If you want to try your luck, give them a call and you might get lucky with the operator. Some say they won't do any escalation at all until day 60. When I did my first escalation at day 60, the guy I talked to said I should've heard 30 days ago.

Magic words seem to be
1. Priority Processing
2. 30 day target
3. The exact dollar amount you paid VFS for the priority fee.

Then tell them you want your case escalated to the decision making centre as you've waited over the 30 day target for priority processing cases.

Word of warning - many of the operators are dumb as <snip>. But occassionally there's some good ones that genuinely try to help.

And one more thing - ask for a reference number for the call. UKVI may refund your call cost given it was a call beyond your control. I've been quite successful so far on that front. They just don't want people calling up kicking tyres hence the GBP1.30 per minute.
Ok cool will give that a try, thanks for your help.
Old Sep 13th 2017, 10:39 am
Forum Regular

MA17 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have received the not straightforward email, and also the "still working on your application but can't give a timeline for completion" one in early August. But only after I complain and escalate. Never any proactive communication to me. Only found out it's with an ECO from 12 August when the MPs office called up on my behalf.

My migration agent is not a solicitor, but I'm seriously considering approaching one. My agent appears to be more than happy to work with one though. I think again just to shut me up as I'm on the phone and email very regularly to them (joke! They've actually helped one of my good mates' wife get into Australia too and been great). We're all just scratching our heads on what to do.

MPs office actually advised me to not waste my money just yet as Home Office is ignoring everyone. They said leave it another two weeks (that was last week) and see if the backlog clears out a bit. Unfortunately, I am now in the position that I'd budgeted to have started working in the UK last week. So not sure if I should bite the bullet and throw more money at the problem, or wait and wear the lost income.

I've seen a couple of people also get decisions lately, but also some people waiting longer and now there's the 5000-odd people who have been on hold. Just not quite sure what to do at this point. But still gotta keep that positive mindset.
God willing you are nearly there. I think you wait a bit more and hopefully you have your daughter and yours approval very soon.
Stupid question. Have you ever seen somene waited over 100 BD and got refused? Keep telling everyone to be positive but sometimes i get frustrated and panic myself.
Old Sep 13th 2017, 1:32 pm
Forum Regular

mattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MA17
God willing you are nearly there. I think you wait a bit more and hopefully you have your daughter and yours approval very soon.
Stupid question. Have you ever seen somene waited over 100 BD and got refused? Keep telling everyone to be positive but sometimes i get frustrated and panic myself.
I don't think there's any such thing as a stupid question in this ridonkulous process. I tried to get some understanding of what that looks like once, but just couldn't wrap my head around it. In the end, I found some data on BritCits which said 90% of Aussie applications get approved, so just cheering myself up with that.

BritCits

I don't get a sense that there's a relationship between length of time and refusal or acceptance. Just the amount of time an ECO has to spend running the ruler over the information provided.
Old Sep 13th 2017, 1:54 pm
Forum Regular

I don't think there's any such thing as a stupid question in this ridonkulous process. I tried to get some understanding of what that looks like once, but just couldn't wrap my head around it. In the end, I found some data on BritCits which said 90% of Aussie applications get approved, so just cheering myself up with that.

BritCits

I don't get a sense that there's a relationship between length of time and refusal or acceptance. Just the amount of time an ECO has to spend running the ruler over the information provided.
I don't fail any of the requirements but i missed some silly information i did not see the question about if there is more previous relationship i only filled the 2 column table about our former marriages just the last one and i provided divorce cert of the last one. Do you guys think this should be a problem?
Old Sep 13th 2017, 2:08 pm
Forum Regular

mattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MA17
I don't fail any of the requirements but i missed some silly information i did not see the question about if there is more previous relationship i only filled the 2 column table about our former marriages just the last one and i provided divorce cert of the last one. Do you guys think this should be a problem?
Any children involved is my first question. I imagine there would be a need to prove who cares for any children etc. Sorry if you've posted that before. But if it's previous marriages, I guess it's just about proving that you've got a genuine marriage relationship and that you are validly married. There are people more experienced than I, but I've had A LOT of time to just read. Although - I must say I prefer reading Tom Clancy over the Immigration Rules
Old Sep 13th 2017, 2:41 pm
Forum Regular

Any children involved is my first question. I imagine there would be a need to prove who cares for any children etc. Sorry if you've posted that before. But if it's previous marriages, I guess it's just about proving that you've got a genuine marriage relationship and that you are validly married. There are people more experienced than I, but I've had A LOT of time to just read. Although - I must say I prefer reading Tom Clancy over the Immigration Rules
Hahaha i am desperately looking for a positive sign. No i have no children...and marriage is valid in France and UK do they really care about any past relationship....guys some answers pls
Old Sep 13th 2017, 6:10 pm
Just Joined

Emm123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys my little advice is to be Patience,how long it takes HO to make a decision does not mean anything,my hubby submitted his application on 15th may,online tracker said DECIDED on the 7th of August ,exactly 58working days,received decision made email on the 15th of August ,no on hold email,no case not straightforward email,no request for additional documents but when he collected his passport there was NO VISA,NO REFUSAL LETTER,NO STAMP .So early decision does not mean anything,it's been 4 weeks and we still don't know what the decision is ,our life is on hold now ,escalated two times ,no reply.Our only hope now is the MP's office .At least even if it's a refusal,we need the refusal letter to know what to do next .So please be patience,its better to wait and get a good decision than to be left in the wilderness,not knowing which way to go .VERY FRUSTRATING.
Old Sep 13th 2017, 10:53 pm
Just Joined

Emm123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Britflyer
UPDATE - after I posted the comments above we decided to send an email asking for a physical address in Sheffield we can use to send the passports via UPS to save time, they replied that they thought we were already in the UK!!

Shortly after that we received another email instructing us not to return the passports and saying someone from the team will contact us, nothing further so the uncertainty continues.
Hi Britflyer ,have you received any update from the home office please?our case is similar to urs,we received our passport with nothing,no letter,no vignettes,and as usual ,they are not replying emails .
Have you received any update for urs please?
Old Sep 14th 2017, 12:24 am
Just Joined

acaguk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shielacity
Does anybody here received an email from VISAINFO too?

Your online application has been received at the UK Decision Making Centre. Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer.

I did get this too. Have you received any more news about your visa?

My timeline is:

Country applying from: Philippines
Online application: 12 July 2017 (Standard or non-priority application)
Biometrics and scanning of documents at VFS: 24 July 2017
SMS from VFS (a country-specific service I believe) stating that the visa application for GWFxxxxxxxxx was forwarded to UKVI on 24 July 2017: 24 July 2017
Email acknowledging online application has been received at the UK Decision Making Centre and that application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer: 18 August 2017
Approval date: Awaiting decision as of this posting date
Old Sep 14th 2017, 2:08 am
Forum Regular

Rosy1910 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Emm123
Hi Guys my little advice is to be Patience,how long it takes HO to make a decision does not mean anything,my hubby submitted his application on 15th may,online tracker said DECIDED on the 7th of August ,exactly 58working days,received decision made email on the 15th of August ,no on hold email,no case not straightforward email,no request for additional documents but when he collected his passport there was NO VISA,NO REFUSAL LETTER,NO STAMP .So early decision does not mean anything,it's been 4 weeks and we still don't know what the decision is ,our life is on hold now ,escalated two times ,no reply.Our only hope now is the MP's office .At least even if it's a refusal,we need the refusal letter to know what to do next .So please be patience,its better to wait and get a good decision than to be left in the wilderness,not knowing which way to go .VERY FRUSTRATING.
Agreed with you. It's worst to be in this state without being able to plan anything. At least they should give us some deadline so that we can plan our life accordingly. I have just passed 70 days, no proper responses to escalations or enquirers but always received the enquiry resolved messages 😂. I am about to lose my transfer job in London as the employer is running out of patience. I had to give up my job in Hanoi a couple of months ago. Now also facing the dilemma with schooling for my son as well. If there was some deadline, my life should not have been made up side down like this. FRUSTRATING.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.