Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Sep 6th 2017, 1:59 am
Forum Regular

mattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond repute
Wink re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
As BEVS posted in the other thread...we are trying to sort this matter out. Please be patient.

Patience is a virtue for all of us.

I thought it'd be more appropriate to say "The processing of your post has not been straightforward and we are unable to meet the forum's moderator service standards. We continue to work on your post and will amend your post as soon as we are able to. We cannot give a timescale for when this matter will be sorted."

Hope this injects some humour at least in everyone's day.

Matt.
Old Sep 6th 2017, 2:06 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Originally Posted by mattthefat

Patience is a virtue for all of us.

I thought it'd be more appropriate to say "The processing of your post has not been straightforward and we are unable to meet the forum's moderator service standards. We continue to work on your post and will amend your post as soon as we are able to. We cannot give a timescale for when this matter will be sorted."

Matt.

Old Sep 6th 2017, 3:15 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by mattthefat

Matt.
It does rather so have some BE karma for that.

I am not per the onboard computer Holly in Red Dwarf so as per my other post there may be some time delay depending in what part of the universe you reside.
Meanwhile being polite to and about the BE moderators who give of their free time to keep the cogs of all BE running smoothly costs nothing, for posters do not see all that they do nor the time they give.
Old Sep 6th 2017, 6:16 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chat about UK Spouse Visa . - off topic posts re timeline v chat threads

Originally Posted by BEVS
With the best will in the world I am not able to read private messages whilst I am asleep.

I read your message which appeared in my inbox this morning and I have responded within an hour or two of reading this.

Patience is a virtue isn't it. Particularly with anything to do with immigration visas & even sometimes with allowing admin time to wake up and respond.
Jeez BEVS, a bit slack there. May I suggest you rig up an alarm on your inbox which plays Willy Wonka's I Want It Now very loudly, and don't forget to activate it before you go to sleep.
Old Sep 6th 2017, 6:18 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chat about UK Spouse Visa . - off topic posts re timeline v chat threads

Originally Posted by PaManjang
Administrators jerseygirl & Christmasoompa please we want to see the updated lists by garyede, don't delete his posts. These are vital info and we need them please.
I would just point out that whilst you might want to see them, there are others that don't. There maybe be some that are annoyed their 'chat' thread is being taken over, and that their questions are being pushed further and further up the thread, where they may be missed.

As mods, we have to balance the needs and requests of all the forum members, but I'm sure BEVS, JG & the rest of the mods will try and find a solution that works for as many as poss.
Old Sep 6th 2017, 9:31 am
Forum Regular

adi16 is an unknown quantity at this point

This is very strange. I know its been few days since you posted this message. I hope you heard something positive from UKVI.
Could you please update us what is happening with your case.
Thanks and best wishes.

Originally Posted by Emm123
Hi All
Does anyone know why the online tracker is not working anymore please ?It showed
our decision was made on the 7th of August,we received our passport without a decision ,there was no visa or refusal letter but we received an email that a decision has been made ,we escalated on the 18th but have not heard from them ,Sponsor's MP is involved now . The online tracker shows number not recognised ,it used to show DECIDED.
This is very CONFUSING.No visa,no stamp,no refusal letter.We are waiting to hear what ukvi have to say.
Old Sep 6th 2017, 5:37 pm
Just Joined

AkilahDN is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Gary,

New to the forum, but not new to waiting for UKVI. This has been the best (and only) information we have been able to find anywhere regarding these delays. I applied for a spouse settlement visa from Spain (priority) on May 22. Still waiting. Escalated after the 60th business day. Re-escalated today (Day 75) as had not received any response. We contacted our MP as well, and it looks like they didn't respond to him either... radio silence all around.

Thanks,
Akilah
Old Sep 6th 2017, 5:55 pm
Forum Regular

garyede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by AkilahDN
Hi Gary,

New to the forum, but not new to waiting for UKVI. This has been the best (and only) information we have been able to find anywhere regarding these delays. I applied for a spouse settlement visa from Spain (priority) on May 22. Still waiting. Escalated after the 60th business day. Re-escalated today (Day 75) as had not received any response. We contacted our MP as well, and it looks like they didn't respond to him either... radio silence all around.

Thanks,
Akilah
Thanks for the compliment Akilah. Yes I agree collating this information does give us a snapshot of what is happening at Sheffield. once i have received enough users information i will provide some analysis and stats and you guys can throw in your views. Bearing in mind we are throwing money down the drain for useless information from the contact centre at least this info provides us with something which is real and authentic. I am hoping to get at least 30 replies which will give us a sample picture. Best regards.
Gary
Old Sep 6th 2017, 6:42 pm
Just Joined

Dr038293 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Gary,

Thanks,
Akilah
Hi Akilah,

Did you have any emails stating your case was not straightforward or anything like that?

We are on day 50, also applied priority from Spain and reading that just knocked me sick

Dan
Old Sep 6th 2017, 7:11 pm
Just Joined

AkilahDN is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dr038293
Hi Akilah,

Did you have any emails stating your case was not straightforward or anything like that?

We are on day 50, also applied priority from Spain and reading that just knocked me sick

Dan
Hi Dan,

I did receive the email stating that there was a delay and the case was "not straightforward", but not until Day 60 when we called and escalated the case with Customer Service. It really seems that they are using those as a way to extend processing times.

After almost four months away from my husband, this whole experience has been gutting. I thought I would be away for three weeks, and have missed an entire season (as well as a friend's wedding and my birthday). Something's got to give soon!

Akilah
Old Sep 6th 2017, 7:17 pm
Just Joined

maysaosama is an unknown quantity at this point

I had my biometrice taken in 21 June 2017 and the acknowledge email on 5 July 2017 , today I completed 55 working days , My solicitor contacted Home office and they said all spouse visas are pending and asked her to call back next week, any body has the same response.
Old Sep 6th 2017, 7:19 pm
Just Joined

Dr038293 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Dan,

I did receive the email stating that there was a delay and the case was "not straightforward", but not until Day 60 when we called and escalated the case with Customer Service. It really seems that they are using those as a way to extend processing times.

After almost four months away from my husband, this whole experience has been gutting. I thought I would be away for three weeks, and have missed an entire season (as well as a friend's wedding and my birthday). Something's got to give soon!

Akilah
That's what I'm dreading. I have seen that tactic used on so many people, presumably just to buy them some more time with the applications. We were fooled in to expecting 3 weeks too... the TLS contact website which we paid the money to specifically quoted 15 working days and I have that screenshot on my phone. We have missed eachothers birthdays, our first wedding anniversary is on the 5th November and I refuse to be away from him for that. It's so damn hard being in limbo like this, my decreasing amount of holiday allowance from work is also against me. Praying for something to happen soon!
Old Sep 6th 2017, 10:00 pm
Forum Regular

garyede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Faisal93
Hi everyone, I am new to the forum and have been following for the last few months now. I would like to thank everyone for posting as it has been of immense help!!!

Bio metric date for my partners application was 02/05/2017 -non-priority- 85 working days completed

I would really appreciate if anyone could enlighten me with my concern:
I passed probation in my current position at the end of Jan 2017, however my wage up until that point was £18,550 nevertheless was meeting the financial threshold by completing overtime. On passing probation I now earn above the threshold. My question is:
All my six payslips provided to HO are fluctuating due to overtime completed and the first few slips are based on old wage with overtime. Could there possibly be any problems from HO due to old wage and new wage?
My workplace has confirmed the above in a cover letter.
I have not heard anything from HO since submitting and on contacting recently have been advised my partners application is awaiting a decision, is this a good sign?

I do apologise if I have posted on the wrong forum? Sorry for the long Essay!!

Thank you � ����
I am sure you know that the threshold is £18600 and the HO average out your wage slips. I have come across a case were the processor was flexible due to the following month the applicant receiving higher pay. I cant say for certain but i think you will be ok.
Old Sep 6th 2017, 10:11 pm
Just Joined

Walker87 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Walker87
Application type - spouse visa non priority
Applications location - srilanka Colombo
Online submit. - 10 may 17
Biomaterck - 15 may 17
Documants send Sheffield - 23 may 17
Online applications conformation received email from Sheffield - 25 may 17
Escalating 1 - 8 Aug 17 over the phone
Escalating 2 - 30 Aug 17 over the phone
Still I haven't received my original Documants back from Sheffield
Today 80 working days
Anyone have over 82 working days?
I haven't heard anything from Sheffield till I send to the Documants...
Also I haven't received my original documents back
Old Sep 6th 2017, 10:54 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

In a bid to stop the confusion and also do a little housekeeping/cleaning up...The Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield thread and the Chat thread have now been merged.

Garyede will post an updated list once a day in the Timelines Only thread. Please do not post comments in the Timelines Only thread. Thank you.

The Timelines Only thread can be found here...

http://britishexpats.com/forum/citiz...s-only-899214/

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Sep 6th 2017 at 10:58 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.