Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Aug 24th 2017, 3:48 pm
Forum Regular

brynmaxwell is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Does anyone know what makes a case a straightforward or non-straightforward?.. oh, im new here, apology to ask this, what is MP?, the one thing that everyone is been talking about..I've been trying to figure this out but i still hv no idea what it is..
MP - Member of Parliament. Voted to represent a constituency (area) in House of Commons.
Old Aug 24th 2017, 3:57 pm
Just Joined

Sophie28 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by brynmaxwell
MP - Member of Parliament. Voted to represent a constituency (area) in House of Commons.
Ooo 🤔🤔🤔 thank you for the clarification 😉 I dont think this is applicable to me (i think..) coz i am applying from outside of UK.. 😔
Old Aug 24th 2017, 4:02 pm
Forum Regular

cdfergus is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Chat about UK Spouse Visa . - off topic posts re timeline v chat threads

On August 17th I received an email that "your online application has been received". I am confused because I see that some people get an email confirming receipt of documents? I have not had that email; am I supposed to??
Old Aug 24th 2017, 5:41 pm
Forum Regular

Ooo � ����� ����� ���� thank you for the clarification � ���� I dont think this is applicable to me (i think..) coz i am applying from outside of UK.. � ����
Only the sponsor (your husband) can contact the MP for the constituency in which he lives. If your husband has a permanent address in the UK then he can email the MP for that area even though currently based abroad. Maybe the Army can apply pressure to get you a decision. Here are the 2 people ultimately responsible for workings of immigration: ---

Minister of State for Immigration -The Rt Hon Brandon Lewis MP

Civil Servant Head - Mark Thomson -Director General, UK Visas and Immigration
Old Aug 24th 2017, 5:41 pm
Forum Regular

Ooo 🤔🤔🤔 thank you for the clarification 😉 I dont think this is applicable to me (i think..) coz i am applying from outside of UK.. 😔
Only the sponsor (your husband) can contact the MP for the constituency in which he lives. If your husband has a permanent address in the UK then he can email the MP for that area even though currently based abroad. Maybe the Army can apply pressure to get you a decision. Here are the 2 people ultimately responsible for workings of immigration: ---

Old Aug 24th 2017, 5:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chat about UK Spouse Visa . - off topic posts re timeline v chat threads

Originally Posted by cdfergus
On August 17th I received an email that "your online application has been received". I am confused because I see that some people get an email confirming receipt of documents? I have not had that email; am I supposed to??
Some do, some don't.
Old Aug 24th 2017, 5:44 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Some do, some don't.
Ok. That's a bit unsettling
Old Aug 24th 2017, 8:16 pm
Just Joined

poliphilus is an unknown quantity at this point

82 working days since documents received in Sheffield.

27 working days since declared non-straightforward for one document, which was provided in 53 minutes.

Two wedding dates sailed past. Tens of thousands in lost income. A spring and a summer together lost forever. Good faith of friends and family nearly destroyed.

Why?
Old Aug 24th 2017, 8:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by poliphilus
82 working days since documents received in Sheffield.

27 working days since declared non-straightforward for one document, which was provided in 53 minutes.

Two wedding dates sailed past. Tens of thousands in lost income. A spring and a summer together lost forever. Good faith of friends and family nearly destroyed.

Why?
I am so, so sorry Looks as though we are all going to be in this mess together.
Old Aug 24th 2017, 11:14 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by brynmaxwell

Yes, we are somehow ready to get the someone high up in the rank to push them for a decision. We need to go back to the UK by early Dec, will be posted out to Germany in Jan 2018. Prior to that, i need to get a Germany visa as accompanying soldier as a dependant. So i pray that everything comes in time. We receive no news no emails so far. So by 60th working day, i'll get my cannon ready for them. Lol.
Old Aug 25th 2017, 1:16 am
Just Joined

Arghuk is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

We are waiting in Hong Kong - 32 days and counting. Just wanted to share this (depressing) article - seems the Home Office is really in chaos. Hope we all get our visas very soon!

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...t-eu-nationals
Old Aug 25th 2017, 5:32 am
Just Joined

Thea1526 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you Sophie fingers crossed. Sent an email yesterday but no reply.Paid almost 6 pounds. Planning to go to VFS Global Abu Dhabi to enquire about passports.
Old Aug 25th 2017, 9:36 am
BE Enthusiast

j4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Thea1526
Thank you Sophie fingers crossed. Sent an email yesterday but no reply.Paid almost 6 pounds. Planning to go to VFS Global Abu Dhabi to enquire about passports.
You'll probably, well most likely end up with one of their standard email replies.
Old Aug 25th 2017, 12:37 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Thea1526
Hi Thea, let me know how it goes with the VFS alright?
Old Aug 25th 2017, 2:45 pm
Just Joined

Vendetta is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

I am new here,

This is very worrying for me, I'm English and live in England and trying to bring my wife over from Thailand. She applied in Bangkok and used the scan option.

We also paid the priority, I thought this would be approved within 10-15 days.

biometrics; 11/08/2017
Received email:14/08/2017

So its only been like 10 days but I am worried because she is pregnant with our first child and only has 9 weeks until she can not fly. So if it does not come in time I'm going to have to leave my job and life here and move over there. Or miss the birth of my son, which I WILL NOT DO.

Come one Sheffield sort it out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.