Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Aug 24th 2017, 12:50 am
Forum Regular

cdfergus is on a distinguished road
Default re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

This is all very worrying

I will be in UK late September, 2 months after submitting my husband's spouse visa. I am wondering, if I have not heard anything by then, if it would be worth a trip to Sheffield? Has anyone ever done this? I wonder if they even have an office where the general public can be seen?

Any thoughts?
Old Aug 24th 2017, 6:14 am
Just Joined

Emm123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Chat about UK Spouse Visa . - off topic posts re timeline v chat threads

THIS IS VERY FRUSTRATING
We received our decision email and went to collect our passport but there was no decision,there was no vignette in passport and no refusal letter ,no stamp ,just the documents
The worse thing is that I am the sponsor,I live here in uk but they sent my passport with my hubby's passport to Africa,I sent two prepaid envelopes to Sheffield for my documents to return back to my uk address . I escalated this case on Friday but I have not heard anything from Sheffield.Even if it was a refusal,we still need the decision letter ?And I need my passport back .THIS IS VERY FRUSTRATING
Old Aug 24th 2017, 6:16 am
Just Joined

Emm123 is an unknown quantity at this point

THIS IS VERY FRUSTRATING
We received our decision email and went to collect our passport but there was no decision,there was no vignette in passport and no refusal letter ,no stamp ,just the documents
The worse thing is that I am the sponsor,I live here in uk but they sent my passport with my hubby's passport to Africa,I sent two prepaid envelopes to Sheffield for my documents to return back to my uk address . I escalated this case on Friday but I have not heard anything from Sheffield.Even if it was a refusal,we still need the decision letter ?And I need my passport back .THIS IS VERY FRUSTRATING
Old Aug 24th 2017, 6:36 am
Forum Regular

Minho86 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rez
Hello People,

I got my visa approved!!! Yey!!! Finally!!! I am so so happy!!! They made a decision on my application on the 60th day from the online submission. I received my passport from VFS on the 60th day from the biometrics submission...

I hope you all too will get a good news very soon. We are jumping out of joy, finally we got to be with each other.. Thanks to almighty and god bless you all!

Cheers!!!
Hey Rez congrats buddy! How many days did you get yours decided? I mean when did you apply buddy? We only received last week something saying your case isn't straight forward etc. So I called them and they just said to wait and not worry. It's been 65Days now.
Old Aug 24th 2017, 7:44 am
Just Joined

Rosetaiwan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Chat about UK Spouse Visa . - off topic posts re timeline v chat threads

Does anyone get result after 60 working days recently?
please provide the waiting day length, thank you.
I am on day 64.
Old Aug 24th 2017, 8:56 am
Forum Regular

garyede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by brynmaxwell
Hi swilliams. Good on you for wanting to fight for decent treatment by the Home Office. Yesterday I sent a Freedom of Information request to the Home Office for a breakdown of decision times for the South Asia countries covered by the DMC in Manila in 2015, 2016 and from February 2017 (when Manila was closed) to July. I’m hoping it will reveal how decision times have got longer as a result of the Home Office policy of closing DMCs around the world (and in particular Manila) and concentrating decision making at Sheffield and Croydon.

Regards your draft letter, without wishing to offend I think the letter is too long and, for understandable reasons, too emotional. If letter is too long it won’t get read, so try and condense it to a few key points eg pay a lot in fees (government collects £millions in revenue from visas) , have to meet strict financial requirements, housing requirements, pay NHS contribution upfront etc yet are treated like second class citizens and families forced to live apart for indefinite time because Home Office drive for “efficiency” (read efficiency as cost saving) has resulted in it being unable to meet its own target of 100% decisions within 60 working days.

Regards passage “The Home Office at the same time as increasing the fee this year, have also attempted to minimize their costs by moving the processing from the local country of application to the UK (based in Sheffield). This was at the same time as Brexit.” this is not strictly true. According to report by Chief Inspector of Borders and Immigration --https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/631520/An-inspection-of-entry-clearance-processing-operations-in-Croydon-and-Istanbul1.pdf --- the Home Office has been closing Decision Making Centres (DMCs) around the world for past 10 years – the DMC in Manila which processed apps for South Asia closed in Feb 2017. I have reasonable proof closing Manila has increased processing times because a friend applied for a fiancé visa last November (priority) and got the decision in about 8 days and his fiance’s application included an 11 year old child. Okay – he met all the requirements. But I easily meet all the requirements and no children involved and also paid priority, yet I know my package hasn’t even been opened because I forgot to put postage on the return envelope. If the docs had been scanned Sheffield would have sent an email about the return postage.

Good Luck
Can i ask you if your spouse is from the Philippines as mine is. Maybe can swop a few experiences with the process going on there between Manila and Sheffield.
Old Aug 24th 2017, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

brynmaxwell is an unknown quantity at this point

Can i ask you if your spouse is from the Philippines as mine is. Maybe can swop a few experiences with the process going on there between Manila and Sheffield.
Hi garyede Yep -lives in Cebu. But fiance - not spouse. She sent me more decisions from her Filipinos contacts this morning - decisions seem to be taking 2-1/2 calendar months.
Old Aug 24th 2017, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

garyede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud of

My wife is from the Philippines too, did you send your supporting docs from Manila to Sheffield or did you send them direct from the UK.
Old Aug 24th 2017, 9:54 am
Forum Regular

brynmaxwell is an unknown quantity at this point

My wife is from the Philippines too, did you send your supporting docs from Manila to Sheffield or did you send them direct from the UK.
She sent her documents to me cos vfs Cebu said they would only scan ALL the docs - not just hers. I then sent the entire bundle to Sheffield - delivered 11 Aug.
Old Aug 24th 2017, 12:32 pm
Just Joined

Arghuk is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone, 31 days and counting in Hong Kong. I've been following the forum but wanted to sign up to share this (depressing) news - Home Office clearly in chaos... https://www.theguardian.com/politics...t-eu-nationals

Hoping we all get our visas soon.
Old Aug 24th 2017, 1:44 pm
Just Joined

Sophie28 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Im malaysian, married to British Army who is currently posted in Brunei. My visa application was submitted via Brunei. Currently been waiting for 52 days. Timelines are as follows:
Visa type: Settlement (Non-priority)

26 May: online application submitted
22 june: Biometric done and sent off documents to Sheffield
4 July: Received email from Sheffield saying they had received the supporting documents
12 July: Received the returned supporting documents from Sheffield
Now, 52 days had passed with no news, I am currently on temporary stay stamp in Brunei until 20th September. I keep reading this thread, sometimes it gaves me both worries and hopes.

Does anyone know what makes a case a straightforward or non-straightforward?.. oh, im new here, apology to ask this, what is MP?, the one thing that everyone is been talking about..I've been trying to figure this out but i still hv no idea what it is.. 😅😅
Old Aug 24th 2017, 1:58 pm
Just Joined

Thea1526 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sophie28
Hi all,

Im malaysian, married to British Army who is currently posted in Brunei. My visa application was submitted via Brunei. Currently been waiting for 52 days. Timelines are as follows:
Visa type: Settlement (Non-priority)

26 May: online application submitted
22 june: Biometric done and sent off documents to Sheffield
4 July: Received email from Sheffield saying they had received the supporting documents
12 July: Received the returned supporting documents from Sheffield
Now, 52 days had passed with no news, I am currently on temporary stay stamp in Brunei until 20th September. I keep reading this thread, sometimes it gaves me both worries and hopes.

Does anyone know what makes a case a straightforward or non-straightforward?.. oh, im new here, apology to ask this, what is MP?, the one thing that everyone is been talking about..I've been trying to figure this out but i still hv no idea what it is.. 😅😅
Same here I am currently staying in Uae right now. My husbands contract ends 5th of September he needs to cancell my visa to get a clearance from work. I really don't know what to do. They got my passport. Is it possible to request it back? Then just wait for my visa in Philippines? Visa applied 19th of July.
Old Aug 24th 2017, 2:04 pm
Just Joined

Sophie28 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Thea1526
Same here I am currently staying in Uae right now. My husbands contract ends 5th of September he needs to cancell my visa to get a clearance from work. I really don't know what to do. They got my passport. Is it possible to request it back? Then just wait for my visa in Philippines?
Hi Thea,

I feel you. I am alone in Brunei and trust me, i have been stucked here for 9 weeks now. My hometown is just 20 minutes drive across the border and guess what, my passport is in Philipine and it kills me that i cant even go back to my family. Brunei is not a best place to stay for it is small and lack of entertainment 😓 But what else can i do but to suck it up and wait patiently. I doubt that we could ask it back and risk being refused after we pay a huge amount of money for the visa application. Hang in there, you are not alone. 😉
Old Aug 24th 2017, 2:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

j4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond repute

It's become a money making business - toying with people's lives. Sick of it.
Old Aug 24th 2017, 2:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

j4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scousejohn

It really is so stupid its becoming a bit amusing! But only a bit!
Listening to the agent squirm under my interrogation was also very satisfying!
They truly dont have a clue what is going on!
And they dont have any feedback from the home office so literally just a messaging service so sheffield does not have to deal with us.
What a joke.
They'd rather just have pre-taped responses instead, they ain't going to tell you anything at all. Useless, just like UKVI and the HO.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.