Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Jul 19th 2017, 4:23 pm
Just Joined

RichInna is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

I made the call and got cut off and had to call again at extra cost.... ggrrrrrrrr

Well it has been escalated on the 17th July, still no idea how long this will take, but I do hope soon.. they did receive all the emails but did not respond, passed onto Head Office so we shall see.. I will keep you updated..

Contact details for those that need it below...

https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk

Contact UK Visas and Immigration in English
You can call or email English-speaking staff with a question about your application.

By phone
Telephone: 00 44 203 481 1736
Monday to Friday, 24 hours
Calls cost £1.37 per minute on top of your standard network charges.

By email
Email UK Visas and Immigration.
Emails enquiries cost £5.48. You won’t be charged for any follow-up emails about the same enquiry.

You’ll get a reply to your email within 2 days, except on Saturdays, Sundays and UK public holidays.
Old Jul 19th 2017, 5:08 pm
Forum Regular

Colesy898 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by RichInna
I made the call and got cut off and had to call again at extra cost.... ggrrrrrrrr

Well it has been escalated on the 17th July, still no idea how long this will take, but I do hope soon.. they did receive all the emails but did not respond, passed onto Head Office so we shall see.. I will keep you updated..

Contact details for those that need it below...

https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk

Contact UK Visas and Immigration in English
You can call or email English-speaking staff with a question about your application.

By phone
Telephone: 00 44 203 481 1736
Monday to Friday, 24 hours
Calls cost £1.37 per minute on top of your standard network charges.

By email
Email UK Visas and Immigration.
Emails enquiries cost £5.48. You won’t be charged for any follow-up emails about the same enquiry.

You’ll get a reply to your email within 2 days, except on Saturdays, Sundays and UK public holidays.
I just called them again and they said they still can't escalate it until the 60 days I quoted two timelines saying that ours is the same time as your and that yours was escalated 2 days ago and I also said about the person who's case was escalated after 15 days, but he still said no
Do you have any of the wording you sent in your email so I am try to get our lawyer to send another email that might help.
I'm so stressed and depressed right now and the email reply from the complaint has just made me feel 10 times worse
Old Jul 19th 2017, 5:11 pm
Forum Regular

london_2005 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Colesy898
I just called them again and they said they still can't escalate it until the 60 days I quoted two timelines saying that ours is the same time as your and that yours was escalated 2 days ago and I also said about the person who's case was escalated after 15 days, but he still said no
Do you have any of the wording you sent in your email so I am try to get our lawyer to send another email that might help.
I'm so stressed and depressed right now and the email reply from the complaint has just made me feel 10 times worse
Same for me, been told it cannot be escalated before 60 days - how did you manage that?
Old Jul 19th 2017, 5:47 pm
Just Joined

RichInna is an unknown quantity at this point

I sent an email quoting SLAs were not met and that website quoted 70% of applications were being processed within those times at the time of application, also stated that they were advertising on TLScontact site 10-15days for priority and misleading clients. Also mentioned that they are not letting customers know that they are having delays in Sheffield and being honest about what is happening.

Stern but seems to have done something.

Not sure this was the best approach but I had to try.
Old Jul 19th 2017, 9:35 pm
Just Joined

LizaB is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Chat about UK Spouse Visa . - off topic posts re timeline v chat threads

Hi Everyone

Anyone waiting from March?

Application submitted postal non-priority - 20th March

Solicitor received confirmation email 23rd March

Bio- 19th April

Addional documents requested 19th May

Documents sent 30th May

Letter complex 6th of June. Hope to have a decision by 1st Aug, will confirm in letter if not possible.

Checked online application status - updated 2nd June. Awaiting a decision

Applied extension within uk. Family first abroad holiday booked a year ago. Suppose to be leaving 8th Aug. 3 weeks 😐 letter from Solicitor sent to sheffield Monday past raising concerns. Stressed!
Old Jul 19th 2017, 10:28 pm
Just Joined

Laciuk has a reputation beyond reputeLaciuk has a reputation beyond reputeLaciuk has a reputation beyond reputeLaciuk has a reputation beyond reputeLaciuk has a reputation beyond reputeLaciuk has a reputation beyond reputeLaciuk has a reputation beyond reputeLaciuk has a reputation beyond reputeLaciuk has a reputation beyond reputeLaciuk has a reputation beyond reputeLaciuk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chat about UK Spouse Visa . - off topic posts re timeline v chat threads

Originally Posted by LizaB
Hi Everyone

Bio- 19th April

Documents sent 30th May

Letter complex 6th of June. Hope to have a decision by 1st Aug, will confirm in letter if not possible.

Applied extension within uk. Family first abroad holiday booked a year ago. Suppose to be leaving 8th Aug. 3 weeks 😐 letter from Solicitor sent to sheffield Monday past raising concerns. Stressed!
Hi,
How did you check the application process?
What reference number you used?
What country you applying from?
I taught is everything scanned to Sheffield?! Not post.....
Thanks
Old Jul 19th 2017, 10:51 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Laciuk
Hi,
How did you check the application process?
What reference number you used?
What country you applying from?
I taught is everything scanned to Sheffield?! Not post.....

Thanks
Hey,

Iv applied within the uk, northern ireland. Yes defo post. Iv used the case id 022.....drop the 0.

https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/app/visa_application/checkvisastatus
Old Jul 19th 2017, 11:12 pm
Forum Regular

PaManjang is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Blackpearl
Application date 23 march
Sent to sheffield 30 march
Got an email that there is a delay.
Anybody waitig since march?
I've been waiting since April 19th, got email on 59th working day saying my case isn't straight forward so won't be processed in the targeted 60 working day period.
Still waiting, pls leu us know when you hear anything.
Old Jul 20th 2017, 12:17 am
Forum Regular

PaManjang is an unknown quantity at this point

Spouse visa application submitted 19th April 2017.
Received email on 59th working day stating that my application isn't straightforward and won't be decided within the target 60 working days.
Wife wrote to local MP on 19th July 2017 and she replied saying she spoke to UKVI and they said they have an upper limit of 6 months to complete applications including mine and that this was made clear to me at the time of my application.
I would be grateful if BritInParis or anyone could help me with this 6month upper Limit because I've never heard of it and wasn't mentioned during my application.
Applying from Gambia. Would be nice to hear from a Gambia applicant by the way.
Thanks.
Old Jul 20th 2017, 2:54 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by PaManjang
Spouse visa application submitted 19th April 2017.
Received email on 59th working day stating that my application isn't straightforward and won't be decided within the target 60 working days.
Wife wrote to local MP on 19th July 2017 and she replied saying she spoke to UKVI and they said they have an upper limit of 6 months to complete applications including mine and that this was made clear to me at the time of my application.
I would be grateful if BritInParis or anyone could help me with this 6month upper Limit because I've never heard of it and wasn't mentioned during my application.
Applying from Gambia. Would be nice to hear from a Gambia applicant by the way.
Thanks.
The MP may be referring to this.

Customers applying for settlement from outside the UK.
95% of settlement applications within 12 weeks of the application date and 100% within 24 weeks of the application date (where 1 week is 5 working days)

From here
Old Jul 20th 2017, 4:42 am
Forum Regular

hullmonkey is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone

Bio- 19th April

Documents sent 30th May

Hi Liza
I understand that applications inside the UK are given a target of 6 months maximum processing time rather the target of 3 months for overseas applications. To be honest I think this is good way of prioritizing as once in the country a lot of the pressure of being apart and waiting is gone.

I sympathise with your problems regarding your holiday arrangements as we are in the same situation having planned a family holiday on 11th August and out of 16 people who will be travelling it looks like my wife will be the only person who cannot attend. She may get her UK visa (based on 60 days)in time but there wont be enough time left for her Schengen visa application. We thought we had plenty of time for the holiday when we made the application based on the processing time of 30 days for 100% of applications made in March. The 5 'P's must apply to the UK immigration services consolidation of application handling.
Old Jul 20th 2017, 6:19 am
Forum Regular

Blackpearl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PaManjang
I've been waiting since April 19th, got email on 59th working day saying my case isn't straight forward so won't be processed in the targeted 60 workingp day period.
Still waiting, pls leu us know when you hear anything.
Oh same here .. they mentioned the same thing that the case is nt straight forward.. really? Its soo irritating +stresful ...
Old Jul 20th 2017, 6:46 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by hullmonkey
Hi Liza
I understand that applications inside the UK are given a target of 6 months maximum processing time rather the target of 3 months for overseas applications. To be honest I think this is good way of prioritizing as once in the country a lot of the pressure of being apart and waiting is gone.

I sympathise with your problems regarding your holiday arrangements as we are in the same situation having planned a family holiday on 11th August and out of 16 people who will be travelling it looks like my wife will be the only person who cannot attend. She may get her UK visa (based on 60 days)in time but there wont be enough time left for her Schengen visa application. We thought we had plenty of time for the holiday when we made the application based on the processing time of 30 days for 100% of applications made in March. The 5 'P's must apply to the UK immigration services consolidation of application handling.
Hey Hullmonkey,

Thanks for commenting back. I have my solicitor do all the work for me. I have spoken with him regards to my concerns. As the HO stated in a letter a descision will be made by 1st Aug. Iv phoned HO myself and spoke to a lady who was actually very nice! She said that she was going to forward an email to my caseworker. Iv never been told 6 months. I know my flr fp application was 6 months.

I wouldnt have cared much of this holiday if it were just my husband and I. But being my childrens first. Id be utterly gutted if i didnt get.
😥

Hope this wont be the case and your wife can spend her holidays will you all. Good luck

Last edited by LizaB; Jul 20th 2017 at 6:49 am.
Old Jul 20th 2017, 7:16 am
Forum Regular

hullmonkey is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Hullmonkey,

Thanks for commenting back. I have my solicitor do all the work for me. I have spoken with him regards to my concerns. As the HO stated in a letter a descision will be made by 1st Aug. Iv phoned HO myself and spoke to a lady who was actually very nice! She said that she was going to forward an email to my caseworker. Iv never been told 6 months. I know my flr fp application was 6 months.

I wouldnt have cared much of this holiday if it were just my husband and I. But being my childrens first. Id be utterly gutted if i didnt get.
😥

Hope this wont be the case and your wife can spend her holidays will you all. Good luck
Good Luck Liza.
Old Jul 20th 2017, 8:16 am
Forum Regular

london_2005 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Hullmonkey,

😥

Hi Liza,

"Iv phoned HO myself" - is there a direct number to contact HO ? If so, can you share with us ? The only number I can call for querying the status is the call centre - which is useless

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.