Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Jul 9th 2017, 10:37 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chat about UK Spouse Visa . - off topic posts re timeline v chat threads

I had no idea you'd had all that trouble BEVS, what a pain in the proverbial

As for the other - it was good of you to create a thread for people to chat about having difficulties/delays with their visas, especially since the Immigration forums need to be kept tight so that others can easily search and find the info they're looking for.

Never mind, most people are appreciative of the time and effort moderators put in to providing a forum that has helped so many, not only steering them towards the right visa but also saving them from some very costly mistakes. And isn't it lovely when someone says 'thank you'!
Old Jul 9th 2017, 11:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chat about UK Spouse Visa . - off topic posts re timeline v chat threads

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
I had no idea you'd had all that trouble BEVS, what a pain in the proverbial

As for the other - it was good of you to create a thread for people to chat about having difficulties/delays with their visas, especially since the Immigration forums need to be kept tight so that others can easily search and find the info they're looking for.

Never mind, most people are appreciative of the time and effort moderators put in to providing a forum that has helped so many, not only steering them towards the right visa but also saving them from some very costly mistakes. And isn't it lovely when someone says 'thank you'!
I agree, I am sure we all grateful for having a forum on which we can ask questions, vent our frustrations and celebrate our own and others' successes. I certainly am! We all have our stories to tell and I doubt if anyone has gone through the visa process without stress to some degree. The patience and understanding of the mods and expert posters is something one should never take for granted.
Old Jul 10th 2017, 1:46 am
Forum Regular

Missl73 is a name known to allMissl73 is a name known to allMissl73 is a name known to allMissl73 is a name known to allMissl73 is a name known to allMissl73 is a name known to allMissl73 is a name known to allMissl73 is a name known to allMissl73 is a name known to allMissl73 is a name known to allMissl73 is a name known to all
Default re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Hi Rich

We are in the same boat, paid priority still waiting +30 days, homeless and jobless relying on the kindness of friends and family while we wait to move as we thought we'd be gone 3 weeks ago, although fortunately we are still together in Australia not separated while we wait.

Our case was escalated in late June and I got an email saying I'd hear back from that escalation within 15 working days which would be tomorrow so if I don't hear I'll contact again and let you know how we go!!

Totally empathise with your situation - I found the reverse application (when I the Brit moved to Aus) infinitely better. Fewer "extra" costs, better communicated, easier to complete all in all a world apart from the British system. If the priority service was private people would be up in arms and refusing to pay for something they get no evidence actually gives them anything, but because we have no choice they take our money and we get no guarantees - it's a joke! The current times for Melbourne where we applied say 40% processed in 30 days so if we aren't making it into that number and we paid priority it makes me really sceptical that they really honour that at all - I tried to find out what proportion of people pay priority both by asking directly and through a freedom of information request and they refused to answer both....!

Fingers crossed for you, you hear soon!! 🤞🏼

Last edited by Missl73; Jul 10th 2017 at 2:07 am.
Old Jul 10th 2017, 6:34 am
Forum Regular

Colesy898 is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow, I never said I wasn't grateful or appreciative I was just saying how it is from this side. How many people have posted on this thread compared to the timeline thread? Anyway I didn't say what I said to get attacked. I'm sure I will get attacked again for this post too.
Old Jul 10th 2017, 8:18 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Colesy898
Wow, I never said I wasn't grateful or appreciative I was just saying how it is from this side. How many people have posted on this thread compared to the timeline thread? Anyway I didn't say what I said to get attacked. I'm sure I will get attacked again for this post too.
Colesy, the post you made previously was a sensible and fair one and I meant to comment on it saying just that, sorry I didn't.

This waiting, waiting, waiting for a decision is absolutely horrible and probably one of the most stressful things any of us have ever done. While I'm sure that the Sheffield staff are doing their best, I'm still blinking in disbelief that the higher-ups thought they could bring all that off-shore processing back to the UK while not increasing staff levels and not advising that processing times would increase. Madness.

I hope you get good news really soon
Old Jul 10th 2017, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

Colesy, the post you made previously was a sensible and fair one and I meant to comment on it saying just that, sorry I didn't.

This waiting, waiting, waiting for a decision is absolutely horrible and probably one of the most stressful things any of us have ever done. While I'm sure that the Sheffield staff are doing their best, I'm still blinking in disbelief that the higher-ups thought they could bring all that off-shore processing back to the UK while not increasing staff levels and not advising that processing times would increase. Madness.

I hope you get good news really soon
I hope so too! I think what annoys me most is not the fact that there are delays but it's the fact there was no warning (and still isn't) the TLSContact site still states a 15 working day turn around for priority and the couple of times I have called UKVI they have not apologiesed and explained that there are delays. It annoys me most that they don't seem to be accepting there is a problem, I would rather they were just open and honest about the delays from the start then there would be much less panic. I guess it's a good way for them to get more money out of people calling and emailing for an update.
Old Jul 10th 2017, 12:07 pm
Concierge

I hope so too! I think what annoys me most is not the fact that there are delays but it's the fact there was no warning (and still isn't) the TLSContact site still states a 15 working day turn around for priority and the couple of times I have called UKVI they have not apologiesed and explained that there are delays. It annoys me most that they don't seem to be accepting there is a problem, I would rather they were just open and honest about the delays from the start then there would be much less panic. I guess it's a good way for them to get more money out of people calling and emailing for an update.
Yep, a 'we stuffed up and we're sorry' would go a long way about now. Also updating the processing times, that's probably even more important.
Old Jul 10th 2017, 12:24 pm
Forum Regular

Yep, a 'we stuffed up and we're sorry' would go a long way about now. Also updating the processing times, that's probably even more important.
I agree, and also think hey should show processing times for both priority and non so that people can make a decision if it's worth it. I really could have done with an extra £600 right about now!
Old Jul 10th 2017, 1:36 pm
Concierge

I agree, and also think hey should show processing times for both priority and non so that people can make a decision if it's worth it. I really could have done with an extra £600 right about now!
That's the only one I'm not sure about, showing the processing times for priority and standard. I suppose how quickly they get to the priority ones depends on how many people go that way, and they wouldn't know until they get them? You'll undoubtedly get yours processed more quickly than someone who applied from the same place at the same time, but didn't go priority. Not that that helps much when you're waiting weeks over the stated processing time, it's a right piss off.

I'll be applying for my further leave to remain spouse visa next year - I'm too scared to check how much they've gone up! Just as well I like it here
Old Jul 11th 2017, 4:10 am
Just Joined

azimahmed is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by RichInna
Dear all

I wanted to create a thread where we can all (if you want) discuss your issues and worries, quite a few of us from previous threads have paid the priority service and have succumbed to the new and very slack service from Sheffield.

Feel free to vent off here and let your feelings out, we all need to have somewhere and someone to talk to and maybe the support of others will help you.

I for one have found previous threads helpful just reading your stories and problems and successes, so dont be shy get talking.

My wife and I applied 16th May paying the new extortionate priority fee (on top of the new visa fees) and was told by TLScontact it would be done in 10-15days max, now 37 working days and nothing, calls and emails have proven to be useless and inconsistent, so as it stands my wife and I are still apart, I needed surgery and had postponed it in the hopes she would be with me, no such luck. I had surgery 4 days ago and feel pretty down by all of this, Its not just the visa that hurts its the waiting the worry the stress, the extra unplanned financial burden the list goes on, but mostly missing someone so much and unable to see them.

I plan to email again this week and will let you know the response we get.

Rich
Unfortunately, you may have to wait for around the 50th to 57th working day before it comes as that is the most common arrival time at present for most.
Old Jul 11th 2017, 4:14 am
Just Joined

azimahmed is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Missl73
Hi Rich

We are in the same boat, paid priority still waiting +30 days, homeless and jobless relying on the kindness of friends and family while we wait to move as we thought we'd be gone 3 weeks ago, although fortunately we are still together in Australia not separated while we wait.

Our case was escalated in late June and I got an email saying I'd hear back from that escalation within 15 working days which would be tomorrow so if I don't hear I'll contact again and let you know how we go!!

Totally empathise with your situation - I found the reverse application (when I the Brit moved to Aus) infinitely better. Fewer "extra" costs, better communicated, easier to complete all in all a world apart from the British system. If the priority service was private people would be up in arms and refusing to pay for something they get no evidence actually gives them anything, but because we have no choice they take our money and we get no guarantees - it's a joke! The current times for Melbourne where we applied say 40% processed in 30 days so if we aren't making it into that number and we paid priority it makes me really sceptical that they really honour that at all - I tried to find out what proportion of people pay priority both by asking directly and through a freedom of information request and they refused to answer both....!

Fingers crossed for you, you hear soon!! 🤞🏼
Unfortunately, priority service doesn't count for much nowadays.

I think you should also expect your around the same, 50th working day before you get a response from them.
Old Jul 11th 2017, 12:26 pm
Forum Regular

Missl73 is a name known to allMissl73 is a name known to allMissl73 is a name known to allMissl73 is a name known to allMissl73 is a name known to allMissl73 is a name known to allMissl73 is a name known to allMissl73 is a name known to allMissl73 is a name known to allMissl73 is a name known to allMissl73 is a name known to all

Better than expected, we heard today decision has been made so escalating worked!! Obviously we don't know which way the decision went yet but we expect to get the paperwork soon.

For those interested this was our process:
- priority application made late May
- biometrics 3 days after online application form submitted
- less than 24 hours between biometrics appointment (where all our documents were scanned and sent) and email saying documents have been received in Sheffield
- after 17 working days from confirmation of receipt, we emailed to say the 15 day SLA for priority had not been met, in response we were asked to complete and return an escalation form which we did that same day (21 June)
- further emails confirmed we should hear back from the date of escalation within 15 working days (that was today)
- we emailed again today to say that 15 working days had passed since escalation and within 2 hours they replied saying a decision on our application has been made.

Total time 33 working days. Based on today's decision email it's now up to 10 working days until we receive paperwork confirming whether we have been accepted or not but we are hopeful

Clearly my husband's passport is still with UKVI in Melbourne given it took less than 24 hours to get the email from Sheffield confirming they'd received everything (a physical impossibility if it was actually posted) so we are optimistic it won't take the whole 10 days but we'll let you know!
Old Jul 11th 2017, 1:10 pm
Forum Regular

london_2005 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Missl73
Better than expected, we heard today decision has been made so escalating worked!! Obviously we don't know which way the decision went yet but we expect to get the paperwork soon.

For those interested this was our process:
- priority application made late May
- biometrics 3 days after online application form submitted
- less than 24 hours between biometrics appointment (where all our documents were scanned and sent) and email saying documents have been received in Sheffield
- after 17 working days from confirmation of receipt, we emailed to say the 15 day SLA for priority had not been met, in response we were asked to complete and return an escalation form which we did that same day (21 June)
- further emails confirmed we should hear back from the date of escalation within 15 working days (that was today)
- we emailed again today to say that 15 working days had passed since escalation and within 2 hours they replied saying a decision on our application has been made.

Total time 33 working days. Based on today's decision email it's now up to 10 working days until we receive paperwork confirming whether we have been accepted or not but we are hopeful

Clearly my husband's passport is still with UKVI in Melbourne given it took less than 24 hours to get the email from Sheffield confirming they'd received everything (a physical impossibility if it was actually posted) so we are optimistic it won't take the whole 10 days but we'll let you know!
well , congratulations!! but how did you manage to escalate after 15 days as I've been told twice that they can only escalate after 60 days even though it's a priority application ?
Old Jul 11th 2017, 4:09 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by london_2005
well , congratulations!! but how did you manage to escalate after 15 days as I've been told twice that they can only escalate after 60 days even though it's a priority application ?
I'm not sure... I can't find the first email I sent I have a feeling it's because I used the online form. From memory I simply stated that they hadn't met their SLA for priority processing and that was disappointing given the website said 70% of applications were being processed in 15 days (which was true at the time but has since been updated) so we'd be expecting a refund if non-priority applications were getting approved ahead of ours.

This is the reply I got copied and pasted exactly:

"Thank you for contacting UK Visa and Immigration International enquiry service. Please accept our apologies for the delay in replying.

In regards to your query about the status of your application, your application is being considered and is currently awaiting approval. This was last updated 31st May. I understand this has taken more time than service level agreement therefore, I will need to escalate the matter. For me to do so can you please fill out the form below in order:

* Applicant's full name:
* GWF Reference number:
* IHS Reference number (if applicable):
* Place of submission (City&Country):
* Type of visa applied for:
* Date of biometrics:
* Nationality:
* Applicant's Email:
* Brief Reason for escalation:

Please note priority service does not guarantee that you will receive a decision within certain number of days. It only means that your application would be put in front of the queue. We aim to complete priority applications as soon as possible however it may get delayed due to several factors.

We have service levels. We aim to complete 90% of non-settlement applications within 3 weeks, 98% within 6 weeks and 100% within 12 weeks of the application date (where 1 week is 5 working days) and 95% of settlement applications within 12 weeks of the application date and 100% within 24 weeks of the application date (where 1 week is 5 working days).

Please note that the onus is upon individual customers to ensure that they satisfy the requirements set out in the guidance material. The guidance material accompanies each and every application form. UK Visa and Immigration is not able to give, indicate or advise upon the outcome of any such application prior to it being given full and careful consideration.

Directing you to the guidance material is the only advice we can give you. If you need any further help you should seek independent immigration advice. Immigration advisors can help you with immigration matters, including completion of forms and representing you at a tribunal. The Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC) regulates immigration advisors, which means they must meet certain standards.

Please see the link below to find an immigration advisor:

https://www.gov.uk/find-an-immigration-adviser

Regards,

Nadia
UK Visas and Immigration"
Old Jul 11th 2017, 4:27 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by london_2005
Agreed I have been told the same too!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.