Meeting the financial requirement UK spouse visa

Old Jul 28th 2021, 3:08 pm
Just Joined

camila is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Meeting the financial requirement UK spouse visa

Hi everyone. I need some help regarding the financial requirement for the UK spouse visa
Me and my civil partner have been living together in Chile for the last 4 years (I´m Chilean and he is a British citizen). Now we are planning to move to the UK as we want to start our lives there.
He just got a job in the UK so he will leave soon and I will apply to the visa from here. His job offer meets the financial requirement and it starts in less than 3 months, but he hasnt been working here in the last 12 months because his visa here was never granted so he couldnt legally work here. We have been living here from my job which is more than enough for both of us and also above the financial requirement for the uk. I have cash savings above 16.000.
Basically, we are switching roles so there will be no loss of income and we will still be above the financial requirement, but based on what we have read we wouldnt meet the financial requirement because he has been unable to work for the last 12 months. Is there any way around this?

Also, Im planning to convalidate my degree in the uk but that would take more than a year due to multiple exams, so is not possible for me to exercise my profession in the uk right now so I wouldnt be able to get a work sponsor for my profession.

In which financial category we can apply?
Old Jul 28th 2021, 11:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Meeting the financial requirement UK spouse visa

To apply using your sponsor's income he would have to return to the UK and be in this new job for 6 months, and then you apply for the visa.
You then apply under Cat A

https://assets.publishing.service.go...t-v7.0-ext.pdf

See Page 19..... Category A: With current employer for 6 months or more – person residing in the UK