Married in uk while visiting would this be a problem?

Old Sep 23rd 2016, 10:14 pm
Just Joined

Ytsejam007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Married in uk while visiting would this be a problem?

Hi all am new here just wanted to ask any advice, i married my wife in England while i was visiting friends, my country didn't need visas to visiting up to six months, we went to the register office and after an interview we got married 15 days later , later that year they put a law that foreing people who wants to get married in england without a visa the register office have to inform the home office, after we got married we realized that there was no way to apply in England to stay there so my wife and i decided that i should go back to my country and apply for a spouse visa , we tried a visitor visa and it was refuse because my employment situation, i was self-employed and it wasn't enough for them but they never mentioned i did something wrong marrying in england i sent original marriage certificate, also we wrote about applying for a spouse visa in the near future and they said we checked your wife bank statements and she doesn't meet the minimum of the financial requirement , but they said i considered you have a good reason to visit your wife, now we meet the finacial requirement by far and we have all the proof of relationship i don't know if the fact that we got married there is going to be a problem to get the visa , can anyone advises me what to expect thanks.
Old Sep 23rd 2016, 10:22 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Married in uk while visiting would this be a problem?

Originally Posted by Ytsejam007
Hi all am new here just wanted to ask any advice, i married my wife in England while i was visiting friends, my country didn't need visas to visiting up to six months, we went to the register office and after an interview we got married 15 days later , later that year they put a law that foreing people who wants to get married in england without a visa the register office have to inform the home office, after we got married we realized that there was no way to apply in England to stay there so my wife and i decided that i should go back to my country and apply for a spouse visa , we tried a visitor visa and it was refuse because my employment situation, i was self-employed and it wasn't enough for them but they never mentioned i did something wrong marrying in england i sent original marriage certificate, also we wrote about applying for a spouse visa in the near future and they said we checked your wife bank statements and she doesn't meet the minimum of the financial requirement , but they said i considered you have a good reason to visit your wife, now we meet the finacial requirement by far and we have all the proof of relationship i don't know if the fact that we got married there is going to be a problem to get the visa , can anyone advises me what to expect thanks.
So when you got married, that was BEFORE they brought in the law about neeeding a visa to marry in the UK?
Old Sep 23rd 2016, 10:28 pm
Just Joined

No the law about the register office need to inform the home office , before the register office only made interviews and if they thought it was not genuine they call home office. A solicitor in england told my wife we are going to be fine as long we meet all the requirements but i haven't found anyone in a similar situation.this was in 2014.

Last edited by Ytsejam007; Sep 23rd 2016 at 10:38 pm. Reason: Forgot to say everything happened in 2014
Old Sep 23rd 2016, 10:52 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

If you are a non-EU national and you come to the UK with the express purpose of getting married then you should apply in advance for a Marriage Visitor visa.

If you were given Leave to Enter the UK at the border as a visitor and spontaneously decided to get married once you had entered the country then that is within the law providing the registrar is satisfied that the relationship is genuine. So long as you left the UK before your six months was up then you would be fine.
Old Sep 23rd 2016, 11:20 pm
Just Joined

Yes we meet in january and got married in end of april , leave in may 2 days after my 6 moths expired but the solicitor said that is not consider as overstayed we communicated using whatsapp so i have the very first messages when i was knowing my wife i think this can clearly show that we never meet before and the marriage wasn't planned at all and we decided to apply for the spouse visa in my country.
Old Sep 23rd 2016, 11:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Your history is very difficult to understand, and not sure that anyone could be specific as to whether you would succeed with a spouse visa or not - however, if you don't apply you won't know will you?

So take your chances and apply.
Old Sep 24th 2016, 12:08 am
Just Joined

Thanks for reply , i just want to know what other people know, could be someone who had a similar situation that could give me a good advice i know every situation is different, in another forum i read someone who got the visa this year marrying in england on a 11 month visitor student visa and applying in england but i'll be applying from my own country maybe here could be another person who did the same or something similar.
Old Sep 24th 2016, 12:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for reply , i just want to know what other people know, could be someone who had a similar situation that could give me a good advice i know every situation is different, in another forum i read someone who got the visa this year marrying in england on a 11 month visitor student visa and applying in england but i'll be applying from my own country maybe here could be another person who did the same or something similar.
There is no 11 month visitor visa. Sounds like the person in your example above had a student visa. One is allowed to apply and marry in the UK while on a legitimate student visa.
Old Sep 24th 2016, 12:15 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing you've said makes me think you'll have a problem obtaining a spouse visa providing you meet the rest of the normal requirements.
Old Sep 24th 2016, 12:28 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Nothing you've said makes me think you'll have a problem obtaining a spouse visa providing you meet the rest of the normal requirements.
Yes i've been trying to find out if someone in a similar position was successful because on a Facebook group people think is very high the possibility of refusal , of course i am worry this is the first time we are going to apply for a spouse visa my wife and i been living separate for 2 years and a half and we can only afford to visit 3 weeks per year, we meet the financial requirement through cash savings she has just sold her home and i am worry all this effort for nothing that makes sense?
Old Sep 24th 2016, 1:03 am

Yes i've been trying to find out if someone in a similar position was successful because on a Facebook group people think is very high the possibility of refusal , of course i am worry this is the first time we are going to apply for a spouse visa my wife and i been living separate for 2 years and a half and we can only afford to visit 3 weeks per year, we meet the financial requirement through cash savings she has just sold her home and i am worry all this effort for nothing that makes sense?
What is their reasoning? Also which passport do you hold?
Old Sep 24th 2016, 1:28 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
What is their reasoning? Also which passport do you hold?
i hold a Venezuelan passport since may 2014 we need visa to visit uk, people think they will just refuse for getting marry there without a fiance visa but most of the people there are from countries that have always need visa to visit uk i haven't founded someone who has done it in thr similar circumstances. One person said if i can prove it wasn't planned we'll be ok like i said before luckily i have our very first messages when we were knowing each other.
Old Sep 24th 2016, 3:09 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

i hold a Venezuelan passport since may 2014 we need visa to visit uk, people think they will just refuse for getting marry there without a fiance visa but most of the people there are from countries that have always need visa to visit uk i haven't founded someone who has done it in thr similar circumstances. One person said if i can prove it wasn't planned we'll be ok like i said before luckily i have our very first messages when we were knowing each other.
You need to listen to someone who knows the law (eg BritinParis) rather than people gossiping on a facebook group
Old Sep 24th 2016, 9:28 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
You need to listen to someone who knows the law (eg BritinParis) rather than people gossiping on a facebook group
Old Sep 24th 2016, 12:47 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Thank you yes maybe i am being paranoid.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.