Wikiposts

Married 2 Yrs to Filipina in Phil's. Return to UK?

Old Apr 16th 2015, 9:33 pm
Just Joined

chocLog is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Married 2 Yrs to Filipina in Phil's. Return to UK?

Hi all,

I have been away from UK for 5.5 yrs, last 4 yrs living & working in Philippines. Met my wife 4 yrs ago, married 2 years ago and recently had a baby (now 6 mths old). My wife has a 6 year old son from previous relationship (local) who I support as if he was my own.

I'm getting fed up with Asia and feeling homesick for UK (rightly or wrongly), am thinking about returning. The job i have in Phil's is commission based but I earn fairly decent money, well over the 18,600 GBP required etc. I do not own any property in UK or have much savings (20-30k GBP).

Will the UK Gov take my bank records into account whilst I've been working here in Phil's, does this count?

My 6 math old daughter is rightfully due a British passport as I understand. I have just received her local Filipino passport and was thinking of getting her a visitors visa (along with my wife) then taking her to the passport office to process her UK passport. Q- what do they require to facilitate this?

I have a brother who lives in Hamburg, Germany so if needed could go impose on them for a few months and get a job of some sort before getting us all into UK if this was a last resort.

Could someone explain in layman terms what my options are etc.?

I am 51 yrs old, Type 2 diabetic and not in the greatest of health which is another reason for going back to UK.

Any sensible guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

P.S I really miss a decent ruby!
Old Apr 16th 2015, 9:43 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Married 2 Yrs to Filipina in Phil's. Return to UK?

Originally Posted by chocLog
Hi all,

I have been away from UK for 5.5 yrs, last 4 yrs living & working in Philippines. Met my wife 4 yrs ago, married 2 years ago and recently had a baby (now 6 mths old). My wife has a 6 year old son from previous relationship (local) who I support as if he was my own.

I'm getting fed up with Asia and feeling homesick for UK (rightly or wrongly), am thinking about returning. The job i have in Phil's is commission based but I earn fairly decent money, well over the 18,600 GBP required etc. I do not own any property in UK or have much savings (20-30k GBP).

Will the UK Gov take my bank records into account whilst I've been working here in Phil's, does this count?

My 6 math old daughter is rightfully due a British passport as I understand. I have just received her local Filipino passport and was thinking of getting her a visitors visa (along with my wife) then taking her to the passport office to process her UK passport. Q- what do they require to facilitate this?

I have a brother who lives in Hamburg, Germany so if needed could go impose on them for a few months and get a job of some sort before getting us all into UK if this was a last resort.

Could someone explain in layman terms what my options are etc.?

I am 51 yrs old, Type 2 diabetic and not in the greatest of health which is another reason for going back to UK.

Any sensible guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

P.S I really miss a decent ruby!
You will need a spouse visa, details are here

Spouse Immigration-UK : British Expat Wiki

You will have to have job earning sufficient for your wife and her son, no financial requirement for you and daughter as daughter is a British Citizen, but it would be better to get her a British Passport before moving. You will also need written permission from the son's father before he can come with you.

You would have to be earning £22,400 a year to sponsor both.

The Surinder Singh route does seem to be open for you as you say you have a brother living in Germany.

details here.

Surinder Singh : British Expat Wiki
Old Apr 16th 2015, 11:20 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mikelincs
You will need a spouse visa, details are here

Spouse Immigration-UK : British Expat Wiki

You will have to have job earning sufficient for your wife and her son, no financial requirement for you and daughter as daughter is a British Citizen, but it would be better to get her a British Passport before moving. You will also need written permission from the son's father before he can come with you.

You would have to be earning £22,400 a year to sponsor both.

The Surinder Singh route does seem to be open for you as you say you have a brother living in Germany.

details here.

Surinder Singh : British Expat Wiki
Thanks Mike.

When you say I need to be earning £20,400.00 GBP p.a, I have a commission based job whereby my com's go into my Isle of Man bank account from the HK Co., that i work for in Phil's. Will the UK gov take this into account? Someone said I had to be earning that money in UK, if that is the case how can I do that when I'm living and working offshore in Phil's?

It all sounds like a nightmare to be honest... I do not want my family split up.
Old Apr 17th 2015, 2:09 am
BE Forum Addict

formula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond repute

When you say I need to be earning £20,400.00 GBP p.a, I have a commission based job whereby my com's go into my Isle of Man bank account from the HK Co., that i work for in Phil's. Will the UK gov take this into account? Someone said I had to be earning that money in UK, if that is the case how can I do that when I'm living and working offshore in Phil's?
The reason you have to earn £22,400 in the UK too, is to show that you can support your wife and stepson when they move to the UK without the need for too much benefits.

If you earn at least £22,400 now and can get a guaranteed job in the UK earning at least £22,400 within 3 months of your returning to the UK, then your wife and stepson can apply for a visa from their own country as soon as you get that guaranteed job (as long as your wife can prove she is allowed to remove her son from his country as Mike said).

If you don't earn £22,400 now, then another catagory for sponsorshop is for you to return to the UK and earn at least £22,400 for at least 6 months. When you have 6 months worth of payslips and the bank statements to match, your wife and stepson can then apply for visas from their own country.

Definitley get your daughter's UK passport as soon as possible.

Last edited by formula; Apr 17th 2015 at 2:23 am.
Old Apr 17th 2015, 3:03 am
Just Joined

That 22,400 GBP- is that before or after tax (net or gross)?

My daughter has just been sent her Filipino passport. Best take her & mummy on visitor visa to UK to apply for her British Passport. We'll have 50% of the family with full British rights & 50% without any.

What an insult to humanity. All these families being broken up, the mental abuse that UK gov are inflicting on decent hard working Britsh subjects.

I read stories of murderers not being deported from UK because of their human rights- WTF!!!!

I left the UK looking for work opportunities over 7 years ago, now married with a 6 Mth old baby & step son but we can't just jump on a flight and go back to my country of birth (as a family)!!!! It's a disgrace...
Old Apr 17th 2015, 4:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Actually there are very few countries in the world where a citizen can just jump on a plane and take their non citizen family with them; however that is a topic well argued on this forum.

To answer your question the 22,400 is gross (before tax)

You need to read the following document carefully to see how you qualify under the financial requirements. Based on your own situation you need to qualify under either Cat A or B for income related qualification or the savings route

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...equirement.pdf

Whichever route you take your wife cannot enter the UK on a visitor visa and then apply from within the UK. She must have her immigrant visa before moving to the UK.
Old Apr 17th 2015, 5:31 am
BE Forum Addict

formula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond repute

I read stories of murderers not being deported from UK because of their human rights- WTF!!!!
They are now as the law was changed. If they want to appeal against being deported then they now have to do this from their own country, using their own countries funds to finance their case and clogging up their own countries courts.

As SanDiegogirl said, most countries require visas to be obtained before citizens can bring in their non-citizen family.

Don't forget that as visitors to the UK, your wife and stepson will not have free use of the NHS and you will need to ensure they have full medical insurance. Without insurance they will be billed at 150% of the NHS cost and that bill will need to be paid in full before they can have a UK visa.

Don't be tempted to let your wife and stepson overstay their visitor visas as the law changed to make it very tough for those who overstay.

Last edited by formula; Apr 17th 2015 at 5:46 am.
Old Apr 17th 2015, 3:24 pm
Forum Regular

knighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really nice

That 22,400 GBP- is that before or after tax (net or gross)?

My daughter has just been sent her Filipino passport. Best take her & mummy on visitor visa to UK to apply for her British Passport. We'll have 50% of the family with full British rights & 50% without any.

What an insult to humanity. All these families being broken up, the mental abuse that UK gov are inflicting on decent hard working Britsh subjects.

I left the UK looking for work opportunities over 7 years ago, now married with a 6 Mth old baby & step son but we can't just jump on a flight and go back to my country of birth (as a family)!!!! It's a disgrace...
I will tell you right now, you have very little-to-no chance of taking your wife and kids with you straight up at this point.

HMPO has designated the Philippines as a 'high-risk' country. So they're going to scrutinise every little detail about your wife and kid.

Have you registered your kid's birth at the consular in Manila? If not, then you should do so straight-away as it's a must when applying for UK passports when it comes to those born in the Philippines.

Oh and in regards to the topic about passports, it's best if you apply for your child's UK passport now. It will also help your wife and stepson in their visas. It will prove that that your relationships are really genuine and all that.

I'm both British and Filipino by the way.

Last edited by knighstrike; Apr 17th 2015 at 3:37 pm.