Married - 2 years living with your partner

Old Apr 15th 2018, 9:28 pm
Forum Regular

fiend is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Married - "2 years living with your partner"

My partner and I have started filling out the application form to apply for a spouse visa.

We have just got to the "Living with your partner" section. It states we have to provide evidence that we have been living together for the last 2 years. (It will be 2 year this July). We have been married since Feb 2017 and been in a relationship since Sept 2010.

I thought the 2 year requirement was only for unmarried couples? I can't find any info regarding this on a .gov.uk website.

Last edited by fiend; Apr 15th 2018 at 10:14 pm.
Old Apr 15th 2018, 11:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Married - 2 years living with your partner

If you are married then you don't have to prove living together for two years.
Where are you reading this?
You DO have to prove a genuine relationship so if you have been married since Feb 2017 you show evidence of such; wedding photos, marriage certificate, proof of tenancy/rental/mortgage documents etc etc.
Old Apr 16th 2018, 7:04 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
If you are married then you don't have to prove living together for two years.
Where are you reading this?
You DO have to prove a genuine relationship so if you have been married since Feb 2017 you show evidence of such; wedding photos, marriage certificate, proof of tenancy/rental/mortgage documents etc etc.
I think you have misunderstood my question.

Yes, I understand that if you are married you have to prove you are in a genuine relationship.

I thought if you are married then is no requirement for married couples to have lived together for 2 years?

The 2 year living together requirement is for unmarried couples?

The form seems to be asking for me and my wife to prove we have been living together for 2 years?

Last edited by fiend; Apr 16th 2018 at 7:07 am.
Old Apr 16th 2018, 7:55 am
Forum Regular

To confirm my question - Does a married couple have to live together for 2 years before being able to apply for a spouse visa?
Old Apr 16th 2018, 9:32 am
Banned

az2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fiend
To confirm my question - Does a married couple have to live together for 2 years before being able to apply for a spouse visa?
Read post #2. Already answered.
Old Apr 16th 2018, 9:42 am
Forum Regular

Thank you for the reply.

As per my original post, at the “Living with your partner” section of the application it is asking to prove we have lived together for 2 years. This is what caused the confusing.

I previously ticked the section saying we are already married. So this section does not apply to us. Do we just ignore this part and continue with the application?
Old Apr 16th 2018, 10:09 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for the reply.

As per my original post, at the “Living with your partner” section of the application it is asking to prove we have lived together for 2 years. This is what caused the confusing.

I previously ticked the section saying we are already married. So this section does not apply to us. Do we just ignore this part and continue with the application?
Are you completing the correct form? Settlement>Settlement>Husband/Wife on the drop down menus.
Old Apr 16th 2018, 10:37 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Are you completing the correct form? Settlement>Settlement>Husband/Wife on the drop down menus.
I hope so! Where do I find the drop down menus?

All I can see is “Family route”.
Old Apr 16th 2018, 3:24 pm
Forum Regular

A little confused with answering this question (See attached screenshot)..

My wife and I have lived together since September 2010 (in USA), until September 2014-July 2016 (see attended Uni in England, I lived with my Dad in England), then we moved in together in July 2016 (in England).

Should I put the date we started living together Sept 2010 or July 2016?

Old Apr 16th 2018, 3:31 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

A little confused with answering this question (See attached screenshot)..

My wife and I have lived together since September 2010 (in USA), until September 2014-July 2016 (see attended Uni in England, I lived with my Dad in England), then we moved in together in July 2016 (in England).

Should I put the date we started living together Sept 2010 or July 2016?

https://i.imgur.com/0f4V3WY.png
https://imgur.com/a/GZBiJ
There is no attached screenshot, but I think, like others, that you're filling in the wrong form. You're married.

Edit: There is a screenshot now. But no indication of where from.

Last edited by Novocastrian; Apr 16th 2018 at 3:33 pm.
Old Apr 16th 2018, 3:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

NO .......
Old Apr 16th 2018, 3:43 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
There is no attached screenshot, but I think, like others, that you're filling in the wrong form. You're married.

Edit: There is a screenshot now. But no indication of where from.
I followed the 'apply now' from this page..

https://visas-immigration.service.go.../family-routes

Is this incorrect? I haven't seen any drop-down menus, as a previous poster mentioned.

Last edited by fiend; Apr 16th 2018 at 4:02 pm.
Old Apr 16th 2018, 4:16 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

I followed the 'apply now' from this page..

https://visas-immigration.service.go.../family-routes

Is this incorrect? I haven't seen any drop-down menus, as a previous poster mentioned.
Are you in the UK?
Old Apr 16th 2018, 5:03 pm
Forum Regular

Yes, I am in the U.K. and so is my partner (tier-4 visa).
Old Apr 16th 2018, 5:25 pm

Yes, I am in the U.K. and so is my partner (tier-4 visa).
The online FLR(M) form is new so forum members won't be overly familiar with it. I would just complete the questions as asked. If you are married then the two year relationship requirement does not apply to you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.