Marriage Visitor Visa UK

Old Aug 12th 2018, 8:15 pm
Just Joined

IsabelaM is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Marriage Visitor Visa UK

Hi !! I'm a brazilian woman living in Brazil engaged to a Brit man who lives in UK. I've started to apply to the Marriage Visitor Visa in order to give notice of our intention to marry possibly on 26th Nov18 and get married on 09th March 19.

That being said, I've a couple of enquiries regarding the supporting documents and would be very thankful if someone took its time to answer me.

One of the docs I must provide is “proof that you can support yourself during your trip, for example bank statements or payslips for the last 6 months”. I've got both bank statements and payslips, but they're in Portuguese. Should I translate them to English ? It sounds odd having my financial status seen and translated.

Another doubt comes from the doc “proof of your future plans for the relationship, for example documents to show where you’ll live”. My fiancé lives in a shared house, doesn't hold utility bills (as he pays a monthly rent all bills included) and will only rent a place for us after the wedding (when we will apply for “spouse visa”). So whay could I use as evidence of docs showing where will we live ? Can I use Brazilian translated to English docs of mine just for application purposes (even knowing I'll eventually apply for spouse visa in order to settle with him in UK) ?? Any suggestions are very welcome.
Old Aug 12th 2018, 10:54 pm
Banned

az2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marriage Visitor Visa UK

Originally Posted by IsabelaM
My fiancé lives in a shared house, doesn't hold utility bills (as he pays a monthly rent all bills included) and will only rent a place for us after the wedding (when we will apply for “spouse visa”)
You do know if you use the Marriage Visitor Visa you will need to go back to Brasil to apply for the spouse visa from there?
Old Aug 12th 2018, 11:07 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: Marriage Visitor Visa UK

Originally Posted by az2014
You do know if you use the Marriage Visitor Visa you will need to go back to Brasil to apply for the spouse visa from there?
For sure, that's precisely my plan. Come back after the wedding, apply for the Spouse Visa and only when it's granted, move to UK.
Old Aug 14th 2018, 11:47 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Any documents not in English will need to be translated. I would write a covering letter explaining your future plans and provide evidence that you will be returning to Brazil after the wedding, e.g. a return flight itinerary.

Alternatively you could consider a fiancée visa.
Old Aug 14th 2018, 12:35 pm
Forum Regular

Nora_ is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi !! I'm a brazilian woman living in Brazil engaged to a Brit man who lives in UK. I've started to apply to the Marriage Visitor Visa in order to give notice of our intention to marry possibly on 26th Nov18 and get married on 09th March 19.

That being said, I've a couple of enquiries regarding the supporting documents and would be very thankful if someone took its time to answer me.

One of the docs I must provide is “proof that you can support yourself during your trip, for example bank statements or payslips for the last 6 months”. I've got both bank statements and payslips, but they're in Portuguese. Should I translate them to English ? It sounds odd having my financial status seen and translated.

Another doubt comes from the doc “proof of your future plans for the relationship, for example documents to show where you’ll live”. My fiancé lives in a shared house, doesn't hold utility bills (as he pays a monthly rent all bills included) and will only rent a place for us after the wedding (when we will apply for “spouse visa”). So whay could I use as evidence of docs showing where will we live ? Can I use Brazilian translated to English docs of mine just for application purposes (even knowing I'll eventually apply for spouse visa in order to settle with him in UK) ?? Any suggestions are very welcome.
if you want to get married in the UK and stay in the UK afterwards by applying to spouse visa - you have to apply for Fiance Settlement Visa not Marriage Visitor Visa.
Marriage Visitor Visa is for people to get married in the UK and move on to another country after the ceremony within 6 month.
They want to have proof that you are not planning to stay in the UK after marriage.
Old Aug 14th 2018, 3:36 pm
Just Joined

Question Re: Marriage Visitor Visa UK

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Any documents not in English will need to be translated. I would write a covering letter explaining your future plans and provide evidence that you will be returning to Brazil after the wedding, e.g. a return flight itinerary.

Alternatively you could consider a fiancée visa.
Thanks for the advice, I'll add the docs you have suggested me.
About the fiancee visa, wouldn't be the right fit for me, as I got a job in Brazil and plan to quit it only when my spouse visa is granted.
Regarding the doc “proof of your future plans for the relationship, for example documents to show where you’ll live”, would you have any suggestions ?
Thank you for your time
Old Aug 14th 2018, 3:44 pm
Just Joined

Question Re: Marriage Visitor Visa UK

Originally Posted by Nora_
if you want to get married in the UK and stay in the UK afterwards by applying to spouse visa - you have to apply for Fiance Settlement Visa not Marriage Visitor Visa.
Marriage Visitor Visa is for people to get married in the UK and move on to another country after the ceremony within 6 month.
They want to have proof that you are not planning to stay in the UK after marriage.
Thanks for your reply. I understand the difference between those visas, but I'm applying to the Marriage Visitor Visa because would be the most suitable for me, I would be able to get married in UK and come back to Brazil right after, therefore allowing me to quit my job in here only on the very last minute (when the spouse visa is granted).

About the doc “proof of your future plans for the relationship, for example documents to show where you’ll live”, would you have any suggestions considering the scenario I provided ?

Thank you for your time
Old Aug 21st 2018, 10:47 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the advice, I'll add the docs you have suggested me.
About the fiancee visa, wouldn't be the right fit for me, as I got a job in Brazil and plan to quit it only when my spouse visa is granted.
Regarding the doc “proof of your future plans for the relationship, for example documents to show where you’ll live”, would you have any suggestions ?
Thank you for your time
That would depend on your circumstances. If you plan to return to Brazil to apply for a spouse visa after your wedding then I would write a covering letter explaining that. If your fiancé doesn't yet have a home in which you can both live then I would explain that and I would also provide evidence of your home and job in Brazil you will be returning to whilst you wait for a decision on your spouse visa.