Marriage Visitor Visa UK

Reply

Old Aug 12th 2018, 8:15 pm
  #1  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 4
IsabelaM is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Marriage Visitor Visa UK

Hi !! I'm a brazilian woman living in Brazil engaged to a Brit man who lives in UK. I've started to apply to the Marriage Visitor Visa in order to give notice of our intention to marry possibly on 26th Nov18 and get married on 09th March 19.

That being said, I've a couple of enquiries regarding the supporting documents and would be very thankful if someone took its time to answer me.

One of the docs I must provide is “proof that you can support yourself during your trip, for example bank statements or payslips for the last 6 months”. I've got both bank statements and payslips, but they're in Portuguese. Should I translate them to English ? It sounds odd having my financial status seen and translated.

Another doubt comes from the doc “proof of your future plans for the relationship, for example documents to show where you’ll live”. My fiancé lives in a shared house, doesn't hold utility bills (as he pays a monthly rent all bills included) and will only rent a place for us after the wedding (when we will apply for “spouse visa”). So whay could I use as evidence of docs showing where will we live ? Can I use Brazilian translated to English docs of mine just for application purposes (even knowing I'll eventually apply for spouse visa in order to settle with him in UK) ?? Any suggestions are very welcome.
IsabelaM is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12th 2018, 10:54 pm
  #2  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 327
az2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marriage Visitor Visa UK

Originally Posted by IsabelaM View Post
My fiancé lives in a shared house, doesn't hold utility bills (as he pays a monthly rent all bills included) and will only rent a place for us after the wedding (when we will apply for “spouse visa”)
You do know if you use the Marriage Visitor Visa you will need to go back to Brasil to apply for the spouse visa from there?
az2014 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12th 2018, 11:07 pm
  #3  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 4
IsabelaM is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Marriage Visitor Visa UK

Originally Posted by az2014 View Post
You do know if you use the Marriage Visitor Visa you will need to go back to Brasil to apply for the spouse visa from there?
For sure, that's precisely my plan. Come back after the wedding, apply for the Spouse Visa and only when it's granted, move to UK.
IsabelaM is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14th 2018, 11:47 am
  #4  
 
BritInParis's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Location: Not in Paris
Posts: 11,218
BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marriage Visitor Visa UK

Any documents not in English will need to be translated. I would write a covering letter explaining your future plans and provide evidence that you will be returning to Brazil after the wedding, e.g. a return flight itinerary.

Alternatively you could consider a fiancée visa.
BritInParis is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14th 2018, 12:35 pm
  #5  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 15
Nora_ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Marriage Visitor Visa UK

Originally Posted by IsabelaM View Post
Hi !! I'm a brazilian woman living in Brazil engaged to a Brit man who lives in UK. I've started to apply to the Marriage Visitor Visa in order to give notice of our intention to marry possibly on 26th Nov18 and get married on 09th March 19.

That being said, I've a couple of enquiries regarding the supporting documents and would be very thankful if someone took its time to answer me.

One of the docs I must provide is “proof that you can support yourself during your trip, for example bank statements or payslips for the last 6 months”. I've got both bank statements and payslips, but they're in Portuguese. Should I translate them to English ? It sounds odd having my financial status seen and translated.

Another doubt comes from the doc “proof of your future plans for the relationship, for example documents to show where you’ll live”. My fiancé lives in a shared house, doesn't hold utility bills (as he pays a monthly rent all bills included) and will only rent a place for us after the wedding (when we will apply for “spouse visa”). So whay could I use as evidence of docs showing where will we live ? Can I use Brazilian translated to English docs of mine just for application purposes (even knowing I'll eventually apply for spouse visa in order to settle with him in UK) ?? Any suggestions are very welcome.
if you want to get married in the UK and stay in the UK afterwards by applying to spouse visa - you have to apply for Fiance Settlement Visa not Marriage Visitor Visa.
Marriage Visitor Visa is for people to get married in the UK and move on to another country after the ceremony within 6 month.
They want to have proof that you are not planning to stay in the UK after marriage.
Nora_ is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14th 2018, 3:36 pm
  #6  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 4
IsabelaM is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Marriage Visitor Visa UK

Originally Posted by BritInParis View Post
Any documents not in English will need to be translated. I would write a covering letter explaining your future plans and provide evidence that you will be returning to Brazil after the wedding, e.g. a return flight itinerary.

Alternatively you could consider a fiancée visa.
Thanks for the advice, I'll add the docs you have suggested me.
About the fiancee visa, wouldn't be the right fit for me, as I got a job in Brazil and plan to quit it only when my spouse visa is granted.
Regarding the doc “proof of your future plans for the relationship, for example documents to show where you’ll live”, would you have any suggestions ?
Thank you for your time
IsabelaM is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14th 2018, 3:44 pm
  #7  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 4
IsabelaM is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Marriage Visitor Visa UK

Originally Posted by Nora_ View Post
if you want to get married in the UK and stay in the UK afterwards by applying to spouse visa - you have to apply for Fiance Settlement Visa not Marriage Visitor Visa.
Marriage Visitor Visa is for people to get married in the UK and move on to another country after the ceremony within 6 month.
They want to have proof that you are not planning to stay in the UK after marriage.
Thanks for your reply. I understand the difference between those visas, but I'm applying to the Marriage Visitor Visa because would be the most suitable for me, I would be able to get married in UK and come back to Brazil right after, therefore allowing me to quit my job in here only on the very last minute (when the spouse visa is granted).

About the doc “proof of your future plans for the relationship, for example documents to show where you’ll live”, would you have any suggestions considering the scenario I provided ?

Thank you for your time
IsabelaM is offline  
Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service