Wikiposts

Marriage Visitor Visa for UK

Old Oct 29th 2013, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

PandaQueen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Marriage Visitor Visa for UK

Hello! Wow, it's been a while since I've been on here. I wanted to thank everyone so far for their support to some of my previous questions.

I came to Australia with my Australian fiance (I am British), I am pregnant - Australian system was AMAZING by the way (besides some of the bills, ouch). However, fiance does imply we intend to get married, and we want to get married before the birth of our baby. It's a personal choice.

I'm coming back to the UK to have the baby tomorrow, who is due April. Now, my fiance's UK general visitor visa ended September 2013, hence why we came down under. His previous visa was the YMS (2years). My question(s) (finally) is this:

Should we wait 6 months (that is until March 2014) until we apply for a Marriage Visitor Visa (as in, apply sooner but state he wants to come March), or will immigration think he's been in the country too many times? Our baby is due in April, so I really want him to be there, obviously, besides just get married.

My other question is, we have saved up for him to go to university in September 2014. This has taken us a very long time! Will immigration think it's off for him to come into the country on a marriage visitor visa, and then attempt to get a student visa? By then, the university of his choice should be able to support his application, but I was just wondering.

Any help on these matters would be greatly appreciated.

Here's to another 4 months without my partner

Last edited by PandaQueen; Oct 29th 2013 at 6:06 pm. Reason: One sentence was confusing when reading back!
Old Oct 29th 2013, 10:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marriage Visitor Visa for UK

Originally Posted by PandaQueen
My other question is, we have saved up for him to go to university in September 2014. This has taken us a very long time! Will immigration think it's off for him to come into the country on a marriage visitor visa, and then attempt to get a student visa? By then, the university of his choice should be able to support his application, but I was just wondering.
You are aware that with the marriage visitor visa the holder needs to leave the UK within 6 months? It is not possible to switch into a different immigration category while in the UK. Applying for a student visa would mean him returning to his country of residence (Australia) and applying from there.

Last edited by roaringmouse; Oct 29th 2013 at 10:55 pm.
Old Oct 29th 2013, 11:56 pm
Forum Regular

PandaQueen is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, I am aware of that. We will be leaving to apply for Student Visa after 4 months of the Marriage Visitor Visa, that is why I want to know if it is risky considering he will be in the UK for 4 months on the Visitor Visa, and then applying straight away after returning to Australia for a student one. I just want to do things right He will have the university's support.
Old Oct 30th 2013, 1:21 am
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PandaQueen
Yes, I am aware of that. We will be leaving to apply for Student Visa after 4 months of the Marriage Visitor Visa, that is why I want to know if it is risky considering he will be in the UK for 4 months on the Visitor Visa, and then applying straight away after returning to Australia for a student one. I just want to do things right He will have the university's support.
One potential issue (maybe you know this, and have factored it in financially, but I'll just mention it.). He'll have to pay the overseas rate at university, which is more money than the rate British residents pay. This is because you have to be a resident for three years before you are eligible for the lower residents fees.