Marriage Visitor Visa questions

Old Dec 4th 2017, 10:35 am
Just Joined

Momo1234 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Marriage Visitor Visa questions

I’m currently planning to get married with my boyfriend who’s from the UK. He’s been doing master degree for the past 2 years so he was not in an employment but will be in February 2018. Our wedding is in September 2018. We have made some arrangements already but we are stuck on the visa type.

We met in 2013 and has been in a relationship since. I was doing my degree back then and now that I’ve graduated I came back to my home country. We’ve been visiting each other for the past year. We are renting a flat together in uk - just that I haven’t been living there in the past year only he is living there. I’m currently working in my family business in my home country.

I’m planning to settle in the uk but for now I want to get married as planned in September on marriage visitor visa, I will leave after the wedding and apply for a settlement visa later on. My question is on the gov.uk website it states that if I’m applying for this type of visa I have to provide the evidence of what’s our future plan and that the applicant isn’t plannig on settling in the uk. Would I still be able to apply for this visa to get marry to my British boyfriend? I’m planning to settle there later but not on this type of visa.

I’m really worried as it’s coming close. Please help advise if there’s any solution to this, thank you very much!
Old Dec 4th 2017, 6:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marriage Visitor Visa questions

Just explain what you are going to do after you marry on the marriage VISITOR visa; that you are planning to return to your home country and apply for spouse visa later.

You should provide evidence of ties to your home country; employment, accommodation, financial responsibilities which will be evidence of you returning there.

September 2018 is not close. Plenty of time to organise things.
Old Dec 6th 2017, 3:59 am
Just Joined

Momo1234 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Marriage Visitor Visa questions

Thank you very much for your answer!