Marriage Visitor Visa Final Documents

Old Aug 18th 2018, 11:09 am
Forum Regular

Rosa253 is an unknown quantity at this point
Arrow Marriage Visitor Visa Final Documents

Hi everyone,

Thank you so much for your advice last time. We've finalized our plans now. Would it be possible to advise on any final documents before we submit?

I am British, fiance is Indian. He's been in same job in India for 3 years for an international company and just got a promotion so we want to be in India at least for some time after marriage. I have a job outside the UK (they base me in different countries where their offices are) and I can work remotely for this company as well from India when i'm not in another country. The situation is that his parents don't want us to get married in a church in India, so we are applying for Marriage Visitor Visa to the UK to get married in a church and then come back.

We can get the following documents:

> Church booking confirmation with date and time DONE
> Supporting letter from pastor who will marry us REQUESTING THIS
> Invoice from catering company for wedding costs GETTING NEXT WEEK
> Invoice from photographers for wedding costs GETTING NEXT WEEK
> Invoice for rings GETTING NEXT WEEK
> Letter from his job with promotion details in India (new role starting October) DONE
> Letter from his job with return to work date after wedding GETTING THIS
> Letter from my job saying I am not based in the UK and will be based in India when i'm not working in one of their offices GETTING THIS
> His bank account details in India

What we are concerned about are the following:

> Title deeds - are in his parents name, not his name
> The same for land and other property
> He lives with his parents and supports them - how to show this?
> Proof of notice of marriage - the registrar has said we can't even make a provisional booking until we are in the country. We'll be in the UK next week to finalize the wedding plans, but we can't give notice as we don't have the MVV. We don't know what to do about this - other people seem to have secured provisional bookings but they've said I can't book anything in.

1. Do you have suggestions for how we can strengthen the MVV application?
2. Suggestions for statements the letter from my employer should include? (They haven't written it yet but are in full support of our plans).
3. We don't think we can generate much evidence to show these are strong ties - the properties will be passed to him but they are not yet in his name. Is it still worth submitting them although they are in his parents name, with a covering letter from them, translated, saying they will be passed to him?
4. Provisional booking for giving notice - as we've spoken by phone and can't make a provisional booking, would our email conversations be worth anything if we submitted them? We talked back and forth with the registrar about our plans and she told us by email about the process and how we can make the booking when we've got the MVV.

Thank you so much!
Old Aug 19th 2018, 12:04 pm
Forum Regular

Nora_ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Marriage Visitor Visa Final Documents

Originally Posted by Rosa253
Hi everyone,

Thank you so much for your advice last time. We've finalized our plans now. Would it be possible to advise on any final documents before we submit?

I am British, fiance is Indian. He's been in same job in India for 3 years for an international company and just got a promotion so we want to be in India at least for some time after marriage. I have a job outside the UK (they base me in different countries where their offices are) and I can work remotely for this company as well from India when i'm not in another country. The situation is that his parents don't want us to get married in a church in India, so we are applying for Marriage Visitor Visa to the UK to get married in a church and then come back.

We can get the following documents:

> Church booking confirmation with date and time DONE
> Supporting letter from pastor who will marry us REQUESTING THIS
> Invoice from catering company for wedding costs GETTING NEXT WEEK
> Invoice from photographers for wedding costs GETTING NEXT WEEK
> Invoice for rings GETTING NEXT WEEK
> Letter from his job with promotion details in India (new role starting October) DONE
> Letter from his job with return to work date after wedding GETTING THIS
> Letter from my job saying I am not based in the UK and will be based in India when i'm not working in one of their offices GETTING THIS
> His bank account details in India

What we are concerned about are the following:

> Title deeds - are in his parents name, not his name
> The same for land and other property
> He lives with his parents and supports them - how to show this?
> Proof of notice of marriage - the registrar has said we can't even make a provisional booking until we are in the country. We'll be in the UK next week to finalize the wedding plans, but we can't give notice as we don't have the MVV. We don't know what to do about this - other people seem to have secured provisional bookings but they've said I can't book anything in.

1. Do you have suggestions for how we can strengthen the MVV application?
2. Suggestions for statements the letter from my employer should include? (They haven't written it yet but are in full support of our plans).
3. We don't think we can generate much evidence to show these are strong ties - the properties will be passed to him but they are not yet in his name. Is it still worth submitting them although they are in his parents name, with a covering letter from them, translated, saying they will be passed to him?
4. Provisional booking for giving notice - as we've spoken by phone and can't make a provisional booking, would our email conversations be worth anything if we submitted them? We talked back and forth with the registrar about our plans and she told us by email about the process and how we can make the booking when we've got the MVV.

Thank you so much!
Hi

You cannot book registry but you can book ceremony. We are applying for a fiance visa (we will stay in the country), but it's possble to pay something like £65 to book ceremony and show it as evidence. It's not recommended for general public - as you have to have registry date first then book ceremony - but as we want to prove that we really intend to get married this year in the UK, we are happy to lose the ceremony cost in case our visa process gets delayed and/or we will not be able to secure initial ceremony date when we will give our notice to marriage when my fiance in the UK.