Marriage to a UK citizen

Old May 31st 2016, 10:19 pm
Just Joined

aharongoldi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Marriage to a UK citizen

Hello,

My fiancee is from Liverpool she is UK Citizen, We about to getting married soon, I want to know how long since we've been married to get my work permit so I can work legal within the UK?

Thank you!
Old May 31st 2016, 10:31 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marriage to a UK citizen

Originally Posted by aharongoldi
Hello,

My fiancee is from Liverpool she is UK Citizen, We about to getting married soon, I want to know how long since we've been married to get my work permit so I can work legal within the UK?

Thank you!
Your wife would need to sponsor you for a spouse visa in order for you to live and work in the UK.

Spouse Immigration-UK : British Expat Wiki

You are an Israeli citizen - do you have any recent European ancestry, parents, grandparents or great-grandparents born in an EEA/EU country? If so it may entitle you to a EEA/EU passport which would bypass the need for a spouse visa.
Old May 31st 2016, 10:33 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Your wife would need to sponsor you for a spouse visa in order for you to live and work in the UK.

Spouse Immigration-UK : British Expat Wiki

You are an Israeli citizen - do you have any recent European ancestry, parents, grandparents or great-grandparents born in an EEA/EU country? If so it may entitle you to a EEA/EU passport which would bypass the need for a spouse visa.
Yes my father born in Poland, he doesn't have polish passport.
Old May 31st 2016, 10:36 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Yes my father born in Poland, he doesn't have polish passport.
Presumably your father was a Polish citizen before he emigrated to Israel as an oleh and became an Israeli citizen? If so then you can claim your Polish citizenship and come to the UK as a EU citizen. There would be no need for a visa.
Old May 31st 2016, 10:39 pm
Just Joined

Yes my father emigrated to Israel as an Oleh it was around 1956. Can I claim for a Polish citizenship through my father(even if he doesn't have polish passport)? What is the process to do that?

Thank you so much!
Old May 31st 2016, 10:58 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Yes my father emigrated to Israel as an Oleh it was around 1956. Can I claim for a Polish citizenship through my father(even if he doesn't have polish passport)? What is the process to do that?

Thank you so much!
A passport is just a document, the important thing is that your father is/was a Polish citizen. You don't need the your father's passport, but you will need to contact the Polish government/ consulate so they can verify your father's citizenship and establish the validity of your claim to Polish citizenship through your father, and to a Polish passport.

Last edited by Pulaski; May 31st 2016 at 11:00 pm.
Old Jun 1st 2016, 12:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,

Thank you!
To answer your original question (if you don't go the Polish citizen route) your UK spouse would need to sponsor you for a spouse visa to enter the UK. Once you have the visa you can enter the UK and work immediately .

The visa takes anything up to three months to obtain once you have applied for it with all the necessary financial, relationship and accommodation documents.

https://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk
Old Jun 1st 2016, 12:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

In the following thread you said you were a British citizen:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/us-im...ogress-878107/

In another thread you said you were an Israeli......

So which is it?
Old Jun 1st 2016, 12:35 am
Just Joined

The first thread was my fiancee writing you guys a question with my account. We are still thinking where should we immigrate because we live in Israel right now, We thiking either US, Canada or move back to UK
Old Jun 1st 2016, 7:50 pm

I would contact the Polish Embassy in Tel-Aviv about claiming your Polish citizenship. The Poles operate a civil registry system so any event that has taken place in Israel, such as your parents' marriage and your birth, would need to be registered with the Polish authorities first.

Citizenship