British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/)
-   -   Marriage spouse family objecting (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/marriage-spouse-family-objecting-916399/)

Shadowfair Aug 23rd 2018 8:17 am

Marriage spouse family objecting

All,

a friend had this question and posting on behalf

family of girl are objecting to a marriage and do not know of the intention of her wanting to marry my mate

how does he have to deal with this? Does he have to be up front and tell ukvi?

if girl sude know they will do anything to stop the marriage due to old cultral reasons

Nora_ Aug 23rd 2018 8:24 am

Re: Marriage spouse family objecting

Hi Shadowfair, I don't think according to the law parents to "approve" the marriage.

If both parties are happy together and want to get married, it's ok. Also, I don't think he needs to disclose to the home office what girls parents think, from what i understood recently, letters from family and friends are not considered and have no value. Better not to mention it at all.

Shadowfair Aug 23rd 2018 8:29 am

Originally Posted by Nora_ (Post 12553101)
Hi Shadowfair, I don't think according to the law parents to "approve" the marriage.

If both parties are happy together and want to get married, it's ok. Also, I don't think he needs to disclose to the home office what girls parents think, from what i understood recently, letters from family and friends are not considered and have no value. Better not to mention it at all.

well he can’t have a wedding with girl side and they planning to regirter this with witness and father side

they worried home office might say why they are not in your wedding picture etc

also if they apply and girl side wanted to ban the girl from exiting, can they escalate this to ho as urgency?

they want the girl to marry someone else ...

Nora_ Aug 23rd 2018 8:34 am

Originally Posted by Shadowfair (Post 12553104)

well he can’t have a wedding with girl side and they planning to regirter this with witness and father side

they worried home office might say why they are not in your wedding picture etc

also if they apply and girl side wanted to ban the girl from exiting, can they escalate this to ho as urgency?

they want the girl to marry someone else ...

I don't think it's a big deal for HO to see who is in the registry ceremony/wedding.How would they even know what monther/father of the bride looks like?

Also, can they not apply without informing the brides family? Unless they know she applied they wouldn't be able to contact the HO.

What would happen the girl if she just marry your mate, would girls family kill the girl?

wow this case looks so complicated...

Shadowfair Aug 23rd 2018 8:43 am

Originally Posted by Nora_ (Post 12553106)
I don't think it's a big deal for HO to see who is in the registry ceremony/wedding.How would they even know what monther/father of the bride looks like?

Also, can they not apply without informing the brides family? Unless they know she applied they wouldn't be able to contact the HO.

What would happen the girl if she just marry your mate, would girls family kill the girl?

wow this case looks so complicated...

nah don’t think they go that far

from what i understand they will ban her from leaving and can legally do that
where she lives father permission is needed for marriage on girl side and father can by same token ban the girl

they may just make her life like hell

spouse of scouse Aug 23rd 2018 11:47 am

Originally Posted by Shadowfair (Post 12553099)
All,

a friend had this question and posting on behalf

family of girl are objecting to a marriage and do not know of the intention of her wanting to marry my mate

how does he have to deal with this? Does he have to be up front and tell ukvi?

if girl sude know they will do anything to stop the marriage due to old cultral reasons

This has nothing to do with UKVI, or UK visas.

Shadowfair Aug 23rd 2018 12:07 pm

So their plan is to get married in a different country to county of the girl residence as she doesn’t need fathers permission in that case to get married and according to that countries law ( the one she is not resident in)

there will be father side inmediate gamily members and they will register it

would you even ezplain that to ukvi or just apply and explain nothing?

would they not say why marry in another country in addition to inital issue of not having her parents there

Pollyana Aug 23rd 2018 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by Shadowfair (Post 12553199)
So their plan is to get married in a different country to county of the girl residence as she doesn’t need fathers permission in that case to get married and according to that countries law ( the one she is not resident in)

there will be father side inmediate gamily members and they will register it

would you even ezplain that to ukvi or just apply and explain nothing?

would they not say why marry in another country in addition to inital issue of not having her parents there

Where do they live now?
Where do they want to marry?
What nationalities are they?
If they want to marry in the UK do either/both have the right to live there and marry there?

Shadowfair Aug 23rd 2018 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 12553202)
Where do they live now?
Where do they want to marry?
What nationalities are they?
If they want to marry in the UK do either/both have the right to live there and marry there?

husband british
wife bangladesh
place to get married either georgia or somewhere else that allows them to do so

husband/mate here and meets all requirements ( accommodation and financial )

considering fiance visa and then getting married ... is expensive to pay twice so doing it abroad and instead of paying for two applications, they are using the money to have a decent marriage in another country and enjoy the holiday as well