Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Marriage certificate needs to be apostile for schenegan Visa?

Marriage certificate needs to be apostile for schenegan Visa?

Old May 4th 2019, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

AnxiouslyAnxious has a reputation beyond reputeAnxiouslyAnxious has a reputation beyond reputeAnxiouslyAnxious has a reputation beyond reputeAnxiouslyAnxious has a reputation beyond reputeAnxiouslyAnxious has a reputation beyond reputeAnxiouslyAnxious has a reputation beyond reputeAnxiouslyAnxious has a reputation beyond reputeAnxiouslyAnxious has a reputation beyond reputeAnxiouslyAnxious has a reputation beyond reputeAnxiouslyAnxious has a reputation beyond reputeAnxiouslyAnxious has a reputation beyond repute
Default Marriage certificate needs to be apostile for schenegan Visa?

Hello forum , Hope everyone is having a good weekend. It’s been a while since I visited the forum. I and my husband considering of having a little holiday somewhere in Europe and I’m aware that I would need to apply for schenegan visa and I would like to apply as a spouse of eu citizen so we are exempt from visa fee. So to prove relationship with my husband I would have to provide marriage certificate but I’m reading that they need marriage certificate to be registered in eu or to be apostile from foreign ministry is that true? We got married in India and we got marriage certificate of registration from India that we provided for my spouse Visa. I’m disappointed we may not be able to go if that’s the case. Thanks everyone 🙏🏼 Happy weekend to all!
Old May 4th 2019, 10:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marriage certificate needs to be apostile for schenegan Visa?

Originally Posted by AnxiouslyAnxious
Hello forum , Hope everyone is having a good weekend. It’s been a while since I visited the forum. I and my husband considering of having a little holiday somewhere in Europe and I’m aware that I would need to apply for schenegan visa and I would like to apply as a spouse of eu citizen so we are exempt from visa fee. So to prove relationship with my husband I would have to provide marriage certificate but I’m reading that they need marriage certificate to be registered in eu or to be apostile from foreign ministry is that true? We got married in India and we got marriage certificate of registration from India that we provided for my spouse Visa. I’m disappointed we may not be able to go if that’s the case. Thanks everyone 🙏🏼 Happy weekend to all!
Where are you reading this.... ?
Old May 4th 2019, 10:47 pm
Forum Regular

AnxiouslyAnxious has a reputation beyond reputeAnxiouslyAnxious has a reputation beyond reputeAnxiouslyAnxious has a reputation beyond reputeAnxiouslyAnxious has a reputation beyond reputeAnxiouslyAnxious has a reputation beyond reputeAnxiouslyAnxious has a reputation beyond reputeAnxiouslyAnxious has a reputation beyond reputeAnxiouslyAnxious has a reputation beyond reputeAnxiouslyAnxious has a reputation beyond reputeAnxiouslyAnxious has a reputation beyond reputeAnxiouslyAnxious has a reputation beyond repute

Hello SDG 😊 For Spain I read it here https://uk.blsspainvisa.com/london/eea_eu_type_visa.php
https://www.immigrationboards.com/eu...e-t180952.html I stumble across few threads like that. We haven’t decided on the destination but I suppose Spain is off the table. Perhaps Portugal or Bulgaria if they don’t need apostile Cert.
Old May 4th 2019, 10:54 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

A Schengen visa is valid for the entire Schengen area. Try a different embassy.
Old May 5th 2019, 3:35 pm
Forum Regular

Hey BiP!! How are you 🙂
what do you mean by different embassy? I typed in google for “Spain visa” and Bls site seemed to be the one and in that site they seemed to certain kind a certificate apostille or something. I’m so bummed we wanted a short holiday somewhere in Europe without much hassle. You think for France , Italy or even Portugal also require apostille certificate to apply as spouse of eu tourist visa since we both traveling together.
Old May 5th 2019, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BritInParis
A Schengen visa is valid for the entire Schengen area. Try a different embassy.
oh I get it.. Which country doest have the requirement of certificate apostille and no flight booking required ?
Old May 9th 2019, 12:06 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

oh I get it.. Which country doest have the requirement of certificate apostille and no flight booking required ?
Not sure, shop around.
Old May 9th 2019, 5:18 pm
Forum Regular

I don’t see the need for marriage certificate to be apostile on TLS site for France https://fr.tlscontact.com/gb/lon/pag..._of_eu_citizen

you suppose if it’s not mention here it’s not needed? Or they can still ask for marriage Cert to be apostile.
Old May 9th 2019, 6:59 pm
Forum Regular

jmin has a reputation beyond reputejmin has a reputation beyond reputejmin has a reputation beyond reputejmin has a reputation beyond reputejmin has a reputation beyond reputejmin has a reputation beyond reputejmin has a reputation beyond reputejmin has a reputation beyond reputejmin has a reputation beyond reputejmin has a reputation beyond reputejmin has a reputation beyond repute

You can book a refundable fare class for purposes of showing a flight booking, then when you get the visa you keep, cancel and get a refund, or modify it to new dates. I have had to do this for visas of other countries before.

France does not list a marriage certificate as one of the supporting documents needed on their official french visa website, however, they are notorious for not listing all documents that are actually required for visas. If you look at the TLS connect website, you would need to provide a marriage certificate certified by the Indian embassy (or apostilled) if you are married and unemployed. It doesn't say anything about having to provide it if you are married and employed but that does not mean they will not require it.

Focus on some of the schengen members with the highest approval rates, a google search will give you a list of who they are. I would do that since it's probably more straightforward than trying to apply to the French. Not all of the countries listed will process Schengen visas in a particular country.

Old May 9th 2019, 7:42 pm
Forum Regular

Hello, My husband and I are planing to go France and on TLS site https://fr.tlscontact.com/gb/lon/pag..._of_eu_citizen here they have specified documents needed for spouse of eu citizen I see it required an official certificate in English or French but I don’t see it needed to be apostile while on Spain, Germany , Italy sites they have mentioned it. I’m hoping it’s the correct info . What do you reckon and also how can I book a refundable tickets? Thanks for the comment
Old May 9th 2019, 9:00 pm

Apply for the visa first; don’t book any travel until you have it.
Old May 9th 2019, 9:13 pm
Forum Regular

Apply for the visa first; don’t book any travel until you have it.
Hi BiP But wouldn’t they want me to show proof of travel and accommodation etc?
Old May 9th 2019, 9:18 pm

Hi BiP But wouldn’t they want me to show proof of travel and accommodation etc?
You’re the spouse of an EU citizen - obtaining a Schengen visa is just a formality.
Old May 9th 2019, 9:32 pm
Forum Regular

You’re the spouse of an EU citizen - obtaining a Schengen visa is just a formality.
Hm.. I got worried because our certificate isn’t apostilled. I don’t see that requirement on France TLS site while Spain, Italy have asked for it. It will be easy to get refundable hotel booking but it’s not possible to get refundable tickets.
Old May 10th 2019, 10:07 am
Forum Regular

Nora_ is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, sorry for jumping into this thread, I thought if you (non eu citizen) are travelling to Europe with your British spouse from the UK and returning to the UK then there is no need for Schengen Visa.
I was planning to go to Europe with my husband this summer for short break, and take our UK marriage certificate with us, I guess we need visa?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.