Marriage Annulment help

Old Mar 23rd 2015, 12:57 am
Forum Regular

tetley is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Marriage Annulment help

hi there so I have decided to have marriage annulled and have valid grounds to make the case, but one issue is I do not have the marriage certificate, how can I sort this issue out
thanks in advance
Old Mar 23rd 2015, 1:22 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marriage Annulment help

Originally Posted by tetley
hi there so I have decided to have marriage annulled and have valid grounds to make the case, but one issue is I do not have the marriage certificate, how can I sort this issue out
thanks in advance
You might need to remind people where you married.
Old Mar 23rd 2015, 1:27 am
Forum Regular

india
Old Mar 23rd 2015, 2:37 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Obtain a new copy of the marriage certificate?
Old Mar 23rd 2015, 5:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

I do not think there is much chance of getting competent legal advice on Indian Marriage Law on this site.
Old Mar 23rd 2015, 6:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47
I do not think there is much chance of getting competent legal advice on Indian Marriage Law on this site.
and what does getting an Indian marriage annulled have to do with British Citizenship?

I know the answer, you know the answer,,,but let's hear it anyway
Old Mar 23rd 2015, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

sorry guys i am a british citizen, had a sham marriage in India, unaware, and now I need the MC to annul marriage
Old Mar 23rd 2015, 11:16 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Without wanting to state the bleeding obvious, why not try approaching the registry office that issued your original marriage certificate?
Old Mar 23rd 2015, 8:54 pm
Forum Regular

That would be kind of hard as the office is in India
Old Mar 23rd 2015, 9:32 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

That would be kind of hard as the office is in India
I know very little about India, but mail? email? telephone? carrier pigeon ?

Where are you applying for the annulment? Have you asked them how to approach the issue?
Old Mar 23rd 2015, 10:05 pm
Just Joined

seadogs11 is an unknown quantity at this point

If it was a sham marriage and you do not have a certificate how will the UK authorities know you were marrried.
Old Mar 23rd 2015, 10:40 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seadogs11
If it was a sham marriage and you do not have a certificate how will the UK authorities know you were marrried.
If there was a marriage certificate, then the marriage was legal, the fact that it was entered into for other reasons then being a legal couple will not affect that. One problem is that he might, just, be breaking laws, and trying to get the marriage annuled might well start problems. Perhaps getting a divorce, without mentioning that the marriage was a shem would be the way to go.
Old Mar 24th 2015, 12:23 am
Forum Regular

I won't be mentioning it was a sham on the forms
I have the point that applies to me and the marriage

Will email India now and see if they can send it
Old Mar 24th 2015, 12:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

thanks in advance
I had no idea of the answer until I googled

You need to contact the marriage office of the jurisdiction in which you married (probably at the municipal offices out side the cities).

It's quite easy to find contact addresses on the Internet, some even have email . You may have to send an old fashioned written request. And you need to specify certified copy, because it may be literally a photocopy of the marriage register.

I should think that the best place to ask about this would be on the India forum here, or on IndiaMike.
Old Mar 24th 2015, 12:39 am
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shirtback
I had no idea of the answer until I googled

Who'd of thunk??

I looked up that Google, and it looks to be a way useful site! I'll bookmark it!! Thanks!!!