Maintaining a Spouse Visa

Old Jan 28th 2017, 11:44 am
Forum Regular

Gavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really nice
Default Maintaining a Spouse Visa

Hi, my wife just successfully received her first spouse visa but at the same time, I have received a job offer outwith the UK which I intend to accept and take my family with me.

Now, I fully understand that we will not be able to count any time towards LTR/citizenship until we moved back to the UK after that employment has finished, but I'm a bit unsure if the initial 2.5 year visa is also at risk.

For example, is there any limit to the time my wife can spend outside the country in the initial 2.5 year period, that would mean she would not be able to re-enter the UK in these 2.5 years using her spouse visa?

I can live with not being able to renew after 2.5 years if we do not spend enough time in the UK, but I'd hate to lose the ability to enter the UK whenever we want during this period.

Thanks
Old Jan 28th 2017, 1:18 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Maintaining a Spouse Visa

She can come and go during the 2.5 year period and she can renew it from within the UK at the end of the 2.5 years but it will, as you are aware, affect the time required for your wife to be eligible for ILR/citizenship.
Old Jan 28th 2017, 2:32 pm
Forum Regular

Gavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really nice
Default Re: Maintaining a Spouse Visa

Great, that's the best we could have hoped for really. Thanks for the reply.