Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Living separate with spouse/partner due to work/study purposes!!

Living separate with spouse/partner due to work/study purposes!!

Old Sep 1st 2018, 8:42 am
Just Joined

susanrai2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Living separate with spouse/partner due to work/study purposes!!

Hi I am a British citizen and my wife got a spouse visa through me and recently extended her visa and need to apply for ILR in 2.5 years time.I have planned to join the british army in next year so if I joined then I have to change my living address. But my wife is studying at the moment and can't join me until she finishes her study.
Just curious to know, if she can apply for ILR in 2.5 years time with both of us living at different addresses? since the requirements to apply for ILR is to live together for 2 years before applying ILR, is there any alternative?
any ideas given would be very much appreciated.
A lot thanks
Old Sep 1st 2018, 4:07 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Living separate with spouse/partner due to work/study purposes!!

That's not a problem. There are actually separate conditions for spouses of members of HM Forces.
Old Sep 3rd 2018, 7:57 am
Just Joined

susanrai2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello britinparis thanks your kind info, but please can i ask you where can i get that official information from, which says there is a special condition for spouses of hm forces
A lot thanks.
Old Sep 7th 2018, 1:29 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

https://assets.publishing.service.go...en-v5.0ext.pdf