LIVING IN NZ - GET A UK CHILD PASSPORT Q?

Old Oct 28th 2009, 6:27 am
Just Joined

mattinnz2001 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default LIVING IN NZ - GET A UK CHILD PASSPORT Q?

Hi Guys,

I am from UK and have lived there for 25 years, moved to New Zealand 5 years ago, now have a son of 2 years old and a son of one month, i would like to get passports for both children, my partner is not from uk. i just read that you need to apply within 12 months of the birth (my oldest child is an NZ citizen and has NZ passport - im just a resident here so thought would get him that while i can)

didnt realise that you need to get him UK citizenship within 12 months, is this correct or i am reading the wrong section?? i hope so!!!!

is it not enought that im british and want to go back with them and want them to have passport...

thanks guys :-)

MJ
Old Oct 28th 2009, 10:12 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LIVING IN NZ - GET A UK CHILD PASSPORT Q?

Originally Posted by mattinnz2001
Hi Guys,

I am from UK and have lived there for 25 years, moved to New Zealand 5 years ago, now have a son of 2 years old and a son of one month, i would like to get passports for both children, my partner is not from uk. i just read that you need to apply within 12 months of the birth (my oldest child is an NZ citizen and has NZ passport - im just a resident here so thought would get him that while i can)

didnt realise that you need to get him UK citizenship within 12 months, is this correct or i am reading the wrong section?? i hope so!!!!

is it not enought that im british and want to go back with them and want them to have passport...

thanks guys :-)

MJ
What is your own UK status? Are you a citizen by birth, descent etc?
Old Oct 28th 2009, 12:44 pm
Just Joined

mattinnz2001 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Pollyana, thanks for your help, I am a citizen by birth, i was born in UK and have lived there most of my life, am 30, been there for 25 years, and just been over seas working and happen to get residency in the country i am in and where the kids were born (nz), but eventaully will head back to be with family friends etc....so yes from birth..all my family, granparents etc are british. thanks i wait to hear :-) Matt
Old Oct 29th 2009, 3:34 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mattinnz2001
Hi Pollyana, thanks for your help, I am a citizen by birth, i was born in UK and have lived there most of my life, am 30, been there for 25 years, and just been over seas working and happen to get residency in the country i am in and where the kids were born (nz),
In that case, you should read:
http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Britis...hip_by_Descent

Is your partner from New Zealand? And if your children are NZ citizens, have you thought about New Zealand citizenship for yourself?