Living with family- Spouse visa

Old Jul 18th 2018, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

A3am is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Living with family- Spouse visa

Hi,

My husband and I are moving back to the UK using a spouse visa. We will be living with family while we look for more permanent accommodation.

1. What needs to be included in the letter from the family member we will be staying with?
2. What supporting documents do you need to prove ownership?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Old Jul 18th 2018, 10:13 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Living with family- Spouse visa

1. That they give permission for you to stay there and that there is sufficient room as per the accommodation requirement. I would also get them to sign it in ink.
2. Land Registry title deeds and some photo ID with a signature.
Old Jul 19th 2018, 10:31 am
Forum Regular

A3am is an unknown quantity at this point

If I have a certified copy of the original title deeds and certified copy of ID, do I still need to get a housing report done? I have seen many people mention a housing report but cannot find information about this on the governments requirements.

Thanks again!
Old Jul 19th 2018, 11:11 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by A3am
If I have a certified copy of the original title deeds and certified copy of ID, do I still need to get a housing report done? I have seen many people mention a housing report but cannot find information about this on the governments requirements.

Thanks again!
Depends on how crowded the property would be but it’s not essential if there will be self-evidentially sufficient room, e.g. a three bedroom house with two adult couples living there.