Living apart, spouse visa?

Old Jan 29th 2018, 3:42 am
Pre
Forum Regular

Pre is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Living apart, spouse visa?

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
When you apply for your next visa, Further Leave To Remain(M), you're asked if you've lived with your spouse since arriving on your first visa. If you haven't lived with him for the entire time, you're asked to explain why. You must answer these questions truthfully. I wouldn't think that 'he didn't want to live with his parents but he wanted me to', or 'he didn't think it was fair that he would have to pay another deposit on a rental property' would be viewed very positively by the person assessing your application.

I think you need to be very careful. Your husband is supposed to be financially sponsoring you to live in the UK, yet he's not even prepared to pay a deposit on a rental property so you can live together?

Something's not right..
Hi yeah first of all thanks for your answer and point of view. Yes completely I wouldn't lie in that interview and like you said it would look weird to them. Then well yeah he said he is going to help me with the 500 pounds of the nsh but he said he doesn't have enough money to rent a place and pay for the deposit which is fair enough but at least I would appreciate him leaving with me at his parents, I really wanted a advicer but like I said before he said it was like 150 pounds so that was not necessarily, and well the other this that his contract is temporary for 1 year so he ask me if I can take a bank statement proof in here of some money I have to apply with my savings but the amount was not enough.
Old Jan 29th 2018, 3:50 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pre
Hi yeah first of all thanks for your answer and point of view. Yes completely I wouldn't lie in that interview and like you said it would look weird to them. Then well yeah he said he is going to help me with the 500 pounds of the nsh but he said he doesn't have enough money to rent a place and pay for the deposit which is fair enough but at least I would appreciate him leaving with me at his parents, I really wanted a advicer but like I said before he said it was like 150 pounds so that was not necessarily, and well the other this that his contract is temporary for 1 year so he ask me if I can take a bank statement proof in here of some money I have to apply with my savings but the amount was not enough.
If his earnings are high enough to sponsor you then he is surely earning enough to rent a place for the two of you It can be a small flat, doesn't need to be a big house, but it needs to be a home for you both. You've said that his lodgings are in the same town that his parents live in, so he cannot use the excuse that he is working away somewhere He needs to get out of the place he is currently sharing and rent a place for the two of you.
And I am fairly certain that any advisor would say the same.

I have a friend who is currently renting a room in a lovely shared house, but he will shortly be sponsoring his fiance to join him in the UK. Because of that he is now looking at rental places so that he can get a flat where they can live together as a couple. THAT is what your man should be doing.
Old Jan 29th 2018, 3:57 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pre
All I can say is if you were my daughter or sister, I'd be very worried about you. Actually - even though you're not my daughter or sister I'm still worried about you! You're moving to a new country, you won't be able to get any financial help from the government for at least five years, and I think your husband is acting very strangely. Please be careful.
Old Jan 29th 2018, 4:10 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
All I can say is if you were my daughter or sister, I'd be very worried about you. Actually - even though you're not my daughter or sister I'm still worried about you! ......
You're not the only one!
Old Jan 29th 2018, 6:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

He sounds like a real catch
Old Jan 29th 2018, 7:16 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pre
Hi yes I completely understand your point of view same as them, I would love to have more support from his side not only financial. I have the feeling if I apply like this they are going to deny me the visa and Im going to lose like 2.000 pounds, at the moment I'm not working here an have some debts so that only makes it more difficult thankfully my mum is helping me with that, and well the other this that his contract is temporary for 1 year so he ask me if I can take a bank statement proof in here of some money I have to apply with my savings but the amount was not enough.
So.what happens when you go to apply for ILR and it's refused? You will have lost £2000 plus 5 years of your life being married to a man who cares so little about you that he would prefer to live elsewhere than with his wife. If your ILR is refused an appeal is going to cost a whole lot more than a deposit on a flat. If you are not successful in an appeal then you will likely not be allowed to stay in the UK.

We don't know you, but to me your case is simply covered in red flags. For your own wellbeing I would strongly advise you to rethink your application. This is not a man who has YOUR best interest in his heart. A man who loves and cares for his wife is not one who will not give up his bachelor life so his wife can live with and take care of his mother. If you were my daughter I would do whatever I could to convince you that this is a potential disaster waiting to happen.
Old Jan 29th 2018, 8:35 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Dear! Could be a question on the Immigration Officers test Paper. "Applicant wants wife to join him in UK on a spouse visa. He meets the financial criteria but does not want her to stay with him but to live with his parents in the same town. would you approve the visa?"
I feel sorry for the OP , she is heading for disaster.....
Why would he sponsor her to get to UK - if he won't rent suitable accommodation for them, and she does not find work fairly quickly , will he support her financially or ask his parents to feed and clothe her. I feel there may be chunks of the story we are missing??
Old Jan 29th 2018, 8:45 am
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute

All I can do is echo the concerns expressed above. There is something terribly wrong with this relationship! Please reconsider spending all your money to come to a strange country where there is no guarantee of support from anyone who is supposed to be close to you.
Old Jan 29th 2018, 8:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pre
Hi yes I completely understand your point of view same as them, I would love to have more support from his side not only financial. I have the feeling if I apply like this they are going to deny me the visa and Im going to lose like 2.000 pounds, at the moment I'm not working here an have some debts so that only makes it more difficult thankfully my mum is helping me with that, and well the other this that his contract is temporary for 1 year so he ask me if I can take a bank statement proof in here of some money I have to apply with my savings but the amount was not enough.
Run, run fast, run long.
Old Jan 29th 2018, 9:28 am
BE Enthusiast

angie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pre
Hello everyone.
I have an important question... Me and my husband are hoping to apply for the spouse visa soon (he is from England and I'm from Latin America) currently he is renting a room in a shared house, he told me that maybe when I arrive there I can stay at his mums house but he cannot stay with me because the room only is a single bed. The other option he told me is that I stay at a hostel for some months until we find a place of our own. My question is can that be a big problem I mean he staying in one place and me in another. I send the question to and adviser but sadly I haven't had any reply. Thanks in advance.
How long have you been married? what country did you marry in? Was your husband living in your country when you met?
Old Jan 29th 2018, 9:44 am
Pre
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by michali
All I can do is echo the concerns expressed above. There is something terribly wrong with this relationship! Please reconsider spending all your money to come to a strange country where there is no guarantee of support from anyone who is supposed to be close to you.
Hello first thanks for the answer that's another thing maybe due to a will of my dad that passed away I do have a good amount of money at the bank but I do think its fair as well to take all my money here that is quite a lot here and take it to the UK where is not going to be as much, I don't pretend he pays for everything like I said I'm paying for the whole visa application, plane ticket, two trips to the next country for English test and apply for the visa. He is helping me with the nsh and the cost of the English test (because I ask him for the favor) I do the know
Old Jan 29th 2018, 9:59 am
Pre
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by angie_329
How long have you been married? what country did you marry in? Was your husband living in your country when you met?
We got together 8 years ago and married 5 years ago, I'm from central americana n we met in the UK and then he came n live here
Old Jan 29th 2018, 10:02 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Putting myself in the shoes of an immigration officer, reviewing the facts that will be submitted on the application - husband doesn't want to live with the wife, wife is paying for virtually everything to get herself to the UK, wife does not even seem particularly bothered that she will not be living with her husband........this has all the hallmarks of being a marriage arranged purely to get the wife to the Uk.

OP, Pre, please don't think that I am saying this is definitely the case, but this is the way it looks to outsiders. You have money, you are using that money to finance your way into the UK. I can't see any other way you would be getting a visa to live in the UK. It really does look as if you have got a man to marry you so that you can move there. That man is not changing his life for you at all, he is continuing to live with his mates and is not making you part of his life. I strongly suspect that unless your application is altered considerably it will be rejected as not being a genuine marriage.
Old Jan 29th 2018, 10:24 am
Pre
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Putting myself in the shoes of an immigration officer, reviewing the facts that will be submitted on the application - husband doesn't want to live with the wife, wife is paying for virtually everything to get herself to the UK, wife does not even seem particularly bothered that she will not be living with her husband........this has all the hallmarks of being a marriage arranged purely to get the wife to the Uk.

OP, Pre, please don't think that I am saying this is definitely the case, but this is the way it looks to outsiders. You have money, you are using that money to finance your way into the UK. I can't see any other way you would be getting a visa to live in the UK. It really does look as if you have got a man to marry you so that you can move there. That man is not changing his life for you at all, he is continuing to live with his mates and is not making you part of his life. I strongly suspect that unless your application is altered considerably it will be rejected as not being a genuine marriage.
Hi again I completely understand your point don't worry, I see it the same way as you, we have been together for years now 8, but we have always pay for each thing each, we divide everything in half, like I said we were separated for some months last year that's why when I arrived to the UK I was staying at the hostel, he told me we were going to get a advicer for the visa but them he look and realise they cost 160 pounds the hour n he didn't want to pay for that, he said we can ask all the doubts at the forum, like I said he is helping with the nsh 500 pounds and the English test but I'm covering the plane, visa application, two trips to the neighbour country n some legal stuff at my country, I don't have a job at the moment so I will have to take an amount of a will money I have i don't want to take it all there because is worth a lot more here, like I can buy a house with that money here and there is like a good amount but never for a house. And yes when I asked him where I was going to stay cos he already had told me I can't stay with him, he reply dunno in a hostel or something and then I asked about his parents and he said he was going to ask but he can't stay with me because of the single bed
Old Jan 29th 2018, 12:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

angie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pre
We got together 8 years ago and married 5 years ago, I'm from central americana n we met in the UK and then he came n live here
OK so you lived together married in your country for a while.. why did he go back to the UK and was it a long time ago or recently? Also what immigration status did you have when you were first in the UK? Visitor/ student? These are all things you may need to clarify in your spouse visa application.

Probably the immigration officer will want to understand that your relationship is still on -going... and you have not both drifted apart.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.