Life in the UK test

Old Mar 3rd 2023, 7:25 pm
Forum Regular

AnnF is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Life in the UK test

Hi guys!

This year I have to present the life in the UK test for my indefinite leave to remain application ( I have to do this one in December as my current on will expire in January 2024)

My question is, how long in advance I can do this test?

thanks for your help as always!
Old Mar 3rd 2023, 8:01 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Life in the UK test

Any time you like. It doesn’t expire.
Old Mar 5th 2023, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

Perfect! Thanks

I’m not sure what is the best book to get as there are lots of editions. Does the last edition contain all the information need it or do I need to get all of them?

On their website they offer lots of options as well, but I’m not sure what could be the best choice for me.

what would you advice?

https://www.officiallifeintheuk.co.uk/shop
Old Mar 5th 2023, 8:34 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

The ‘Guide for New Residents’ will contain all the answers you will need to pass the test, written in the format of a guidebook. If you have a reasonable general knowledge of the UK’s history and political system then a lot you’ll already know. The other two books are designed to help you pass the test itself. Ultimately getting all three is going to make you the most prepared but may be overkill depending on how well you already know the UK.
Old Mar 5th 2023, 8:37 pm
Forum Regular

Got it! My knowledge is basic to be honest. So I think I might have to get the 3 books!

thanks again
Old Mar 6th 2023, 3:06 pm
Forum Regular

DernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond repute

My wife took the test in December 20221, she used the book that BiP mentioned, but she also did a huge number of practice tests on this website:

https://lifeintheuktests.co.uk/life-in-the-uk-test/

We realised that just reading the book is not enough, since this does not drive the information into your brain, and that doing lots of practice tests was the way to go. There are 45 tests on the site, I have suggested and she did each one at least five times, over a period of just under one month. We kept a note of the scores for every test, our aim was that she would get a score of over 20 every time. And the weekend before the actual test, she did all 45 again to be safe.
Old Mar 6th 2023, 5:20 pm
Forum Regular

Hi! Thank you for your advice I’ll read the books and practice through that link!