Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Letter providing permission to live in property from Husband

Letter providing permission to live in property from Husband

Old Dec 6th 2021, 11:10 pm
Forum Regular

Ryan2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Letter providing permission to live in property from Husband

Hi

As part of documents for ILR I have to write a letter saying I am happy about my wife living with me in my property as the mortgage is only on my name.

Do I need to write specific legal wording? Do you have any templates?

Thanks
Old Dec 7th 2021, 12:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Letter providing permission to live in property from Husband

Dear Sirs,

My wife has been living with me for past 5 years at xxxxxxxxx . She's been really good, cleaning, cooking, doing the laundry etc. I'm very happy for her to stay. ..........

No, you don't have to have legalise.
Old Dec 7th 2021, 8:20 am
Forum Regular

DernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond repute

This is what I wrote for my wife for FLR and ILR, with our names and addresses at the top of the page:

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

Mrs *********

Permission to live at above address

I hereby confirm that my spouse, Mrs *******, has permission to live at *********. I purchased this property in ******** as the marital home, and since then we have been living here together.

I also confirm that Mrs ***** has my permission to live at this property rent free, for an unlimited period, and that there are no conditions attached to this permission.

Yours faithfully,
Old Dec 7th 2021, 5:40 pm
Just Joined

TD199113 is an unknown quantity at this point

Would this be the same if the property is owned by a relative? Thanks
Old Dec 7th 2021, 6:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TD199113
Would this be the same if the property is owned by a relative? Thanks
If property is owned by someone other than sponsor and applicant then that owner has to give permission and provide proof of ownership.
Old Dec 8th 2021, 1:23 pm
Forum Regular

Ryan2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you