Letter from parents regarding finances...

Old Mar 30th 2019, 10:13 am
Forum Regular

Hydreliox is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Letter from parents regarding finances...

Hi all. Would it be possible to overview the letter below from my parents regarding the source of finances in my account. I am unsure if I should include or exclude the text I have highlighted in italics and if there should be any modification of the text included in the letter below.

Any help and input appreciated. Application hopefully sent in this next week!

Best regards and a good weekend to you all
Thanks

---------------------------------------------

To whom it may concern,

We are writing to confirm that myself, FATHERFIRST FATHERLAST (British Citizen) and wife MOTHERFIRST MOTHERLAST (British Citizen) have gifted the sum of 65000GBP to our son FIRST MIDDLE LAST (British Citizen), to assist with with his wife, FIRST MIDDLE LAST ((Taiwanese Citizen) known to us as ENGLISHFIRST ENGLISH LAST), and our grandchild, FIRST MIDDLE LAST (British Citizen) in starting a new family life and home in the United Kingdom. The funds were transferred in three seperate transactions, completed in August 2018. It should be noted that this amount is a gift for our son, FIRST MIDDLE LAST to use as he feels necessary and is without condition from ourselves. There is no expectations to repatriate the funds back to us. The source of the funds from ourselves is from our life of work savings, investments and the sale of FATHERFIRST FATHERLAST business, BUSINESS NAME in 2004. A copy of our current statement of our bank accounts are included to confirm that this is a gifted amount which has not left us in a financially liable situation.

It should be further noted that 1950GBP was also gifted in December 2018 - as a Christmas gift from ourselves to SONS NAME, DAUGHTER-IN-LAW NAME (known to us as ENGLISH NAME) and GRANDDAUGHTER NAME for them to use again as appropriate. This again is without condition or expectation of return.

Should you require any further information or have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at the above telephone numbers or address.

Yours sincerely,

FATHERFIRST FATHERLAST (Father)

MOTHERFIRST MOTHERLAST (Mother)

---------------------------------------------

Old Mar 30th 2019, 12:44 pm
Forum Regular

OSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Letter from parents regarding finances...

How long have you held the cash for in your name? If it's for 6 months and over, do you still need a letter from your parents?
Old Mar 30th 2019, 12:48 pm
Forum Regular

Hydreliox is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by OSJG
How long have you held the cash for in your name? If it's for 6 months and over, do you still need a letter from your parents?
The amount has been in the account since July 2018 and the bank statements say as such. As this amount was a gift and is the original source of the funds I believe we need a letter from my parents to confirm that this is the original source of the funds. I am under the belief that it would be better to include rather than exclude the letter as I would not wish to gamble the application without providing it, as it is required to show the source of the funds.
Old Mar 30th 2019, 2:02 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hydreliox
The amount has been in the account since July 2018 and the bank statements say as such. As this amount was a gift and is the original source of the funds I believe we need a letter from my parents to confirm that this is the original source of the funds. I am under the belief that it would be better to include rather than exclude the letter as I would not wish to gamble the application without providing it, as it is required to show the source of the funds.
Including the letter is very sensible. Just my opinion, but I don't think any of the information in italics is necessary.