Is letter from landlord mandatory?

Old Jul 28th 2018, 12:59 pm
Just Joined

Happytiara is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is letter from landlord mandatory?

Hello all!
the tenancy agreement is in my spouse's name and it's for an entire flat (no roommates etc) is it mandatory to have a letter from the landlord agreeing to me living there?
please do let me know

thank you!!
a
Old Jul 28th 2018, 2:32 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is letter from landlord mandatory?

Depends what the tenancy agreement says about anyone else living there.
Old Jul 28th 2018, 2:41 pm
Just Joined

Thanks BIP! The agreement states under permitted occupiers : the tenant's household; additional persons who are permitted to live in the property with the tenant. Children or other dependents under 18 do not need to be listed in the agreement.
The agreement also states under permitted use : to use the property for private residence for the tenant and the tenant's immediate family and occasional guests only

my understanding is that this means I am allowed to live there and as per rent rules I can only be added to the agreement once my visa is in place.

Let me know what what you think?
best
a
Old Jul 28th 2018, 2:50 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

That seems fine to me. I would draw the ECO's attention to that clause in your covering letter.
Old Jul 28th 2018, 2:54 pm
Just Joined

Thank you so much BIP! Have a good weekend!
Old Aug 9th 2018, 4:07 am
Just Joined

Hello again

we managed to get a letter from the letting agent on behalf of the landlord , the letter states " subject to contract, and passing the relevant checks, the leaseholder has authorised that Mr Xxxx spouse can be added to the tenancy agreement once she has been granted her settlement visa and provided us with all the relevant documentation"

i am assumimg this is sufficient?
Old Aug 9th 2018, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by Happytiara
Hello again

we managed to get a letter from the letting agent on behalf of the landlord , the letter states " subject to contract, and passing the relevant checks, the leaseholder has authorised that Mr Xxxx spouse can be added to the tenancy agreement once she has been granted her settlement visa and provided us with all the relevant documentation"

i am assumimg this is sufficient?
More than sufficient given what is already in the tenancy agreement.
Old Aug 9th 2018, 8:38 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
More than sufficient given what is already in the tenancy agreement.
thanks BIP!