Language requirement under 281(i)(b)(ii)?

Old Feb 10th 2012, 1:09 pm
Back from India

pennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Language requirement under 281(i)(b)(ii)?

Originally Posted by roaringmouse
The date you put on the application is an intended date, it does not tie you in to that date. If ILE is granted then technically there isn't a date you must enter by, but much longer than about 6 months you're likely to be asked more questions by the border guard. Under current rules, the start date of the visa can be post-dated up to 3 months.
the point I was trying to make was you should show you intend to travel around the date you say
Old Feb 10th 2012, 1:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pennylessinindia
the point I was trying to make was you should show you intend to travel around the date you say
They simply ask for date of intended travel, nothing more. It's something that can easily change due to processing times, or other factors including delaying travel due to changing your mind about when to go. With ILE, if it's granted, there's a bit more flexibility due to not having to apply 2 years down the track like the usual spouse visa.
Old Feb 10th 2012, 1:42 pm
Forum Regular

TomInHongKong is an unknown quantity at this point

Heck, if it means we can get the visa before the rules change, we'd be happy to move by Easter. Or at least, fly back at Easter and start arranging furniture and popping in to see some recruitment companies etc. Not 100% certain that all loose ends in Hong Kong could be tied up by that time, but it wouldn't take more than a couple of trips back and forth.
Old Feb 10th 2012, 3:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

Haven't I read elsewhere on the forums you're pretty much definitely returning to Australia now?
Yes most likely, but the timing is craptacular, because Mrs TB's spouse visa expires mid March, she she needs to travel to Korea for some family business around the same time, and of course needs to be let back into the UK after that. Due to my ongoing spinal surgery (looks like a 2nd op) we can't go back before that.

So our only option is to go for ILR. But having said that, returning is not set in stone for this year, so whilst expensive, ILR does give us breathing, thinking, recovery time.
Old Feb 10th 2012, 3:53 pm
Back from India

pennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to behold

They simply ask for date of intended travel, nothing more. It's something that can easily change due to processing times, or other factors including delaying travel due to changing your mind about when to go. With ILE, if it's granted, there's a bit more flexibility due to not having to apply 2 years down the track like the usual spouse visa.
yes but you can not apply now and say you wish to travel in December, that is the point I was making