Just had my Biometrics... Very concerned!

Old Sep 24th 2018, 2:11 am
Forum Regular

Mrs.E is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Just had my Biometrics... Very concerned!

Hey all

I just had my biometrics done in Melbourne, Australia and I'm quite concerned about what happened, more so what didnt happen!
I'm hoping that someone is able to clarify some things and put me at ease

First thing is that I got the first 2 pages of my application form returned to me (the photo page and declaration page). Do they not keep these pages, or do I submit with the rest of my documents?

Secondly, I was not given the address that I am meant to be sending my documents to, nor any other paperwork... Which address do applications from Melbourne, Australia go to?

My passports were taken and so was my picture, fingerprints and signature....

Is this the normal procedure?​​​​

Thanks in advance!
​​​
Old Sep 24th 2018, 4:52 am
Forum Regular

em28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just had my Biometrics... Very concerned!

Hi Mrs. E,

I had a similar experience in Perth in August. They said they don't keep application forms... just the passport(s). They took my picture, signature and a video of me answering some questions.
They had stamped some stuff on the first page of my application form and asked me to send that over to Sheffield.

They asked me to confirm the address to send the documents on the gov.uk website (https://www.gov.uk/government/public...from-australia)

Hope this helps
Old Sep 24th 2018, 5:01 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by em28
Hi Mrs. E,

I had a similar experience in Perth in August. They said they don't keep application forms... just the passport(s). They took my picture, signature and a video of me answering some questions.
They had stamped some stuff on the first page of my application form and asked me to send that over to Sheffield.

They asked me to confirm the address to send the documents on the gov.uk website (https://www.gov.uk/government/public...from-australia)

Hope this helps
Hey Em28!

Thank you so much for your response!
That has subsided some of my concern!
You've been so helpful! Thank you

Although, I didn't know they video you answering questions lol
There was an awkward moment when the officer asked me to confirm my Family name and I'm still getting used to my married name so I got a bit jumbled lol
I hope that doesn't adversely affect my application....

​​​​​
​​​​

Last edited by Mrs.E; Sep 24th 2018 at 5:04 am.
Old Sep 24th 2018, 5:36 am
Forum Regular

em28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond repute

Glad I could help. I was told that they would ask some questions (name, place of birth, etc) and that they would record my responses. I have no idea why - never experienced this before (maybe for voice id? )

I forgot to mention that they kept my priority payment receipt and asked me to print another one to send over to Sheffield.
Old Sep 24th 2018, 5:45 am
Forum Regular

Glad I could help. I was told that they would ask some questions (name, place of birth, etc) and that they would record my responses. I have no idea why - never experienced this before (maybe for voice id? )

I forgot to mention that they kept my priority payment receipt and asked me to print another one to send over to Sheffield.
Ooo gosh! That's made me a tad nervous now lol
I really hope I don't get harshly criticized for the slight stumble with my Family Name.

They took my Priority Payment receipt as well actually.
Since they took your passport, did you take a copy of your passport and put in your original documents bundle?

Sorry for all the questions! This whole process is making me anxious!
Old Sep 24th 2018, 5:56 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mrs.E
Ooo gosh! That's made me a tad nervous now lol
I really hope I don't get harshly criticized for the slight stumble with my Family Name.
I wouldn't worry about it. Quite normal to get confused with the new name
Also, the voice ID thing is just a guess. I have no idea why they would need a video recording.

They took my Priority Payment receipt as well actually.
Since they took your passport, did you take a copy of your passport and put in your original documents bundle?
Yes, I did put in a copy of my passport with the supporting documents pack.

Sorry for all the questions! This whole process is making me anxious!
Happy to help. I know the feeling! This forum has been so helpful throughout the process.
Old Sep 24th 2018, 6:08 am
Forum Regular

I wouldn't worry about it. Quite normal to get confused with the new name
Also, the voice ID thing is just a guess. I have no idea why they would need a video recording.

Yes, I did put in a copy of my passport with the supporting documents pack.

Happy to help. I know the feeling! This forum has been so helpful throughout the process.
Absolutely agree!
This forum has been amazing!
Thanks again for your help
Have you had a response to your application?
Old Sep 24th 2018, 6:20 am
Forum Regular

Have you had a response to your application?
Not as yet. I've got my fingers crossed.
This Friday (28th) would be 30BD after I submitted my biometrics.
Old Sep 24th 2018, 6:22 am
Forum Regular

I'll cross my fingers for you too!
Old Sep 24th 2018, 6:26 am
Forum Regular

Aww..., thank you
Old Sep 24th 2018, 9:05 am
Forum Regular

I'm just about to send my supporting documents to my husband in the UK, in which he will be forwarding them on to Sheffield.
Before I do, I just wanted to check to see if I've done it correctly...

I've got 2 bundles of documents - a bundle of all my original documents and another bundle of copies of everything in my originals stack...
Is this right or is it not necessary to send both bundles?

Thank you!
Old Sep 24th 2018, 9:14 am
Forum Regular

I'm just about to send my supporting documents to my husband in the UK, in which he will be forwarding them on to Sheffield.
Before I do, I just wanted to check to see if I've done it correctly...

I've got 2 bundles of documents - a bundle of all my original documents and another bundle of copies of everything in my originals stack...
Is this right or is it not necessary to send both bundles?

Thank you!
I did something similar - one bundle with originals only (just had a few documents here) and then a bundle of copies (which was a complete set). I listed everything in a covering letter and mentioned which originals I had included.
From what I have read, if you would like the originals back, you should send the copies... along with a prepaid self addressed return envelope (I'd suggest you make sure it's easily visible - maybe at the top of the pile- I had it in with the papers and they didn't see it and asked me to send one again)

My pack weighed ~1.5kgs!
Old Sep 24th 2018, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

I did something similar - one bundle with originals only (just had a few documents here) and then a bundle of copies (which was a complete set). I listed everything in a covering letter and mentioned which originals I had included.
From what I have read, if you would like the originals back, you should send the copies... along with a prepaid self addressed return envelope (I'd suggest you make sure it's easily visible - maybe at the top of the pile- I had it in with the papers and they didn't see it and asked me to send one again)

My pack weighed ~1.5kgs!
Thanks again, em28!
I'll definitely make sure that my husband puts the return envelope on top!

As it stands, my pack is at about the 2kg mark
Do you happen to know if there is a weight limit?
Old Sep 24th 2018, 9:52 am
Forum Regular

As it stands, my pack is at about the 2kg mark
Do you happen to know if there is a weight limit?
Haven't read anything about a weight limit. I didn't include copies of the bank statements (just originals) as it was crossing the 2kg mark and figured it would be okay if we didn't get them back.
Having said that, I haven't received my supporting documents back (we're both in Oz at the moment - plan on moving back together) so I used a UPS prepaid label.

Since the documents are to be sent to the PO Box address, I'd just make sure that Royal Mail will deliver that weight. I sent everything to a friend in the UK who posted it to Sheffield using Royal Mail Special Delivery by 1pm.
Old Sep 27th 2018, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

Today is the day, em28!!!
​​​​

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.