Just curious

Old Nov 17th 2019, 3:45 am
Just Joined

Rosy2016 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Just curious

Hello my friend just got to the U.K. and they were getting benefits from the state they lived that’s what helped the application here. My friend just told me yesterday that the benefits that helped them meet the income for the visa is under medical review and their benifits will stop for a few months. Now they did tell me that they found out they just have to worry bout meeting the income in two and a half years when they would extend the visa. My question is will not having this income for a couple months do anything to them or will they just have to worry bout the income for extending it?
Old Nov 17th 2019, 4:13 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just curious

Originally Posted by Rosy2016
Hello my friend just got to the U.K. and they were getting benefits from the state they lived that’s what helped the application here. My friend just told me yesterday that the benefits that helped them meet the income for the visa is under medical review and their benifits will stop for a few months. Now they did tell me that they found out they just have to worry bout meeting the income in two and a half years when they would extend the visa. My question is will not having this income for a couple months do anything to them or will they just have to worry bout the income for extending it?
Hi Rosy. I'm assuming that your friend is in the UK on a spouse visa? If so, a couple of months without the pension at this stage won't affect your friend's application for Further Leave To Remain. See extract from appendix FM 1.7 (Financial Requirement) below, I hope this helps.

8.2. Pension – Specified Evidence
8.2.1 The evidence required to demonstrate Pension income is specified in Appendix FM-SE: 10 (e) To evidence a pension, all the following evidence must be provided:
(i) Official documentation from:
(1) The Department for Work and Pensions (in respect of the Basic State Pension and the Additional or Second State Pension) or other government department or agency, including the Veterans Agency;
(2) An overseas pension authority; or
(3) A pension company, confirming pension entitlement and amount.

(ii) At least one personal bank statement in the 12-month period prior to the date of application showing payment of the pension into the person's account.

https://assets.publishing.service.go...ment-ext_1.pdf
Old Nov 17th 2019, 5:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

What type of benefit from what state?

If the benefit level falls below the equivalent of 18,600 GBP per annum, then it will affect their getting another visa.
Old Nov 17th 2019, 6:17 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
What type of benefit from what state?

If the benefit level falls below the equivalent of 18,600 GBP per annum, then it will affect their getting another visa.
I just asked them it was benifits for disability from social security they had them to get approved for this application but then it went it for a medical review and now they get nothing. They asked me to ask is what they were told that as long as they have 18,600 showing when they extend the visa in two and a half yrs they will be ok? They are so strssed over this and so worried someone may come knocking on the door to send them back because of this, I told them no one is gonna pin point them because of this. I know they told me this happened last year and it got denied and they appealed it they it was approved them and their partner are just worried
Old Nov 17th 2019, 6:21 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Hi Rosy. I'm assuming that your friend is in the UK on a spouse visa? If so, a couple of months without the pension at this stage won't affect your friend's application for Further Leave To Remain. See extract from appendix FM 1.7 (Financial Requirement) below, I hope this helps.

8.2. Pension – Specified Evidence
8.2.1 The evidence required to demonstrate Pension income is specified in Appendix FM-SE: 10 (e) To evidence a pension, all the following evidence must be provided:
(i) Official documentation from:
(1) The Department for Work and Pensions (in respect of the Basic State Pension and the Additional or Second State Pension) or other government department or agency, including the Veterans Agency;
(2) An overseas pension authority; or
(3) A pension company, confirming pension entitlement and amount.

(ii) At least one personal bank statement in the 12-month period prior to the date of application showing payment of the pension into the person's account.

https://assets.publishing.service.go...ment-ext_1.pdf
So they have nothing to worry about no one will come knocking on their door at all because of this? They are going to appeal right away and they told me that last year this happened to and they appealed they got their benefits. This visa got refused cuz the HO made a error but then just got overturned so now they are finally in the U.K. now this happens to them

Last edited by Rosy2016; Nov 17th 2019 at 6:23 am. Reason: Added more information
Old Nov 17th 2019, 9:35 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Is this friend actually you? They seem to have exactly the same circumstances.

If not, do ask your friend to register and ask his/her questions themselves please, it’s hard to give correct info without knowing the full details.

Thx.
Old Nov 17th 2019, 4:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

I just asked them it was benifits for disability from social security they had them to get approved for this application but then it went it for a medical review and now they get nothing. They asked me to ask is what they were told that as long as they have 18,600 showing when they extend the visa in two and a half yrs they will be ok? They are so strssed over this and so worried someone may come knocking on the door to send them back because of this, I told them no one is gonna pin point them because of this. I know they told me this happened last year and it got denied and they appealed it they it was approved them and their partner are just worried
If at time of extention of visa they do not have the benefits to prove they have income of 18,600 GBP per annum, then they will need other forms of income or savings to qualify.

If using savings ONLY they will need the 62,500GBP to qualify. If using income and savings they will need whatever the shortfall is x 2.5 PLUS 16,000GBP to qualify.

As Christmasoompa says, this situation of using benefits from the US to qualify, sounds like YOUR situation from your earlier postings.
Old Nov 17th 2019, 6:47 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
If at time of extention of visa they do not have the benefits to prove they have income of 18,600 GBP per annum, then they will need other forms of income or savings to qualify.

If using savings ONLY they will need the 62,500GBP to qualify. If using income and savings they will need whatever the shortfall is x 2.5 PLUS 16,000GBP to qualify.

As Christmasoompa says, this situation of using benefits from the US to qualify, sounds like YOUR situation from your earlier postings.
No this isn't about me. My friend has one more question they were wondering do they have anything to worry about right now with getting no benefits at the moment they are scared a knock on the door will happen one day because the benefits stopped for a few months? They also wanted me to thank all of you for your reply’s
Old Nov 17th 2019, 6:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

No this isn't about me. My friend has one more question they were wondering do they have anything to worry about right now with getting no benefits at the moment they are scared a knock on the door will happen one day because the benefits stopped for a few months? They also wanted me to thank all of you for your reply’s
No, the HO is not going to come knocking on the door as the spouse visa (according to your earlier posts) has already been issued.

However, if the benefits had to be used to meet the financial requirements, it begs the question how the couple is going to support themselves if the benefits stop for a few months?
Old Nov 17th 2019, 7:32 pm
Just Joined

Thank you very much for all your answers