Join Family in the UK visa

Old Jun 24th 2014, 7:50 pm
Forum Regular

ScottWalker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Join Family in the UK visa

I am applying for a visa to join my husband in the UK (he is a british citizen and I am a New Zealander). From our understanding we have to send in his passport as well as mine?

Is this correct? Do we need to send in his passport (as he is my sponsor)?

Furthermore, if this position is correct, then that will cause some problems as his passport is in UK now (he is still in NZ until August) and is caught in the backlog that they are currently experiencing issuing passports over in UK.

I wanted to go with him to UK in August, however, this is looking less and less likely due to the length of time that it takes to process a visa, also if we need to wait for his passport to arrive then that will be even longer before I can apply?

So, in a nutshell: do we need to send in his passport as my sponsor?

If yes, is there any way to hurry up the process or anything else we can do to get me and my children (also British citizens by decent) to the UK in August or as close to thereafter
Old Jun 24th 2014, 9:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Join Family in the UK visa

You do not need to send in his passport.

However you DO need to send relevant, full colour copies of the pages from his passport.

The following is taken from the guide to which document to present with your application

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...settlement.pdf

Evidence of your sponsor’s immigration status/ permission to be in
the UK:

This could be copies of:
 bio-data pages from their passport or Travel Document
 valid UK visa or UK stamp from their passports
 Home Office letter confirming their permission to stay in the UK