Job offer of over 18,600

Old Nov 27th 2016, 5:09 am
Just Joined

MarkGiles is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Job offer of over 18,600

Hello

I have been earning over the 18,600 for almost 3 years from abroad.

I understand that if I can find a job offer of that amount then I do not need to return to the UK first for 6 months.

Am I right in saying then my Non-EU wife would be eligible for a residence visa to move back to the UK at the same time as me?

I read somewhere that I would need to supply a signed job contract in order for this to work? Is that correct?
A job offer is one thing, but an official, signed contract would be one hell of a thing to persuade an employer to send to me before I actually started work.

Thanks for any insights.
Old Nov 27th 2016, 5:29 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Job offer of over 18,600

Welcome to BE.

If you have any problems please feel free to contact me or the moderators for the 'moving back to the UK' forum, Jerseygirl or Bevs. We hope you will enjoy your time with BE.

Yes you will need a written letter about the job, I don't think it has to be a written contract, but will need to be an official letter from the company.
If you can fulfil the requirement then you can apply for the spouse visa from where you are, and then move together. The wording of the visa does seem a little confusing as it says 'Join a settled person' but you, as a British Citizen will be considered 'settled' as soon as you enter the UK'
Old Nov 27th 2016, 5:45 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the reply, maybe I misread the requirement
Old Nov 27th 2016, 5:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Read the following document carefully which gives details of the financial requirements and, in Section 3, provides info as to documents required.

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...equirement.pdf

Also read

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigrat...ified-evidence

which gives even more detail of what documentation has to be provided.

The following is taken from Appendix FM-SE

4. In respect of a job offer in the UK (for an applicant’s partner or parent’s partner returning to salaried employment in the UK at paragraphs E-ECP.3.2.(a) and E-ECC.2.2.(a) of Appendix FM) a letter from the employer must be provided:
(a) confirming the job offer, the gross annual salary and the starting date of the employment which must be within 3 months of the applicant’s partner’s return to the UK; or
(b) enclosing a signed contract of employment, which must have a starting date within 3 months of the applicant’s partner’s return to the UK.
Old Dec 3rd 2016, 2:38 am
Just Joined

Thanks for your reply. I've decided not to go back to the UK now. We are going to move to Italy. As I'm an English teacher, it makes a lot more sense. Ciao.