Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

It's crunch time (well almost) a few clarifications needed

It's crunch time (well almost) a few clarifications needed

Old Feb 28th 2019, 10:28 am
Forum Regular

OSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond repute
Default It's crunch time (well almost) a few clarifications needed

Hello guys .I am now getting my docs ready to submit in a couple of weeks. I have a few questions I need help with pls. A little background info is that my daughter and I have had about 5 previous UK visit visas so the home office has a lot of our info already.

1. People say it's good to show how one intends to be useful to the UK economy by showing you can work. I'm thinking of putting my University certificate to prove I have a degree. Do I need to include proof of my 8yrs employment in my home country as proof of working before and having job experience?

2. In the last three years I have worked for myself. I have submitted my company registration docs with previous visit visa applications. Do I need to include them again? Or there's no need?

3. Even tho I have a corporate account I am submitting my personal savings account because that's where my husband sends my pocket money and the joint account we opened when he was around though we don't use it much yet (issues with transfers so I don't use it much). Are those two enough to show relationships and giving me allowance or must I add my business bank statement too?

4. We must have submitted our (my child and I) birth certificates with previous application, do we still submit it now?

5. The form asks for previous change of name details. I did change from my maiden name to my first husband name in 2010. I have now remarried and looking to join my new husband tho I haven't changed my name yet. Do I need to submit proof of my initial change of name from maiden to ex husband or it's not needed? I keep thinking it may be confusing. For now I'm still keeping my old name because of my child.

6. Does my husband need to have a hefty bank balance when he's printing his bank statement or it doesn't matter as far as we meet the £22400?

7. Do I need to add the photocopies of his boarding passes or the original will do?

8. Recently the way we chat has reduced because he got more busy but we still have phone calls? Hope that won't be a issue?

9. My ex is giving his permission to take our only child with me. Will a letter suffice or should he swear a declaration in court? He was going to add his passport data page but his passport has just expired and getting a new one is hard right now as there's scarcity of booklet. Can he add the expired one like that or a copy of his work id will do? He has his old passport number on her old UK Visa as only valid if accompanied by his or mine

Sorry for the lengthy questions and thanks for your help
Old Feb 28th 2019, 10:52 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: It's crunch time (well almost) a few clarifications needed

Originally Posted by OSJG
Hello guys .I am now getting my docs ready to submit in a couple of weeks. I have a few questions I need help with pls. A little background info is that my daughter and I have had about 5 previous UK visit visas so the home office has a lot of our info already.

1. People say it's good to show how one intends to be useful to the UK economy by showing you can work. I'm thinking of putting my University certificate to prove I have a degree. Do I need to include proof of my 8yrs employment in my home country as proof of working before and having job experience?

2. In the last three years I have worked for myself. I have submitted my company registration docs with previous visit visa applications. Do I need to include them again? Or there's no need?

3. Even tho I have a corporate account I am submitting my personal savings account because that's where my husband sends my pocket money and the joint account we opened when he was around though we don't use it much yet (issues with transfers so I don't use it much). Are those two enough to show relationships and giving me allowance or must I add my business bank statement too?

4. We must have submitted our (my child and I) birth certificates with previous application, do we still submit it now?

5. The form asks for previous change of name details. I did change from my maiden name to my first husband name in 2010. I have now remarried and looking to join my new husband tho I haven't changed my name yet. Do I need to submit proof of my initial change of name from maiden to ex husband or it's not needed? I keep thinking it may be confusing. For now I'm still keeping my old name because of my child.

6. Does my husband need to have a hefty bank balance when he's printing his bank statement or it doesn't matter as far as we meet the £22400?

7. Do I need to add the photocopies of his boarding passes or the original will do?

8. Recently the way we chat has reduced because he got more busy but we still have phone calls? Hope that won't be a issue?

9. My ex is giving his permission to take our only child with me. Will a letter suffice or should he swear a declaration in court? He was going to add his passport data page but his passport has just expired and getting a new one is hard right now as there's scarcity of booklet. Can he add the expired one like that or a copy of his work id will do? He has his old passport number on her old UK Visa as only valid if accompanied by his or mine

Sorry for the lengthy questions and thanks for your help
I'm assuming you're applying for a spouse visa? If so, there's no need to send any information about your skills or work as they're not relevant to your application. So no degrees, no documents from your business, no corporate bank statements.

You only need to show the bank statements that support your application - your personal account showing transfers of money from your husband is useful for relationship evidence.

You need to provide every document asked for, no matter what you've supplied previously. This includes yours and your child's birth certificates.

You need to supply details of your previous marriage plus a copy of your decree absolute from your divorce.

Is you husband supplying all the evidence required for his employment? (I'm assuming that the £22,400 figure you mention is from his employment?) If that's the case, his bank account balance isn't relevant but he must supply the bank statements that show his salary deposits, and these amounts must match his pay slips.

Original boarding passes is enough, no need for copies.

Can't help with the evidence for taking your child out of the country, sorry.
Old Feb 28th 2019, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

OSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
I'm assuming you're applying for a spouse visa? If so, there's no need to send any information about your skills or work as they're not relevant to your application. So no degrees, no documents from your business, no corporate bank statements.

You only need to show the bank statements that support your application - your personal account showing transfers of money from your husband is useful for relationship evidence.

You need to provide every document asked for, no matter what you've supplied previously. This includes yours and your child's birth certificates.

You need to supply details of your previous marriage plus a copy of your decree absolute from your divorce.

Is you husband supplying all the evidence required for his employment? (I'm assuming that the £22,400 figure you mention is from his employment?) If that's the case, his bank account balance isn't relevant but he must supply the bank statements that show his salary deposits, and these amounts must match his pay slips.

Original boarding passes is enough, no need for copies.

Can't help with the evidence for taking your child out of the country, sorry.
Thank you Spouse of Scouse. Yes we are applying for spouse vIsa. Wow i heard ppl say they don't want you to be a liability so it's good to show you can work. Now that I know those aren't needed, I'll remove them.
For my previous marriage, am I including my marriage certificate or only the decree absolute from the divorce is ok?
Old Feb 28th 2019, 11:20 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OSJG
Thank you Spouse of Scouse. Yes we are applying for spouse vIsa. Wow i heard ppl say they don't want you to be a liability so it's good to show you can work. Now that I know those aren't needed, I'll remove them.
For my previous marriage, am I including my marriage certificate or only the decree absolute from the divorce is ok?
You're welcome I can understand why applicants think it would be useful to include information about their skills and work history, but extraneous documents can be confusing and it's never a good idea to confuse your ECO! Yes, marriage certificate as well as the decree absolute.
Old Feb 28th 2019, 12:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
You're welcome I can understand why applicants think it would be useful to include information about their skills and work history, but extraneous documents can be confusing and it's never a good idea to confuse your ECO! Yes, marriage certificate as well as the decree absolute.
Thank you. I'll add the change of name proof then