It's Crunch Time... Have I missed anything?

Old Feb 5th 2019, 10:05 pm
Forum Regular

PrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation It's Crunch Time... Have I missed anything?

Righty then! I think we have the support documents we need for the settlement visa in hand, but if you see anything amiss, please pipe up!

Okay, ready for a big list?

Relationship Evidence:
  • Cover letter/relationship narrative from me
  • Cover letter/relationship narrative from hubby
  • Marriage license
  • Oldest daughter's stepparent adoption decree
  • Childrens' birth certificates
  • Family photo montage with dates from 2014 to 2019
  • Two plane ticket/trip itineraries showing our family names
  • Car insurance in both our names
  • Driver's license color copies for both of us, showing the same address
Financial Evidence:
  • Cover letter from bank showing current account balance, notarized with an impressed seal for extra "officalness"
  • Last six bank statements, ink stamped on each page by the bank
  • Bank statement from last April showing property sale deposits (substantial source of some of the funds)
  • ALTA settlement statements from those two April property sales
  • Check stubs from the April sales, showing the breakdown for funds tracing
  • ALTA settlement statement from a property sale this past December
Accommodation Evidence:
  • Offer letter for our home in Scotland
  • Qualified acceptance letter for the home
  • Title registration for the home (in both our names)
  • Home report for the home
  • Floorplan for the home
  • Photos of the inside and outside of the home
Misc:
  • Cover sheet listing all documents
  • Printout of online visa application
  • Biometrics appointment confirmation letter
  • Hubby's current passport
  • Hubby's previous passport (2004-2014)
  • Photocopy of bio page of my passport
  • Photocopies of bio pages of the girls' passports (they're all British citizens)
  • My birth certificate
  • Hubby's birth certificate
  • My previous divorce decree
  • Hubby's list of galleries for his art career (to back up the employment section on the main visa app, even though we're using the Cat D route)
  • A couple of local newspaper articles about hubby's work to further prove he does paint for a living
  • Hubby's previous divorce decree
So, that's quite the list, I know. I know it might be more than we need, but the real question is have we missed anything vital?

There used to be a requirement to send passport-style photos of the applicant (and the sponsor?): I think that requirement has gone away now, correct?
Old Feb 5th 2019, 11:13 pm
Forum Regular

Sammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: It's Crunch Time... Have I missed anything?

Originally Posted by PrairieWriter
Righty then! I think we have the support documents we need for the settlement visa in hand, but if you see anything amiss, please pipe up!

Okay, ready for a big list?

Relationship Evidence:
  • Cover letter/relationship narrative from me
  • Cover letter/relationship narrative from hubby
  • Marriage license
  • Oldest daughter's stepparent adoption decree
  • Childrens' birth certificates
  • Family photo montage with dates from 2014 to 2019
  • Two plane ticket/trip itineraries showing our family names
  • Car insurance in both our names
  • Driver's license color copies for both of us, showing the same address
Financial Evidence:
  • Cover letter from bank showing current account balance, notarized with an impressed seal for extra "officalness"
  • Last six bank statements, ink stamped on each page by the bank
  • Bank statement from last April showing property sale deposits (substantial source of some of the funds)
  • ALTA settlement statements from those two April property sales
  • Check stubs from the April sales, showing the breakdown for funds tracing
  • ALTA settlement statement from a property sale this past December
Accommodation Evidence:
  • Offer letter for our home in Scotland
  • Qualified acceptance letter for the home
  • Title registration for the home (in both our names)
  • Home report for the home
  • Floorplan for the home
  • Photos of the inside and outside of the home
Misc:
  • Cover sheet listing all documents
  • Printout of online visa application
  • Biometrics appointment confirmation letter
  • Hubby's current passport
  • Hubby's previous passport (2004-2014)
  • Photocopy of bio page of my passport
  • Photocopies of bio pages of the girls' passports (they're all British citizens)
  • My birth certificate
  • Hubby's birth certificate
  • My previous divorce decree
  • Hubby's list of galleries for his art career (to back up the employment section on the main visa app, even though we're using the Cat D route)
  • A couple of local newspaper articles about hubby's work to further prove he does paint for a living
  • Hubby's previous divorce decree
So, that's quite the list, I know. I know it might be more than we need, but the real question is have we missed anything vital?

There used to be a requirement to send passport-style photos of the applicant (and the sponsor?): I think that requirement has gone away now, correct?

yes in the passport. Photo they use biometric details

I will leave everything else to the experts
Old Feb 6th 2019, 1:45 am
Forum Regular

PrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond repute

I forgot to include Appendix 2 in the financial evidence list. So yes, blimey, I will be including Appendix 2!
Old Feb 7th 2019, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

We did upload all the documents to VFS Global last night (which took some time because my, that website is clunky!). We also purchased priority processing and a return courier label. Hubby was meant to get an email with the label attached, but unfortunately the email didn't include an attachment (and we re-requested it several times). We also can't get the label to materialize online, so we've emailed VFS Global in New York to see if they can help us out. If the shipping label doesn't turn up, we'll just UPS the package and create a return shipping label ourselves. We'll see what happens!
Old Feb 7th 2019, 9:05 pm
Forum Regular

Sammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of light

We did upload all the documents to VFS Global last night (which took some time because my, that website is clunky!). We also purchased priority processing and a return courier label. Hubby was meant to get an email with the label attached, but unfortunately the email didn't include an attachment (and we re-requested it several times). We also can't get the label to materialize online, so we've emailed VFS Global in New York to see if they can help us out. If the shipping label doesn't turn up, we'll just UPS the package and create a return shipping label ourselves. We'll see what happens!
I had to hunt and peck for that label . However lots of complaints recently about the labels and issues with the site.
Good luck !!
Old Feb 7th 2019, 10:40 pm
Just Joined

PrairiePainter is an unknown quantity at this point

Your previous tips on uploading were really helpful! We didn’t have a 36 hr ordeal, thankfully, but based on what we experienced I think folks should be prepared to babysit the uploads for 4-5 hrs.
Old Feb 7th 2019, 10:44 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by PrairiePainter
Your previous tips on uploading were really helpful! We didn’t have a 36 hr ordeal, thankfully, but based on what we experienced I think folks should be prepared to babysit the uploads for 4-5 hrs.
Not my tips got them from another forum. I am a big believer in sharing.
The hardest part is the wait hopefully you will have a decision made email within 30 days🍀
Old Feb 7th 2019, 11:21 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Sammy2018

Not my tips got them from another forum. I am a big believer in sharing.
The hardest part is the wait hopefully you will have a decision made email within 30 days🍀
Which forum did you visit to get those tips? Sharing is great, yes! We would certainly have been confused and lost without the advice and shared anecdotal experiences of people in this forum!

I know you've been waiting for quite a while for a decision on your hubby's visa, and I hope you hear something very soon!
Old Feb 7th 2019, 11:36 pm
Forum Regular

Which forum did you visit to get those tips? Sharing is great, yes! We would certainly have been confused and lost without the advice and shared anecdotal experiences of people in this forum!

I know you've been waiting for quite a while for a decision on your hubby's visa, and I hope you hear something very soon!
I go to a couple of forums
https://www.facebook.com/groups/689146844508618/?ref=share

and also go to the Uk Yankee forum this one has a subscription $1 if you want to post if not you can just read they have a non priority spousal visa time line and a priority visa time line under the visa and immigration part.
( I like British expats and this one the most )