Irish Citizen bring non-EU partner to UK

Old Oct 7th 2021, 7:56 am
Just Joined

rpssoa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Irish Citizen bring non-EU partner to UK

Hi everyone

My partner and I currently live in Australia and we are planning to move to England mid-next year. We have a registered relationship in Australia.

He has Australian and Irish citizenship so we assume he would be covered by the CTA (Common Travel Area) agreement and would have no issue settling.
I only have Brazilian citizenship and as far I know I would have to apply for a family visa through him if I want to live in England.

I've got a few questions and would love if I could get some help!

1 - Am I able to apply for a family visa through him while we are still living in Australia? Or can this only be done when he starts living in the UK?

2 - If this visa can only be applied when he moves to the UK, is it a better option to get a visit visa and switch visas over there?

3 - Regarding fees, do I have to pay for the family visa fee (£1,523) + Healthcare Surcharge? Is there anything I'm missing out?

I’d appreciate any and all help!

Thanks!
Old Oct 7th 2021, 2:56 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Irish Citizen bring non-EU partner to UK

1. Either is an option.

2. That’s not possible. You’ll need to apply from Australia or Brazil.

3. That’s correct.
Old Oct 7th 2021, 3:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Irish Citizen bring non-EU partner to UK

Read the following document carefully to see how to qualify under the specific categories, and the financial requirements:

https://assets.publishing.service.go...t-v7.0-ext.pdf